My husband and I recently visited Sugar Ridge in Antigua. The hotel is very nice and clean, and has a nice setup up in the hills. Unfortunately it is not on the beach, and is about a 10 minute walk from a not so nice public Jolly Beach. After many Caribbean vacations we definitely understand "island time" and "island attitude" but the service at Sugar Ridge was awful. No one was willing to help, and everything always seemed to be an issue for them. Asking for towels at the pool was an ordeal! They were not helpful or very willing to give recommendations for food or activities. The majority of the staff seemed to be annoyed that the guests were even there. We unfortunately were not left with a very good feel for Antigua, and will not be returning anytime soon. That said, Carmichael's restaurant was great and there service was wonderful, and several of the waiters/waitresses at Sugar Club Restaurant were very kind and accommodating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Antigua’s newest boutique hotel nestles in a sugar cane-bordered natural hillside with stunning views of the surrounding landscape and the turquoise Caribbean Sea. Designed in contemporary colonial style, rooms have private large verandas, plunge pool and full amenities. An Aveda™ spa provides the latest in holistic therapies; a gym, 3 swimming pools, trendy Sugar Club bar/restaurant and the more formal Carmichael’s, make Sugar Ridge the place to be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Sugar Ridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Ridge Hotel Jolly Harbour
- Sugar Ridge Antigua/Jolly Harbour