“Still the best”

Cuisines: Italian, International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Been travelling to Antigua for years and came back this year to Jolly Harbour, where we were glad to see that this restaurant was still here after so many had closed or changed hands. Just as we remembered it. Great atmosphere, fabulous food, speedy and wonderful service. Romeo the barman (great name) has a hit drink called 'Romeo's fantasy' and their specials are well worth the extra few pennies. Your doing things right guys, keep up the great work!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Wasn't impressed with the food or service.
Started by asking about the specials on the board. Was recommended one of the seafood dishes which had Prawns, Scallops and fish.
We were sitting there for about 15mins before drinks order was taken. They took about another 15mins to arrive (there was only 2 other tables seated). Waitress finally took our food order, this seemed to take forever to appear. There was no appology at any point as to how long we had to wait. When I was halfway through my meal I realised that there wasn't actually any scallops in my meal. When I asked about it, the waitress went away to ask the chef, only to return to say that they didn't have any and the chef had given me 2 types of fish instead. Would have been nice to have known as I wouldn't have ordered that dish.
Food was pretty average and nothing to write home about.
To top it all they add their service charge onto the bill, which I didn't realise until after I'd paid!! Well after several glasses of wine it wasn't easy to work out or see..
Didn't and wouldn't return.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

There were four of us, and we were all enticed by Melini's sea-food platter ($88 EC per head). The food was good, but a total bill of more than $300 US was not merited.

You'll eat as well and much cheaper at the nearby alternatives - Peter's or the Crow's Nest.

Learn from my mistakes!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We went on holiday to Antigua for 2 weeks and found this restaurant and we have to admit it was our favourite and we kept going back. The food was excellent and fantastic value for money, it has such a varied menu that we tried different things every time we went and we were never disappointed :o)
The view of the harbour was lovely and relaxing and the staff and owners really do make you feel welcome.
When we go back to Antigua we will go back to Melini's.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

You can just stop by for a coffee, or a cold beer, enjoy lunch, stay for dinner or takeaway a pizza.
The service is always friendly, the atmosphere relaxing and whatever you choose always enjoyable. My favourite is Gamberi Shrimp ..... but then it does depend whats on the specials menu !