In essence this hotel seems like a work in progress as aspects are really good and some others not - it seems a little undecided as to what market it wants to be pitched at. A decent room. some lovely food in both restaurrants and some really good individual staff - however not all of the staff were all that efficient or friendly (e.g there was no urgency when the taxi booked by the hotel didnt arrive and we were left to sort it out ourselves nearly missing our flights). The island also seems really nice although I have to confess we didnt stray too far. My main gripe was the fact that, having checked in the preceding Saturday, on the Thursday night a note was slipped under the door saying that the pool would be closed all day Friday to prepare for a party on the Friday night. It does not seem consistent with the "luxury boutique hotel" marketing to deny your guests the main pool facilities to prepare for a party which was essentially aimed at external guests. Certainly to communicate this via a note under the door the night before, having been in resort for 5 days, was unacceptable - something management admitted when I complained. in the event the party was very very loud and the pool was still out of commission when we left on Saturday afternoon as well as a pile of vomit outside the main building, albeit not on a thoroughfare but clearly within view. I understand that these parties must be a useful additional income stream, particularly at non-peak season, however, the management need to decide if they truly are a luxury boutique hotel, where the needs of the guests are paramount or not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Antigua’s newest boutique hotel nestles in a sugar cane-bordered natural hillside with stunning views of the surrounding landscape and the turquoise Caribbean Sea. Designed in contemporary colonial style, rooms have private large verandas, plunge pool and full amenities. An Aveda™ spa provides the latest in holistic therapies; a gym, 3 swimming pools, trendy Sugar Club bar/restaurant and the more formal Carmichael’s, make Sugar Ridge the place to be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Sugar Ridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Ridge Hotel Jolly Harbour
- Sugar Ridge Antigua/Jolly Harbour