This hotel exceeded my expectations for two main reasons...the friendly and accommodating staff and the ambience of the hotel...it has a very classy, exclusive feel to it which made my stay very special. Although it is not located directly on the beach, it has an ocean view at a bit of a distance and to the south a very pretty view of Jolly Harbour. It is surrounded by lush hills which made for some great photos. Getting to the local beaches was easy, they provide jeep shuttles at regular, convenient, times, just a short ride away; the Nest which is a stunning beach with milky blue water is within walking distance. Also a short walk away is the Jolly Harbour grocery store with a bank machine which was very handy.
I was given an ocean view room as requested, but I wasn't aware that the hotel is located along on a main road so you can see and hear traffic at times. I requested another room higher up the ridge that was more quiet and facing Jolly Harbour and the staff were very courteous and accommodating in moving me, and went out of their way to ensure I was satisfied with the new room. The rooms are as shown on the website, clean, stylish, modern, and they have a beautiful large balcony. Bed was very comfy and AC worked great. As others have pointed out, there are golf carts to take you to/from your rooms but I preferred to walk; it is a steep walk but many guests choose to walk.
Other points of interest, the food was very good at the Sugar Club restaurant, breakfast is either a buffet or off the menu and service was always friendly and reliable. Carmichael's was a definite treat for the food and view, and also had friendly and attentive service. The pools were well maintained but on the smaller side, but the deck areas were beautiful and spacious. Definitely make your way up to the infinity pool as the view is stunning and there are several relaxing spots to enjoy there.
Overall I had a great stay and would definitely recommend this hotel... :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Antigua’s newest boutique hotel nestles in a sugar cane-bordered natural hillside with stunning views of the surrounding landscape and the turquoise Caribbean Sea. Designed in contemporary colonial style, rooms have private large verandas, plunge pool and full amenities. An Aveda™ spa provides the latest in holistic therapies; a gym, 3 swimming pools, trendy Sugar Club bar/restaurant and the more formal Carmichael’s, make Sugar Ridge the place to be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sugar Ridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Ridge Hotel Jolly Harbour
- Sugar Ridge Antigua/Jolly Harbour