Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews grand pool villa pools balcony spa island beach baht
Selected filters
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed here on our honeymoon and just got back. Our room was set up just for us with “Happy Honeymoon” written in flowers on our bed and roses everywhere. The bathtub was even ready with rose petals. It was such a romantic start! I really loved all the sweet little touches. The Resort was very private and the staff always seemed so happy to help.There were three pools, but we spent the most time at the one closest to the beach. The restaurant also had a nice menu with both Thai and Western options. We enjoyed the food and ate there often. The resort also has a fitness center, which was an unexpected surprise. It had all the equipment needed which my husband really enjoyed. A place we will be returning to in the future for making out getaway so memorable.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Deva S, Manager at Deva Beach Resort Samui, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

We are very pleased to learn that you had such a lovely honeymoon with us. Thank you for your kind comments regarding Deva Samui Resort & Spa. We look forward to having you return to stay with us and relive your Honeymoon memories.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed there over winter down under, so summer for the rest of the world, and have to say I enjoyed every second I spent at the Resort. After a pretty shocking flight, I turned up and was immediately treated to 5 star service by the staff there, always greeting me with a smile and making sure I left with one on my face as well! The rooms offered great value and the resort are lucky to have such great staff!

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments about our Resort. We are glad to know you had a nice stay with us, and look forward to welcoming you back to Deva Samui Resort & Spa in the future!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

After staying a couple nights at the noisy Chaweng Beach area we decided to relocate to a more quite area of Koh Samui. Originally we booked one night at Deva Samui (formally known as the Outrigger Koh Samui) for the ‘Grand Deluxe Pool Access’ room and we found the room quite spacious, fantastically decorated with a fishing/beach/ocean theme full of sea shells and handy use of fishing rope around the furnishings of the room. The bathroom was also quite well presented with marble like tiles, a cobblestone shower floor and more loose cobblestones around the tiles giving it a Zen like feel. The buffet breakfast was also quite nice and fresh with ample selection. We were so impressed we decided to extend our visit for another night. During the day after the 1st night I realised the blinds in the bathroom actually didn’t quite fully cater for much privacy from neighbouring rooms with balconies. Luckily the resort was only running at 15% capacity at the time and I had previously checked those rooms that could look into the bathroom through the transparent blinds were thankfully vacant. The only risk was a pathway which generally staff used for grounds keeping and maintenance during the day but since it was night time we thought nothing of it. But we were wrong! In this case, the path and the wooden platform outside bathroom window was used by the prying eyes of the "Engineering" staff member who I caught red-handed standing in the dark without his flashlight turned on near the bathroom window as my partner was half naked in the bathroom! I caught him out because I heard noises outside the bathroom window and I quietly proceeded to sneak outside pool access sliding door and surely enough there he was… I asked him: “what are you doing there in the dark?” as I was walking around the perimeter of the pool to get closer to him, he responded: “turning the pool lights off” while walking away in the opposite direction of the perimeter of the pool (this was obviously b.s. because pool the lights have been off for over an hour and the switches were on the other side of the pool) I then asked him “what’s your name?” then he started walking faster as I was getting closer, then eventually he ran, I chased after him but unfortunately lost him during the pursuit. Both my partner and I were so furious we went to the reception and demanded to round up all the staff working on the ground on the night for a line up. All the room service staff, security, restaurant and bar staff congregated in the lobby and the last member to arrive was the so called onsite “engineer” limping to the lobby because he most likely hurt himself running away. Checking the CCTV with manager tomorrow, hope this guy gets the sack!

Room tip: Book a room NOT on the ground floor... WiFi in room is not reliable, this is most likely because the onsite "engineer" is too busy perving at other guests on the ground floor...
4  Thank mrmarcu5g
Deva S, Manager at Deva Beach Resort Samui, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Deva Samui Resort & Spa apologizes for the incident that occurred during your stay. The correct measures have been taken to handle this situation. Improvements are being implemented to secure guest privacy, and further prevent incidents reoccurring. The staff member has been investigated and handled according to hotel policy. We hope to have you return to our resort in the future with the implemented changes.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stayed at Deva for the past 4D3N in Samui, on the first day when we arrived, the staff from the airport pick-up till the reception, everyone was very friendly and helpful, we were overwhelmed by the greetings. The friendly staff 'O' and 'JU' were the ones that were most helpful. The staff brought us to our room, we booked a standard room but I thought it would have a bath tub in the shower or at least a shower screen but there's none, shower place is too narrow, as im small size so it didn't really matter but it was harder for my boyfriend, he had to suffer through the lack of space. We appreciate the robes and little decorations to make us feel more cozy.

We loved the breakfast buffet so much mainly because the food was yummy and there were bacon strips, pork sausages, pork patties, fried rice and alot more other choices and every morning we would wake up early just to enjoy a relaxing breakfast by the beach and enjoy the view, you can also see the Big Buddha statue from the hotel restaurant.

The pool looked so much smaller compared to the picture. Would love it if it was bigger and also the beach would be perfect if we could take a dip in the sea too rather than having to travel to other beaches nearby just to swim and tan.

Complimentary shuttle service was provided for certain time in a day everyday and fisherman village every wednesday night. Airport transfer cost us 400baht per way. We find it abit pricey as our resort was supposed to be quite near to the airport.

You have to try the Spa here, it was amazing! We tipped the messeurs because they were just so good at it! It was the highlight of our trip! Overall, the hotel's worth staying, I would say that I would gladly return to Deva Samui for a stay in the future but i'd wanna see more improvements on it as time goes by.

Room tip: Get a private pool villa, it looks amazing.
1  Thank adelyn305
Deva S, Manager at Deva Beach Resort Samui, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments about our resort. We are very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to Deva Samui Resort & Spa in the near future!

Deva Samui Resort & Spa's Management Team

Reviewed October 2, 2012

The one thing I enjoyed the most at this hotel was the Spa. Tang, my masseur for 2 sessions was the epitome of what service should be. She and her team at the Spa extended a level of hospitality that was not seen anywhere else in the hotel. How unusual.. Unless the Spa and hotel are owned by different entities.
Whilst the hotel offered me an upgrade due to inavailability of rooms, there isn't anything else memorable. Food at the restaurant was average, breakfast spread is nothing much to look forward to, service was dull, selective and unattentive.
The standard rooms are new at this point but personally not very appealing to me and to a point confusing because it looks like a hotel in Greece instead of Thailand. The deluxe rooms are better in terms of ID but both bathrooms (standard & deluxe) did not have shower screens so it is impossible to not wet the floor of the entire bathroom. Shower area is also very narrow.. Not the least bit luxurious.
I believe that all these would be less significant if service was at a better level but as often is the case, when service is not at par, even the slightest bit of inconvenience is amplified.

Date of stay: August 2012
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Deva S, Manager at Deva Beach Resort Samui, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for you comments about our resort. We will pass on your kind comments about the By the Tree Spa, and review your comments and implement changes where possible. We hope to have you visit us again.

Deva Samui Resort & Spa's Management Team