“Excellent hosting during my stay for European conference”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
70 Traversiere Bed & Breakfast
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was last minute in search of a place to stay in Brussels, near the European institutions, as I had to be present at a European conference for work. I found a very charming spot, in a very lively area, with the Botanical garden at 5 minutes walking distance. The keeping lady was very helpful to answer all my questions. The room was very spacious, had a very clean bathroom and a comfortabel bed. Breakfast was simple but very much worth its price (only 5 EUR!).
This place is a very good quality/price offer; even at very busy moments of business in Brussels, pirces stay very affordable at 70 traversiere.
Higly reccomended for short business trips!

Room Tip: Baldaquin room is very spaciuos, can be a family room. Balcon room is functional and spacious, perf...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I was on business in Brussels for three weeks end of July. I got this room in the basement and it supposed to have "some" light, but there was hardly light. It was very dark, very noise, even at night, so that I could hardly sleep and on top it was very smelly. I felt like sleeping in a loo. it was disgusting, that stench!!!!!!! I had to stay in this room for three nights and I was sick after. I just couldn't get the stench out of my nose. Then I was moved to another room and that one even had a terrace and it had at least enough daylight. However, one morning I woke up and opened the curtains to see a person looking down from a terrace straight into my bed. No thank you! Everywhere was rubbish and it was very filthy. I booked for three weeks but I left after one week. I just couldn't stand it any longer. And on top I had to pay a higher price than agreed as I moved out earlier. The landlady was very agressive and rude when it tried to explain her why I needed to leave the place. this was my worst experience I ever had with a B&B!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Carmen P
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Terrible, dirty, smelly place - I had a room in the celler and there were rats!!!!!!!

Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Ula P
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I stayed in the attic room at the top floor - about 5 flights of stairs up!- in March 2012. Really cute room and bathroom. The internet connection was on and off again, but it was manageable. Breakfast was simple, but nice - croissant and baguette with jam, coffee/tea and fresh orange juice. The owner was nice, but on the phone all the time - this was just an observation. The location was ok - a bit far from the historic center, but I could walk there in about 15 min. The only real drawback was the noise from the street. I heard every car and motorbike that drove by and was woken up several times by the noise. If you are a light sleeper, it won't suit you. On the whole, I enjoyed staying here and would recommend to others.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Khochi
Reviewed September 25, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed here in September '08 for 2 nights. As our stay was some time ago now I can't remember the name of our room or other small details. It was quite large room though, with a four poster bed and on first glance looked good. The only way I can describe this place though is that it's like staying round your Nan's. The quirky furniture in the room all had someone's things in it. I remember video and just other bits and pieces that you dont expect to find when staying in a B&B. It was like we were staying in someone's room whilst they were away for the night. Weird! There was also an interconnecting room that wasn't properly locked. Instead the doors were pulled as far close as possible and had been tied "locked" with a piece of rope. You could hear every word spoken by the noisy couple in the next room as the door was still open a tiny bit. This didn't make my girlfriend very comfortable and killed my hopes of some ooh la la! "if we can hear them, they can hear us", she said :o) The place does have some character but is very creepy.

The location was pretty rubbish but I can't complain about that as I knew it wasn't dead central when we booked.

Breakfast was very, very disappointing. A croissant and a small selection of jam and marmalades. Not a sausage or egg in sight.

I wouldnt stay here again. But then I wouldn't visit Brussels again. I found the city quite boring and a bit filthy.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Lmatthews01
Reviewed February 18, 2011

Dirty and Unsafe ! We went there on on our European tour and it reminded us of the Bates Hotel in the movie "Psycho". Very unhygienic place at all levels (bedsheets had not been changed). Hubby got sick with breakfast.Stay away !!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2010

While my husband and I agree with many of the positive comments that have been made about 70 Traversiere B&B, we had a negative experience which negated anything positive that we could have possibly added. We were traveling with our 10-year-old granddaughter and had made detailed and specific arrangements with the innkeeper, Jeanine, via email, for a particular room which would accommodate the 3 of us with 2 separate full beds in 2 adjoining parlors: the Baldaquin Room on the 2nd level. When we arrived we paid cash in advance for a "split booking" where we would stay a number of days, depart to do a week of travel in France & Italy, and return to Brussels for one night before our early-morning flight back to the States. When the first part of our stay was complete, we removed all of our belongings from the room, were assured that our room would be awaiting us upon our return, said our goodbyes, and left for the airport. A week later, the afternoon before our return to Brussels I, by chance, happened to check my email and discovered a message from Jeanine stating that the Baldaquin room, which we had prepaid for, had been booked to another party for 4 nights! She went on to say that the only room that was available that would have an extra bed for our granddaughter was the "Attique" Room. My husband and I are both seniors and I have a heart condition. The Baldaquin Room was on the 2nd level, but the Attique was at the top of the house on the 5th level and up 7 flights of stairs. Our granddaughter's "bed" was a cot. Since we had returned late at night there was no time to find other accommodations, so we were stuck. Jeanine never offered us a refund, a discount, an explanation or an apology. We will never again stay at 70 Traversiere, nor can we ever recommend that anyone else stay there. It was a terrible way to end what would have been a perfectly lovely trip.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family