I will start with saying that overall I would really recommend this hotel. We had a superior room which was a good size, it had a huge balcony and the room was kept very clean by our lovely maid. The provision of tea and coffee together with the small mini bar was good. We arrived on my husbands birthday and were celebrating our 7th Wedding anniversary. Having read about the experience of other travellers celebrating occasions I was disappointed there was no acknowledgment of either occasion.
The main pool area is quite unique and fantastic with the number of additional features it had that you could enjoy within the pool itself - reading area, sunbathing area, jacuzzi areas as well as swimming. The garden pool was lovely and so was the beach. Sunbeds were never a problem either by the pool or on the beach.
The hotel drinks were very expensive during the day, but happy hour was good value with 2 drinks for the price of one. The restaurant was expensive - at least twice the price of anywhere else. Would recommend Krua Thai and the 2 little restaurants to its left as the best eating places in the resort area. Wi Fi availability excellent all round, both in the hotel and in the resort.
Divers - try Searobin along the beach on the left. Would recommend them highly. Diving is expensive though as you have to travel to Ko Tao.
The reason our Hotel is rated as `nearly perfect` ? Our room 355 had a couple of technical problems which made us lower our rating. The bathroom shower was in need of updating. It was fixed in the bathub so you had to climb into the bath. You could not move the shower head and had to work out where to stand depending on how tall you were. It also had a habit of going cold after a short spurt of boiling hot water so we had no hot water on more occasions than not.
Our airconditioning was not very effective overnight. The first week was good but after that the control knob would not work and we could not get the temperature below 27 degrees which made for a sweaty nights and then the mosquitos began to bite. We took up both the shower and the air con issues with reception but they were not fixed. We therefore had to continue our holiday with chilly showers morning and evening, and mozzie spray every night before bed. I suppose other contributors would say the solution to the shower and air con problems would be to upgrade, but in a four star hotel you really, really should not have to.
Overall we loved the Imperial Boat House, shame about the technical problems.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Imperial Boat House Beach Resort on Choeng Mon beach is situated on a beautiful stretch of white, soft sand on the northeast coast of Koh Samui. With spacious rooms, lush landscaping and genuine staff, we look forward to an opportunity to welcome you. What could make for a better experience than a stay in an authentic teak rice barge? Our teakwood rice barges have been converted into international standard luxury suites. We also offer 8 low-rise accommodation wings with a total of 210 rooms. Our resort is just 5 kilometers from the island's international airport and 10 minutes from Chaweng Beach and has easy access to the entire island.Complimentary round-trip transfer to Chaweng is provided. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, HostelWorld, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Imperial Boat House Beach Resort, Koh Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Imperial Boat House Beach Hotel Choeng Mon
- Imperial Boat Hotel
- Imperial Boat House Koh Samui
- Hotel Imperial Boat
- Imperial Boat House Beach Resort, Koh Samui Ko Samui/Choeng Mon