4 people are viewing this hotel
$93
$133
Free cancellation until 10/06/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
$79
Hotels.com$133
Priceline$132
Travelocity$133
1,153 results
All reviews pool villa choengmon beach massage island thai minibar paradise
Selected filters
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We went to this hotel in Desember and it was fantastic. great big rooms, food was great! location was also very good. perfect for our honeymoon. prices are good compared to other 5 star hotels. Near fishermans village where there is lots of bars and restuarants and lots of shops. The breakfast is amazing, it is the one meal that reminds you back to home, after a couple of days the thai food can become too much. Overall we had an amazing stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room tip: choose the rooms nearest to the beach and park your scooter in front of your room as it is a far walk everytime to the street if you want to go somewere. ask the manager nicely and they will allow your scooter to be parked in front of your room.
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stayed in a pool suite in September for 11 nights and it was worth every cent of it.

Unlike some other reviewers, we found the staff to be welcoming, helpful and friendly. The majority of the house keeping staff did their job well. One lady was a little lax but that was made up for by the other staff with one lady in particular who obviously loved her job.

The room was truly beautiful and very spacious. Our bed had a duvet on it so I asked for it be replaced with just a top sheet. My request was met quickly and without any fuss. The bed was one of the most comfortable I've slept in in Thailand. Although firm, it still had a bit of give and wasn't like sleeping on a lump of timber like I've experienced elsewhere.

The bathroom was very big and had twin hand basins, a spa bath with multiple functions and a huge rain shower. Our pool was accessible from the verandah or the bathroom. The beach in front of the hotel was good and the main pool was never crowded and was a good temperature.

Breakfast was good with a large variety of foods. A lot of the hot dishes changed daily. We ate in the restaurant a few times and the food was fine.

For what we wanted and what we got Muang Samui met all our needs. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would happily stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2012
1  Thank Bossette
Reviewed December 29, 2012

This Hotel is great if you dont care about service standards. The beach restaurant and bar offer great food but the staff are completely disinterested and spend a lot of time chatting amongst themselves. We have eaten there twice and both times were left waiting for the bill, and when it did arrive we noticed we had been charged for items we never ordered. It was only on the fourth time that the correct bill arrived, of course including service charge.We loved the pool area and the beach, but the lack of sunbeds by the pool was confusing. The room was beautiful and although the decor is slightly strange was very comfortable. Very comfortable bed and great terrace with sofa to lounge on. The resort itself lacks any kind of charm. The staff are quite cold and I wouldnt remember one of them by name. They act as if they have to be there rather than want to. The river running through the resort is a breeding ground for mosquitos. It seems they built around it rather than take the trouble to make it into a feature. Not 5 star......4 at best.

1  Thank LaurenMarbella
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Beautiful arquitecture, fantastic garden, big and friendly room with its own pool.
Nice breakfast buffet and big choice of dinner possibilities.

Beautiful beach right in front of the hotel, sometimes you may even have dinner on the beach.
The SPA is a dream and the staff very professionell and extremely friendly.

Choeng Mon is a quiet aerea so the hotel is a perfect hide away. If you want to enjoy Samui's night life just take the hotel car o taxi to Chaweng.

We will be back!

Room tip: All room in the ground floor and third floor have a private pool.
2  Thank Juanmolinero
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I'm going to try to write a longer-than-average, helpful review, as I've read so many below that criticise without substantiating..... because they failed to research properly before they booked.

I think we really made a good choice with this hotel. It had everything we expected, from a lovely white beach that wasn’t at all crowded (in December at least) and a beautifully designed pool area (just as impressive as the photos), to a ridiculously large suite with a palatial bathroom and fabulous private balcony area overlooking stunning grounds. I doubt I’ll ever stay in a bigger hotel room; we felt quite spoilt. We had two additional sofas in the room and a wide stone basin each in the bathroom. The duvet was far too warm for Thailand (a lighter one would be a great improvement) but the bed linen was so velvety soft I wanted to take it home with me!

If you were to nitpick, there were a few unfinished surfaces around the walls on the outside of the shower, but what a shower! It was a real centrepiece, with the water flowing over pebbles around the edges. We did need to summon a bit of expert help to get our jacuzzi started- which was annoying- but it was great to have this facility available in the room- very luxurious!

The breakfast buffet was really good, with a wide variety of western and eastern choices, and was served until 10.30am. Wifi was excellent throughout the resort. The on-site cave spa certainly looked lovely but was so overpriced (1,800 baht per hour as opposed to 400 per hour outside the hotel) that we never used it. We ordered food a couple of times on the beach in the later afternoon and it was very tasty. Cloudy skies and the location meant we unfortunately never saw a sunset on Samui, but happy hour cocktails on the beach were a nice experience. I wish we’d done that more often.

We’re not sunbathing types and we don’t have children, so we didn’t take advantage of long days at the resort- we were out touring, partying, exploring almost all the time- but on the rare day we did relax there, we found the pool perfect for a circular swim, and the sea lovely and warm. The beach has plenty of local sellers- offering delicious looking sweetcorn, ice-creams and some quite random souvenirs- as well as a jolly pair of firm-handed ladies a short walk up the beach who offer a good Thai massage. You will be asked plenty of times to buy, but vendors have obviously been instructed not to pester as they step back quickly when given a firm ‘no’ or ‘maybe tomorrow’.

One of the biggest plus points for us was the location in Choeng Mon. For us this was the perfect compromise between being slap bang in the middle of loud, party-central Chaweng, and being somewhere too remote. Be aware though that on Samui the taxi drivers charge unreasonably huge fares (at least four times higher than in Bangkok for similar distances) so if you do intend to hit the town on a nightly basis, transports costs will really add up. Still worth it, in my opinion, as Chaweng is not a relaxing place to be based but an ideal place to drink, shop and party. There are free hotel buses that run between this and the sister resort- Muang Samui Spa in Chaweng- about 3 times a day, but the latest bus to Chaweng was 6.30pm, which was too early for us.

Contrary to a couple of reviews I read here (by people who should have chosen a Chaweng hotel instead), Choeng Mon is not an isolated spot without facilities. I wonder, do these people really splash out all this money without doing any basic research at all? No, it’s hardly in a nightclub zone, but outside the hotel complex within a few metres are two grocery shops, a couple of massage parlours (both opposite were inexpensive and very good), a tailor, a few beachwear/souvenir shops and at least three good restaurants. Our favourite was the one directly opposite, a really excellent local restaurant called Charlie Chaplin’s- never very busy but don’t let that put you off- do visit this small place, especially if you are a lover of real, authentic Thai food. The waitresses were absolutely the sweetest I met in Thailand and the chef will stir up something extra spicy, take requests and give recommendations- my sort of place!

The only negative- which is a very small thing- is that the hotel lacked a bit of atmosphere. It has a stunning foyer and at night looks wonderful from the roadside all lit up, but inside it doesn’t have a lot of character. This might be down to the sheer size of the hotel, or the time of year (which meant this large complex was underpopulated), or it may be down to the very low-key approach of the staff ( I can’t remember the face of anyone there). It’s this intangible factor which holds me back from awarding this hotel a 5 star rating, and I would probably try somewhere different if I were to return to Samui a second time. Overall, though, I can only say we both had an absolutely wonderful time on Samui and felt very pleased to have holidayed at Muang Samui Villas.

Room tip: We liked our upper floor room for the balcony views but you'd need to be on the ground floor for a private pool!
7  Thank Rubiachica