“Excellent - Location Location Location”

Imperial Boat House Beach Resort, Koh Samui
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Choeng Mon
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed here for 10 nights after 3 nights in Bangkok - Great location!
There's plenty to see & do in Koh Samui for a little Island, all within easy reach of The Imperial Boat House.
Hotel is lovely with great staff. The breakfast is excellent as there is something for everyone no matter what your taste
The beach is fantastic, lovely & clean. Fantastic swimming pools too.
We recomend the Jungle Jeep Safari where you get to see most of the Island & have lunch in the mountains.
As someone said before there are a few stray dogs around the hotel & surrounding areas (harmless) but as we had explained to us ' This is a Buddest Country, you come to our Country you play be our rules we respect the animals & their freedom'..........What can you say to that point taken.
We stay here again if in Koh Samui x

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MsPortland67
DoekeBonga_Boathouse, General Manager at Imperial Boat House Beach Resort, Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

Dear PortlandShah,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. It was a pleasure having you with us and I'm happy to see you spent your time exploring the island and getting to know the locals. The team & I look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Samui.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Hotel staff are friendly and helpful, but too bad they need to add more lighting at the lobby and replace all the bath towels that full of stain and look like yellow color which suppose white. Besides the restaurant by the beach is great, good food and live band.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less mosquito or pick the boat suite.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank samson w

Dear Samson,

Many thanks for your positive & constructive feedback. We'll take your comments on the lobby into consideration and are in discussion with our laundry supplier on the linen cleanliness. Happy to read that you liked the Captain's Choice restaurant and we hope to be able to welcome you back again one day.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for Eleven nights at the end of April 2013. The hotel is in a great location and the beach is very nice and in a lovely bay. The rooms are nice but I do think a little renovation will make them a lot nicer, as they are a little dated and the hotel public areas could do with a little TLC too. With a lot of other hotels on the Island I really believe this will benefit the hotel and make it a lot more appealing.
Choeng Mon Resort is very nice and plenty of restaurants to choose for a change if wanting to eat outside of the hotel.
There are a lot of Dogs on Samui but I must say the hotel dogs were no bother and kept away from guests unless they went to pat the dogs.
Staff are very friendly at the hotel and very accommodating, sometimes it was difficult to get them to understand our needs but we got their in the end.
We used the Spa at the hotel and I would highly recommend it, it is probably the best massage I have had anywhere in the world.

I would recommend the hotel and resort, as it is a good location on the Island to get around.

Room Tip: Premier Rooms are nice. Our rooms were on the third floor and we had no problems with hoise at all.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lesley01_13

Dear Lesley,

Many thanks for your lovely review. The team & I are very happy to read you enjoyed your 11-night stay with us in April. We're continuously working with our engineering teams on both the rooms and the public areas and are making progress, albeit gradual. Appreciate your comments on the dogs, staff and especially the spa. We are most grateful for your recommendation and hope to be able to welcome you back again one day soon.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

If you don't like smelly wild dogs do not stay at this hotel....................the dogs walk around the Hotel all day with the staff just turning a blind eye, infact one of the reps in the reception was even feeding them, I noticed he left a ashtray full of water for them at his desk everyday....lovely just what I don't want flee bitten dogs at my feet. I stayed at this Hotel as I had found it last year, its located on a fantastic beach with two lovely swimming pools, my room was really nice with everything you could ask for, and very clean. Breakfast was also really nice.
I did read that the manager knew every guest name...I don't think so I never seen him once..if I had I would have told him get the bloody dogs out the Hotel.
To sum this Hotel up I would say its really lovely on a fantastic beach but don't stay there unless the manager moves the dogs out. The best laugh is in my room the Hotel had put a book with info regarding Hotel.. one page said if you let the wild dogs in your room you will be charged a fee for us to clean and bleach the room........REALLY

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Susan C
DoekeBonga_Boathouse, General Manager at Imperial Boat House Beach Resort, Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear Susan,

