“Great food”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We had dinner at Melini's three or four times. You have to make reservations, this place is always full. The food is very good, indeed. I had the prawns on skewers two times, they're absolutely delicious. I also had the prawns Provencale style, they were delicious, too. The grilled Mahi Mahi was also very good. The deserts were very good ( I had cheesecake and creme brulee). Never tried the pizza, but it looked good. They have a good choice of wines. Service is a bit chaotic and not stupendous at all. The view over the harbour is beautiful. One of my favourite restaurants in Antigua.

Seaforth, Ontario
“A survivor!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The service is so so but the food is good. Fish tends to be over cooked but Italian dishes are good. Ask for spaghetti Carbonara, not on the menu but if not too busy they will oblige. Has stayed the course which is Jolly Harbour.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Joy W
Stowmarket, United Kingdom
“Great food, Great people”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

My wife and I stopped at Melinis for a quick snack and coffee while we were touring around Antigua by car. Both food and coffee were excellent as was the welcome. I managed to leave my camera behind, hanging off the back of my chair, but no worries - Mark, the owner, found it. He gave it to his partner Adrian who runs OPus, a restaurant in Dickenson Bay where we were staying, and the camera was back with me at the other end of the island a day later. Great food and six star service. Thanks Mark and Adrian, your kindness means a lot.

1 Thank Tim K
Esher, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Restaurant”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

My husband and I recently went to Antiga to stay with friends that have an villa there and they took us to several Restaurants throughout the two weeks but believe me, Melini's wins hand down. The place is quite charming and welcoming from the start with all its twinkling lights overlooking the harbour. The staff and owners (one of which seemed always to be on site, which is good) are very friendly and attentive. Their Kia Royale's are to die for! The food is always fresh and of the highest quality...we were really impressed and ate there on many occasions during our stay, as it quickly became our favorite eating place. The Ginger chicken is heavenly and so is their shrimp starter. My friend had a cheescake one evening to complete her meal and said it was delicious and decedant! I ended one meal with their crepes......oh boy....they were amazing!!! I can highly recommend eating there as the prices are reasonable too....all in all, a very good dining experience and I for one can't WAIT to get back there! Karen & David

bergen county ,new jersey
“Fresh and Tasty”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Just returned from Jolly Beach, Antigua. Had two very nice meals at Melini's in Jolly Harbour. Linguini with local manilla calms was a sepcial the first night and was perfect, excellent dish! My wife had the eggplant from the regular menu and was lovin it, locally grown and expertly prepared. Second visit was the Shrimp (their signature dish ) and a special Mahi Mahi. The Gambereti was decent, I've had better and the Mahi Mahi was average (overcooked). The owners are very friendly and very accommodating. The setting at the marina is lovely.
Service the first night was attentive and good. Second visit not as well.
Milini's is a decent italian restaurant and is better than any other in the Jolly Harbour/Beach area.
Would recommend a visit if one would like informal or family dining. Reasonably priced for a good value.

1 Thank cousinbrewski