My husband and I spent a full week at Sugar Ridge for our honeymoon and it could not have been more perfect! We went from 19-27 May and in my opinion it was the best time to travel since it was the beginning of low season. It was wonderful being able to relax and not have to worry about crowds either at the resort or any of the beaches. The staff at Sugar Ridge is unmatched...they are super friendly, always willing to answer questions or give rides in the golf cart or in the shuttle to the beach. The accommodations are the best I've experienced anywhere in the Caribbean! The villas are beautifully appointed with high ceilings and gorgeous furniture and the bathrooms are very well done. I couldn't believe how spacious it was and the patio area was a lot bigger than I expected! Being at the top of the hill in the best villa at the resort the views from our patio were stunning!! The infinity pool at Carmichael's is both beautiful and affords the same stunning view. The day we arrived we were greeted warmly at the front desk, offered a refreshing drink, and taken up to our room where we found a complimentary bottle of champagne and a coupon for a free couple's massage (spa was WONDERFUL!!). We opted to forgo the all inclusive and just got the breakfast only plan. It was perfect! Breakfasts at the Sugar Club are delicious and there are so many options to choose from. We ate at the Sugar Club for dinner once and Carmichael's twice and thought the food was very good...other than that we found places off the resort. Sheer Rock is nearby and while expensive is a truely unique dining experience...you're literally sitting on the edge of a cliff overlooking the water! There is an Italian place in Jolly Harbor whose name escapes me now but they make the BEST wood fired pizzas! The fish and chips bus across from the resort is not to be missed either...truly a unique dining experience! And of course Shirley Heights on Sunday night. Best jerk chicken I've had! We really liked the Nest beach and got some tasty beer battered coconut shrimp and jerk chicken for lunch at the Nest beach bar. Took a tour around the island on the Treasure Island catamaran...would definitely recommend this but just be aware you go out into the ocean on the north side of the island and the waves get a bit choppy. All in all it was a perfect trip :) Out of all the islands we've been to Antigua is our favorite and we would love to go back and stay at Sugar Ridge :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Antigua’s newest boutique hotel nestles in a sugar cane-bordered natural hillside with stunning views of the surrounding landscape and the turquoise Caribbean Sea. Designed in contemporary colonial style, rooms have private large verandas, plunge pool and full amenities. An Aveda™ spa provides the latest in holistic therapies; a gym, 3 swimming pools, trendy Sugar Club bar/restaurant and the more formal Carmichael’s, make Sugar Ridge the place to be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Sugar Ridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Ridge Hotel Jolly Harbour
- Sugar Ridge Antigua/Jolly Harbour