I just stayed at this property (June 2013) during my first trip to Antigua, and I loved it! I had a one king bedroom (no pool) and I purchased the package that included breakfast. Room #11.
Beautiful modern, decor
Clean and pest free
Air-conditioned and ceiling fan
2 Free bottles of water
Aveda hair & skin care products in room
Huge workout room (with water cooler, so you're able to refill your own container for free!)
Mini-bar can serve as refrigerator
Large deck with lovely view
2 Restaurants onsite (although I only visited the Sugar Ridge Club & it was sufficient)
Free shuttle to nearby beaches daily (I even walked some days - not far, but hot)
Not on beach (but very closeby)
Stairs - the rooms are hillside and have to climb sets of stairs to reach them (not really a bother but could be negative for some)
That's about all I can think of for cons. It is a lovely property. While many oceanfront properties have a rustic, open feel (with sand everywhere), this property was very modern, clean, and sleek. The staff was friendly and seemed helpful (I am a very low-maintenance guest so I didn't require much). In addition to the large gym, there is room for group classes and there appeared to be one class of yoga or pilates everyday. I visited the Aveda salon/spa for a pedicure and facial treatment, and it was nice. Some of the salon services were pricey, but I think the average traveler could afford at least one or two of the services.
A taxi from the airport was $24 US and takes about 30 minutes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Antigua’s newest boutique hotel nestles in a sugar cane-bordered natural hillside with stunning views of the surrounding landscape and the turquoise Caribbean Sea. Designed in contemporary colonial style, rooms have private large verandas, plunge pool and full amenities. An Aveda™ spa provides the latest in holistic therapies; a gym, 3 swimming pools, trendy Sugar Club bar/restaurant and the more formal Carmichael’s, make Sugar Ridge the place to be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sugar Ridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Ridge Hotel Jolly Harbour
- Sugar Ridge Antigua/Jolly Harbour