“Perfection!”

Imperial Boat House Beach Resort, Koh Samui
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Choeng Mon
Reviewed March 13, 2014

What a wonderful holiday we had at the Imperial Boat House, we stayed for 28 nights in a premier room which was spacious ,plenty of wardrobe space, a huge balcony. We were celebrating my husbands birthday so our children joined us for 2 weeks in a superior room and what a wonderful time was had by all.
It is a gem of a hotel situated on Choeng Mon beach with 2 beautiful pools, plenty of sun beds, and exceptional staff, Baw,Tip, Kaek,Ta, Tik, A, Jack (just to name a few) our housemaid Ying, the pool boys, the chefs and Pla and her team on reception,we have never visited such a friendly hotel.
The breakfast buffet was excellent and we thoroughly enjoyed the seafood buffet when we celebrated the big birthday, Kaek and her team looked after us so well. We enjoyed several meals in the Boat Restaurant, the Thai buffet was great fun, Cleeven and Leila were brilliant, Leila has the most amazing voice.
Happy hour is not to be missed, the massage parlour on the beach was wonderful.
Mr Doeke, the manager is very visible and friendly.
Simply the best!! We shall be back!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Chris and Phill... S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,504)

Reviewed March 12, 2014

We decided to stay at the Imperial Boat House as we only had 3 days in Ko Samui, we didn't want our transfer to be too far from the airport due to our restricted time here.

The Imperial Boat House was our first choice due to the unusual boats which you could stay in.

Upon arrival we were greeted warmly with cold flannels and a lovely fruit juice whilst we checked in and our bags were taken to the boat house.

The boats are so impressive - set over two floors with sun loungers on your deck. Lovely and clean with comfy beds. I could not fault them.

The hotel has a private beach area which has lovely natural tree shade, a few nice restaurants and Thai Massage huts line the beach - all of them looked busy!

We were B & B and I can not fault the quality or the amount of food that you could have for breakfast. A mix of Thai & European options were available.

We ate lunch at the bar by the pool twice and the food and service both times were great.

Both pools were clean, well looked after with a great standard of sun bed however we liked the mainly adult pool just as it was quieter.

We didn't have an evening meal here or use the bar of an evening as we like to go out.

We do wish that we could have spent longer here as we couldn't fault this hotel!

Room Tip: Always try the Boat Houses if you can!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VickyP77
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Staying at the resort for the second time and sadly though the staff is very good and attentive the housekeeping side is pathetic staying here for a week and asked for the linen to be changed and got sheets that are torn albiet at the edges but not what one would expect from a hotel like this...sand on the floor even after housekeeping has just finished. ..had dinner at the restaurant on the beach starters were excellent but ordered the masaman beef and it wad just yellow curry and very sweet also the cut of beef was poor.. hope the management pulls up its sleeves would be sad to see this hotel become run down

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank evlyngilby
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Where do I start. We stayed here for 9 days and wished we could have stayed longer. Stunning doesn't say enough. The rooms were gorgeous. We upgraded to a premier room for just a few pounds extra and our room was enormous!. Gorgeous big balcony too, with two full sized day beds and a tablet and wooden clothes dryer! The pools were both lovely, very relaxing. Always plenty of beds, no need to towel them! Though some still did. The beach was the best beach I have ever visited. Quieter than the one in chaweng but that's what we wanted. The sea was beautiful and clear, no snorkelling necessary as you could see the fish in the shallows. Though we did snorkel - the best we've ever seen! Lovely staff at this hotel. Always a smile and a little bow with a friendly "sawadee ka". Fab breakfast too in the hotel restaurant, plenty of choice wen for the pickiest eater. Would recommend this hotel in a heartbeat. Will certainly be back.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank weelynn
Reviewed March 9, 2014

This year I took my son and daughter with me for my third visit to this lovely resort. The staff gave us a warm welcome and I felt at home immediately. The staff is very friendly and kind.The food is delicious and therefore I ate a lot of times in the resataurant,which is overlooking the sea. A visit to the spa is always a special treat. The manager Khun Oh made it a special place where you can relax and feel good. Special compliment to Khun Dao. After her massage my back- en kneepain were gone!!!. The GM Khun Doeke is very visible, kind and listens to the suggestions of the guests. It is obvious that he made a lot of improvements to make this resort again a wonderful place to stay. I am sure that I will come back again next year.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank WienV
Reviewed March 5, 2014

After stopping here for two weeks and arriving home yesterday all I can say is Brilliant and Very Friendly. From arriving to leaving we had an excellent stay. Breakfasts were plentiful and a varied choice(full english, continental and thai). Staff are all very helpful especially Baw (always smiling) who worked Breakfast then down at the pool bar.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2014

The reviews posted on here are all valid and provide great feedback. We really weren't sure if we would like the resort as we always eyed the more posh looking Sala Samui at the end of this beach, but I am very happy to say that I would now choose Imperial Boat House over Sala Samui and would happily stay here again. It's sort of no frills luxury what Imperial Boat house offers. It's excellent for families and if you travel with small kids this place is heaven.

We stayed at a premier room on 2/F which worked well for us. For a 20 month old toddler and for us lugging her pram the walk up is more than enough but ok. Wouldn't choose the top floor for this reason and although the ground level terraces look lovely and have an easy access to the pools, the mossies and the lack of privacy (and potentially the darkness of the rooms) would make me choose the same floor again.

We haven't seen the barges but people around speak very highly of them.

Breakfast is great.

Lunch time menus and the kitchen is a bit of a hit and miss, it's not the first restaurant around that tries to cut corners and thinks that every Caucasian person here has no idea what ingredients and flavours Thai food really has... I feel regularly made look stupid and people will even try to argue that red curry should indeed look yellow and have eggplant in it... or find excuses why their pad thai that has been obviously stored and rice noodles not soaked properly and then re-fried are impossible to chew... but maybe some people don't mind that. I am a foodie so I know what my Thai food should have in it.

The pools are excellent and so is the beach, no frills, no hotel bar staff offering drinks on the beach, towels are a bit worn, but there are definitely enough sun beds and umbrellas and the trees give it a lovely shade.

Massage near the beach was a bit of a miss but I think I was just unlucky with the lady giving me the massage, she was very rough, but the ambience was sensational.

The swings and the climbing equipment for kids next to the main pool was loved by my young children. The indoor playroom is totally un-interesting though and the kids club is non-existent.

Overall we had a fun few days and as we are tarvelling as a family with young children, then no-frills chilled vibe here suits us well,

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
#13 of 30 in Mae Nam
Peace Resort
Peace Resort
#34 of 185 in Bophut

Been to Imperial Boat House Beach Resort, Koh Samui? Share your experiences!