My wife and I recently returned from our honeymoon where we stayed at Sugar Ridge in Antigua for ten nights before going on to the US. I am personally not really into Trip Advisor but I am compelled to write something after reading some of the reviews where clearly people were staying at a different hotel to us! My wife and I have stayed at many different hotels in the world, some luxury and others in hostels so think we have a broad experience. I note that most of the bad reviews have come recently over the Christmas period. We stayed from the 12th January and certainly cannot agree with a lot of the bad comments. The staff were very friendly and were always happy to help. We were very impressed with the food, breakfast, lunch and dinner at the Sugar Club. We stayed all inclusive and had our first meal in Carmichaels a couple of days into our holiday. The food was very good quality and in fact we had dinner there every night from then on. There were supplements on a couple of the dishes however there were plenty of dishes on the Carmichaels menu where you could eat different meals every night and not have to pay a supplement. The gym is very well equipped and I used it a few times. My wife used the spa and thought this was very good also. We didn’t use the buggies to get up to our room and only used them a couple of times to go to Carmichaels as we walked up the stairs so can’t really comment on people having to wait. Getting a buggy back from Carmichaels at night is a must though. My only criticism was that on a couple of occasions my wife and I would go to Sugar Club for a drink before going to Carmichaels and because we were at the bottom of the hill we would go to reception to get a buggy up to the restaurant. On more than one occasion the buggy was charging and we were taken up in the jeep however wasn’t entirely appropriate given we were dressed up for dinner and then had to climb in the back of a jeep. The trips that we arranged were booked efficiently and were very good, would definitely recommend the jeep safari and going to Shirley Heights on a Sunday evening. The general manager, Keith, introduced himself to us and we spoke on a few occasions. He seemed really eager to make sure we had a great holiday and we would just like to thank Keith and his team for making our honeymoon fantastic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Antigua’s newest boutique hotel nestles in a sugar cane-bordered natural hillside with stunning views of the surrounding landscape and the turquoise Caribbean Sea. Designed in contemporary colonial style, rooms have private large verandas, plunge pool and full amenities. An Aveda™ spa provides the latest in holistic therapies; a gym, 3 swimming pools, trendy Sugar Club bar/restaurant and the more formal Carmichael’s, make Sugar Ridge the place to be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Sugar Ridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Ridge Hotel Jolly Harbour
- Sugar Ridge Antigua/Jolly Harbour