Thank you for for returning to our hotel since your visit last year. While I happy to read you felt the hotel is located on a fantastic beach, with nice rooms and a nice breakfast, please rest assured I am eager to resolve the issues you raised and am taking appropriate action. I regret not meeting you during your stay and hope that we will be able to meet on a future occasion.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Not knowing if the regular guest rooms had king size beds, we booked the honeymoon suite. It cost a little more, but not overly expensive. When asked when booking the room if we were newlyweds, we told them we'll be married 30 years this year, so no, we are beyond honeymooning. Another review stated that you don't want to book the honeymoon suite if you are on your honeymoon. I can only presume them to mean that the walls are not sound-proof as at times we could hear a man's voice in the room adjoining ours. The hotel surprised us with a small cake, a bottle of champagne, and a fresh arrangement of flowers in our room. The tub was filled with water and rose petals which filled the room with fragrance. The room is large, has a separate tub and shower, a small fridge, hot water pot, umbrellas, bath robes, room slippers, and a safe. Near the tub is a lounging sofa (golden cushions) with blinds that can be drawn to hide you from anyone opening the door. The room was comfortable and clean. It is on a tropical island so there was normal (slight) degradation of grout in the bathrooms. There's nothing worse than a dirty room, but this is NOT at all unclean or unsanitary. We were given the opportunity to have dinner and a show on the property with 4 local girls doing traditional dances. The dancing could have been better; the girls seemed bored and did not keep up their stage presence but were jesting amongst themselves during the performance. The food on the property is good. The staff were polite but not as polite as the staff at the Imperial Queens Park Hotel in Bangkok (same chain). The breakfasts were good also but again, not as good as their counter property in Bangkok. There is a pharmacy, a small grocery store and a few other shops across the street from the hotel property. They have a air conditioned reading room with a pool table and two computers for guests. There is also a tailor shop on the property. The internet in the room was spotty and weak. We stayed here 3 nights. We did not use the spa so I cannot remark on it.
I would recommend this hotel and would love to return someday for another stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ceejay-4

Dear CJ,

Thank you for booking the Honeymoon Suite for your 30 year wedding anniversary and for you and your friends for choosing to stay with us on this special occasion. I'm glad you enjoyed the room and will take the performance of the Thai dancing band up with the food & beverage manager and our IT for the WiFi for improvement. Thank you for your recommendation and the team & I wish you many more happy years. Hopefully we'll be able to welcome you back again someday.

Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

This is a four star hotel in an amazing location with very friendly helpful staff.My wife and then 6 year old son stayed here approx 6 years ago and the baht was doing rather better at about 60 baht to the pound.We were paying around £70 in comparison to £130 in April 2013.
The rooms are spacious and spotlessly clean.The gardens are superb with every effort made for attention to detail.There are two pools with one pool 10 feet from the white sanded gently slopping beach.My only complaint is there are far to many sunbeds directly on the beach by the boathouse.
There are loads of places to eat great Thai food along the beach with low budget meals and also rather expensive overpriced food.We as a family of 2 adults and 12 year old son were spending approx £15 for4/5 main dishes and a couple of singha beers and soft drinks.As a family we love spicy Thai food which is great as we did notice European food was expensive,ie burgers pizza.
The breakfast in the boathouse is great,with an endless supply of fresh fruits,cereals,pastries,and delicious omelettes freshly cooked.
We did have a fab break but 16 nights at £130 a wee bit steep,and will take about another 6 years to save for our next holiday.

• Stayed: April 2013
DoekeBonga_Boathouse, General Manager at Imperial Boat House Beach Resort, Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Rhodri,

Thank you for your very nice review and for returning to the Boat House after 6 years with your family. The exchange rate of the Baht has indeed changed a bit and inflation has also effected pricing over the years. The team & I are very happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us this time around and the number of sunbeds is based on guest preferences and occupancy, so when occupancy goes down or less guests ask for beds on the beach, we tend to reduce the numbers of sunbeds & space them out a bit more. Thai food does indeed tend to be a bit cheaper than Western food as ingredients don't have to be imported and are therefore cheaper. Good to read you had a fab break and we hope to see you back in another 6 years.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights as I was traveling alone to attend a friend's wedding. The staff were very friendly. The room I stayed in was clean and fairly spacious. There are two pools - one that is close to the restaurant and the other, near the beach, very spacious. I had friends with kids who stayed in one of the boat accommodations and they were very happy with them (2 floor apartments. The rooms are cleaned every day. I didn't eat lunch or dinner here so cannot comment but the breakfast was OK. I had friends staying at Sala Samui, just up the beach, and so the breakfast there was much better but that hotel was more expensive.

The beaches here were nice, sea is perfect for families with small children (very calm). You are away from the craziness and seediness of Chaweng although if you want to experience that you can get a cab as it is about a 10-15 minute cab ride. I didn't experience the Spa so cannot comment on that.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Dear Paddy,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Boat House with your friends. I hope you had a great day at your friend's wedding and the team & I are happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for sharing your review and we hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Choeng Mon
#10 of 104 in Chaweng
Sea Dance Resort
Sea Dance Resort
#3 of 185 in Bophut

Been to Imperial Boat House Beach Resort, Koh Samui? Share your experiences!