CalaMijas Hotel
La Cala Resort(La Cala de Mijas)
$205
Travelocity
$63
$48
  • Pool
Los Amigos Beach Club by Diamond Resorts(Mijas)(Great Value!)
$67
  • Pool
Hotel Carmen(La Cala de Mijas)
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
HotelQuickly
  • Pool
Club Delta Mar Crown Resort(Sitio de Calahonda)
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 25, 2011

We had arrived (intentially) a day early for the apartment we normally stay in and needed somewhere for a stopover. This fitted the bill. Friendly staff, good service and adequate rooms. A longer stay...maybe not.

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank Davy-Nikki
Reviewed October 15, 2011

I booked this hotel without taking any notice of the address. When I realised (on the way there) that it was located on the motorway (A-7) that runs along the coast of southern Spain, I was afraid I might have made a big mistake! But it was only for one night, so what the heck. Looking at the place from the outside, my worst fears seemed to be confirmed. But once inside, things looked very different: with its large pool area and gardens, this hotel is a secluded little oasis. The rooms are large, very clean and comfortable. There's no noise from the traffic on the nearby motorway. In fact, the motorway seems to disappear when you step inside the hotel. The restaurant has a small but adventurous menu and the staff are very friendly. I would certainly recommend the hotel to business or leisure travellers alike.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms have no balconies.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank LizVos
Reviewed October 4, 2011

My wife and I are just back from a 10 night stay at the Calamijas Hotel. Booked this hotel last minute after reading very positive reviews on Trip Advisor. Have to say we were not disappointed. The hotel is very modern with a very relaxed feel. If you want to avoid the typical tourist style hotel then this is for you. The staff were friendly and helpful, particularly in the restaurant. The room was large and spotlessly clean with housekeeping every day. Nice pool, surprisingly warm for late September, set in lovely garden setting. Food was excellent quality and although not as much choice as the bigger type hotels, more than enough for us. Breakfast out on the terrace each morning was so relaxing and unhurried.
La Cala is a great area if you are looking for something a bit more Spanish, with no highrise hotels, lots of nice bars and restaurants, and a very good Blue flag beach.
You can take the very good M220 bus from town to either Fuengirola or Marbella for a couple of Euros per person.
From Malaga airport it is easy to take the train to Fuengirola then the M220 bus to La Cala.

Room Tip: Rooms are in small blocks situated around garden and pool area. Some ground floor rooms open right onto pool area.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank DaveandLyn7779
Reviewed October 2, 2011

As we (financial services company) travel around Spain a lot we decided to book the hotel via laterooms.com after spending a few days in Alcala la real and Mollina (inland.)

What can I say ... apart from simply superb.
I / We do travel a lot and have been to many hotels.
From the moment I walked in I was looked after [almost] like royalty.

About 300 metres from motorway (but no noise) and about 5 mins walk (max) to the beach. Either over the road bridge or a walk down the road and under the A-7.

Facilities (to include Spa, Gym, Sauna, Jacuzzi, Turkish steam room), restaurant, staff and pool area exceedingly good.

Very very clean. Rooms excellent and nice sizes. Reception and lounge areas are absolutely faultless.

I (and we, the company - IFA International) thoroughly recommend this hotel.
Really do. The place and staff are simply superb. Believe me, it takes a lot to impress me enough to make a comment/review and this place just ticks all the boxes.

Cannot fault it at all.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. If you want a suite then it's bigger (but rooms are great sizes anyway) has a couch and a balcony.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Stephen D
Reviewed September 26, 2011

The CalaMijas hotel was situated near the busy dual carriageway (couldn't hear traffic in hotel) and about 500m away from the nearest beach. To access the beach you could either use the 'walk bridge' that spanned the carriageway or turn left out of the hotel and walk a few 100m and then take the road that went under the carriageway. Hotel staff were mainly friendly especially Sabrina on reception. Rooms were clean and not too small. There was daily maid service with 2 x small bottles of water, a can of diet coke and a can of ordinary coke free every day. Stayed for 1 wk (17th/24th Sept) but the pool bar was only open for 2 days. Breakfast was between 8am -11am. There was a good variety but we found that the bacon and scrambled eggs weren't replenished very often. Hotel had no entertainment. Hotel was probably 60% full and there were enough sun loungers for all. Might be a bit tight if 100% full. Swimming pools didn't appear to be cleaned regulary as we noticed 1 large leaf in the same place in the children's pool for 4/5 consectative days and noticed some frogs in the main pool (early hours of the morning) but they were gone by the morning. Lucky things as they had their own Olympic sized swimming pool all to themselves. We asked at reception and even showed them a pic of one of the frogs but they assured us that the pools were cleaned ... I wasn't convinced as we didn't see 1 pool cleaner in our 7 days there.
If you are a person that likes to stay in the hotel area whilst on holiday I would give this hotel a miss. If on the other hand you prefer to use an hotel as just a base then this would probably suit you
The million dollar question ... would we stay there again ?
Yes ... but only if the price was right
PS ... there was a PC at reception which was free to hotel guests

Hope I have been of some help
If you require more information you can contact me at allanbrass@aol.com

Room Tip: Pick a room on the ground floor as most of the rooms on the 1st floor have no balconies
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple