“Sublime gambas pil pil”

Exquisit Restaurant
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Exquisit Restaurant is a Steakhouse & Italian Restaurant in La Cala de Mijas, Mijas Costa, in the Costa del Sol in Spain.
Reviewed August 5, 2017

My friend and I love Gambas Pil Pil, up untIl we visited Exquisite the Gambas the held the top spot was a beach restaurant in Fuengirola. It has lost its top spot. We called in early one evening in our first week scruffy from our long walk to Cala Honda and got a table, we just thought it was going to be basic pizza pasta place. Exquisite is an apt name.
My husband and son had Calzone for main course - cleared their plates. I had a seafood and mushroom pasta it had clams, prawns, muscles, squid and had a similar tomato base as the Gambas Pil Pil.
We went back the following week for my sons birthday another gastronomic delight.
Excellent service and did not break the bank.

1  Thank DEB0309

Reviewed August 3, 2017 via mobile

Came here three times in a week the food is that good. Great pink gin with strawberries. Beef carpaccio amazing and the salmon and asparagus fresh pasta is well recommended.
Beware tho, booking is essential as this place is BUSY! We also had some issues with waiting for starters and one time a starter forgotten about but this was removed from the bill and the staff were very apologetic- they are just extremely busy which isn't a bad thing!
Can't wait to return!

Reviewed July 29, 2017 via mobile

This is what I consider to be our local restaurant. The food is always on point and the staff very helpful, always willing to explain the menu. The bonus is that parts of the menu is halal. We come here most nights when we are in Spain and would highly recommend this restaurant

Reviewed July 27, 2017 via mobile

Ok I only had Spaghetti Seafood but the dish of food was lovely. No scrimping on the seafood and very fresh.
Meal for 3 less than €50 with drinks.
A great find. With recommend to others. Definitely worth a try.

Reviewed July 26, 2017 via mobile

First meal myself, my girlfriend, her mother & auntie visited for an evening meal. We were sat down and drinks order taken by a pleasant waiter. We ordered our food and when it came out it was well presented and more importantly it was delicious. I had the honey & soy sauce glazed chicken breast served with potatoes and veg. Cannot complain at all - my meal was very tasty. Everone else in the group enjoyed their meals too. Menu has a big range of food to everyone's tastes.

Myself and my girlfriend visited for the second time later in the week as we enjoyed the meal so much. The restaurant was very very busy this night. I ordered the same meal. We were served by the same waiter and he remembered our drink choices and that we wanted a glass of just ice which we thought was a nice touch even as he serves hundreds of faces week in week out. Food was exactly the same quality when really busy compared to the first meal when they were quiet. Hightky recommend eating here - booking a table in advance wouldnt be a bad idea if you dont want to wait to be seated - can be 10 minute + wait as they are very popular.