We have been travelling together to the Caribbean for 8-10 yrs as a family (2 sons) and more recently just as a couple and have bounced back & forth between holidaying in Barbados & Antigua, with Barbados balancing 2:1.
We really liked the look of Sugar Ridge and the Tripadvisor reviews where very helpful & swayed us towards giving it a try 11-18/May. We weren't disappointed, in every respect a very good establishment - staff - great, food - fantastic, particularly Carmichaels, were I counted only 3-4 dishes with supplements for AI guests (lobster, lamb rack & signature steak dishes), then very reasonable indeed. The design & layouit is really nice, yes, a little bit of walking, stairs, etc but nothing too challenging. We had a room with a plunge pool which on a sun-trap verandah in the afternoon was very welcoming. The infinity pool up the hill @ Carmichaels is a great design and we spent a lot of time up there. In fact, for the whole week we never went out of the hotel gate! Some may say this is a bit of a waste, but we're not beach people now the boys have flown the nest and we'd done the sights on the island on previous ocassions.
Didn't use the gym, but it looked fantastically well equiped. My wife used the AVEDA spa and sais she'd had the best facial ever. The AVEDA products in the bathrooms were good and we ended up purchasing some to take home. Can thoroughly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Antigua’s newest boutique hotel nestles in a sugar cane-bordered natural hillside with stunning views of the surrounding landscape and the turquoise Caribbean Sea. Designed in contemporary colonial style, rooms have private large verandas, plunge pool and full amenities. An Aveda™ spa provides the latest in holistic therapies; a gym, 3 swimming pools, trendy Sugar Club bar/restaurant and the more formal Carmichael’s, make Sugar Ridge the place to be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sugar Ridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Ridge Hotel Jolly Harbour
- Sugar Ridge Antigua/Jolly Harbour