“Perfect stay for lone business travellers” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Progress Hotel

Progress Hotel
Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina
“Perfect stay for lone business travellers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

This hotel is really amazing - very comfortable, nicely refurbished, offers range of additional services and gives an opportunity to be on your own as much you desire it.
During my 4 days stay, I had contact with staff only 3 times. 2 were good, one - not. But in any case, you can use entrance to the hotel and reach your room independently (using key card), and service staff will be there if needed. If it is your desire, you may not interact with anyone there, and keep your peace.
The one time when I had bad experience was related to housekeeping. The checkout time is at noon, but housekeeping staff was intruding since 10h, finally entering the room at 11:30 - and I was half dressed! That fact actually did not stop the housekeeper to discuss at open door that I have to move from the room right now. Like right now - without pants on and not packed. Half an hour before official checkout time. To be honest, the receptionist sincerely apologized for that. But the morning after harsh working week in Brussels was really stressful.
However, the hotel itself is very comfortable, nicely refurbished (very nice bed and bathroom), is clean and has good wireless internet (which gets quite slow in the evenings). It offers free nescaffee in the room (but no options for tea drinkers).
I did not use the breakfast service. But just nearby is huge shopping mall where you can buy anything and use numerous restaurants nearby.
Overall, I would give it a try again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank icetealemon
Victor C, Directeur général at Progress Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear Icetealemon,

We would like to thank you for your nice and detailed comments that you shared on TripAdvisor.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed both the room and the bathroom.
Be sure that I have shared your feedback with all the concerned staff.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused by the Housekeeping. I will deal personally with this issue and talk to the housekeeper to make sure that it will never happen again.

I can promise you that we will do our best in order to always improve the service that we offer and the satisfaction of our guest.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you soon at Progress Hotel.

Victor Camhis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Greek first
Hopkinton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

I was in Brussels for a conference in the Sheraton which is about 5 doors down the road from the Progress Hotel. The Sheraton wanted 270 euros a night and the Progress was a much lower 150 so having looked a the reviews here i took a chance. It's a little bit tucked away as the entrance is small but once inside it's a perfectly good hotel. The room wasn't the biggest in the world but it was clean, well equipped and modern in decor. The bed was comfortable and the space itself felt very good the only downside was a lack of plug sockets and reliable WiFi/Internet cable (I didn't look that hard though). The staff were friendly and always on hand so i had no complaints there.

I didn't eat breakfast so can't comment on that.

All in all it's a good location right next to Sheraton/Hilton etc and is probably a bit cheaper. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ChapmanDan
, Directeur général at Progress Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for your detailed and positive feedback. Be assured that your comments have been shared with all the concerned employees and departments. We are very pleased to hear that this hotel has a good value for money.

Regarding the plug sockets, we are dealing with this issue and action is about to be taken to implement more plug sockets in all the rooms. The wireless connection is also going to be improved.

We really hope that we will be able to welcome you again at Progress Hotel.

Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

I stayed one night in May and I must say that the Progress Hotel was really fantastic.

The room had one of the best beds I have ever seen and it was also very big an spacious.

I must also say that the breakfast was really good and the reception staff very friendly.

I would really go again to this hotel!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
, Directeur général at Progress Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for having shared your experience with us. The satisfaction of our guests is a daily work and be sure that such comments are very appreciated by all the employees who do their best to make you feel comfortable and happy.
Regarding the breakfast, we are pleased to hear that the changes we made begin to generate guests’ satisfaction and enthusiasm.

We really hope to welcome you soon at Progress Hotel.

Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012 via mobile

I really liked this place, the room I had was lovely, spacious, comfartable. The only downside to this hotel was they're little greedy, while I was there there was a conference on to which they inflated the price 300% which I find a little excessive..

I had to leave the 2nd night as they were full...

Breakfast was nice, not worth the €10 I paid, more like €5 as choices were very limited. But ample enough and quality was good.

Taxis were plentiful but had to get from outside the front of the Sheraton, just 100m down the road, our can walk to Gare du Nord, 10 minutes with baggage dragging behind.....

Restaurant around the corner was nice and affordable.

Would give this hotel 6.5/10

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank sawadee_1
Victor C, Directeur général at Progress Hotel, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor, we really appreciate the effort.

We are very pleased to hear that, in general, you enjoyed staying in Progress Hotel.

As of the increased price and the breakfast price, please be assured that I’ve taken carefully note of these remarks and I’ve forwarded them to the concerning head of department.

Despite some of your disappointments, I hope you will give us the chance to prove that comments like yours are taken seriously, and we hope to welcome you back at Progress Hotel.

Lazio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

The room was nice and the bed comfortable. The location was convenient. The breakfast was just decent, bad coffee. The heating system, although very noisy, did not work at all and only cold air came out. The staff was rather indifferent, they said they could not do anything about. Overall, the hotel is not up to the price.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Victor C, Directeur général at Progress Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Dear guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I’ve taken carefully note of your comments concerning the heating system and I have forwarded the message to the manager of the concerning department.

Despite your disappointment, I hope you will give us the chance to prove you that comments like yours are taken seriously and we’re looking forward welcoming you back at Hotel Progress.

Victor Camhis

Travelers are raving about these Saint-Josse-ten-Noode hotels

David Cizek
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2011

Very good location. Staff was nice. Room small but clean and in good shape. Internet in a lobby was fast. On the other hand - price was really high. For nearly 200EUR you get very good but standard accomodation wirh reasonable price at least 40% lower. Very expensive minibar items and no breakfast in the price.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Queretaro City, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2011

Such a great hotel...the hotel is tiny but its well located. Staff is friendly and beds are very comfortable.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre
Hilton Brussels City
#4 of 13 in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
3.5 of 5 bubbles 2,176 reviews
Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace
Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le...
#2 of 13 in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
Hotel BLOOM!
#1 of 13 in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,679 reviews
NH Collection Brussels Centre

Been to Progress Hotel? Share your experiences!