The landscaping of the gardens is lovely. The boat suites are carefully placed and there are ponds and statues in the grounds. Having come from a hotel with individual villa's, I was worried about the noise, but didn't hear anything at all from the rooms either side or above.
The boat pool is large and warm but we spent most of our time in the other pool as it was nearer to our room. The beach is very shallow so it takes quite a while to get out to swimming depth but this means that it is very warm.
We arrived before the designated check in time but were immediately offered our room. Our credit card wasn't swiped for 3,500 baht as it was at the previous check in. The room had twin beds and we had requested a double so they pushed them together the next day and made us one enormous bed. The breakfast has a good selection to suit everyone. We didn't eat any other meals in the hotel as there is a road full of excellent restaurants right out the front of the hotel.
Orchid is an excellent restaurant with lovely food and service and cocktails for 79 baht (under 2 pounds.) The Krua Thai is another good one and serves very large portions. The only two meals I couldn't finish came from there. Typically a main meal in one of the restaurants on the road will cost you around 130 baht (under 3 pounds.) Cocktails are generally 125 baht in the other restaurants apart from the Orchid. But the Orange Peel bar does them for 79 baht until 11pm. Charlie Chaplins has a very nice ambience and lovely food, but the portions are on the small side.
There is a 7 Eleven about 3 minutes walk from the hotel. Lots of stray dogs but the restaurants and hotels let them wander in and out which is nice and they don't bother anyone.
Try the Football Golf which is out of the hotel and turn left and walk for about 20 minutes. It is an amazing course and has 18 holes that are all landscaped. Each hole is named after a professional footballer and some are very tricky. An excellent two hours. About 750 baht from memory but I have never heard of another one in the world so it's a once in a lifetime.
Excellent location. Choeng Mon is so small and friendly. I got to browse in a shop and try on 6 dresses at leisure with no hassle.
The fishermans market on a friday night is well worth a visit. The hotel will take you there for 100 baht (2 pounds.) Lots of bargains and cocktails for 60 baht!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Imperial Boat House Beach Resort on Choeng Mon beach is situated on a beautiful stretch of white, soft sand on the northeast coast of Koh Samui. With spacious rooms, lush landscaping and genuine staff, we look forward to an opportunity to welcome you. What could make for a better experience than a stay in an authentic teak rice barge? Our teakwood rice barges have been converted into international standard luxury suites. We also offer 8 low-rise accommodation wings with a total of 210 rooms. Our resort is just 5 kilometers from the island's international airport and 10 minutes from Chaweng Beach and has easy access to the entire island.Complimentary round-trip transfer to Chaweng is provided. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Expedia, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Imperial Boat House Beach Resort, Koh Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Imperial Boat House Beach Hotel Choeng Mon
- Imperial Boat Hotel
- Imperial Boat House Koh Samui
- Hotel Imperial Boat
- Imperial Boat House Beach Resort, Koh Samui Ko Samui/Choeng Mon