Hotel Villa Royale
NH Brussels Bloom(Saint-Josse-ten-Noode)
Very Good 4/5
Royotel Brussels(Saint-Josse-ten-Noode)
View Hotel
Best Western City Centre(Saint-Josse-ten-Noode)
Average 3/5
Very Good 4/5
Hilton Brussels City(Saint-Josse-ten-Noode)
Hotel Sabina(Brussels)
  • Room Service
All reviewsbus connectionsstrong wifimodern bathroomminute walkpay eurostram stopcontinental breakfastfirst floorcentral stationby footcity centremini fridgeshort staythe grand placesupermarketnordbotanique
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 22, 2013

The staff was not helpful and not friendly!
They sent me to a room in which there was already someone!!! That's an INACEPTABLE MISTAKE, since when we go to a hotel THE MINIMUM we expect is PRIVACITY!!! The other guest's life was completely exposed!!! Can you imagine? You are in a hotel room and another guest simply opens the door because the receptionist gave him the key of YOUR ROOM?!?!
The manager of the hotel is also very cheapskate! I arrived 2 hours before the check-in time so I wait in the hall, so I asked for the password of the internet and he said that he would give me that only after my check in so he said that i could do an early check in for "only" 25 euros!!! this had NEVER happened to me!!! Generally people let you use the facilities of the hotel even before the check in!
The room was very small for the price we paid! The double bed was against the wall, witch obligated me to disturb my husband every time I wanted to get up.
The sheets are also veeeery small for the bad, so in the morning you finish by lying directly over the mattress!!!

the internet is also veeeeery slow

Room Tip: look for an other hotel!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank MarcelaFranca
Reviewed May 14, 2013

This hotel was booked for me as part of a training session. When I arrived there I left my case in the breakfast room as it was too early for me to check in. When I arrived later that evening and entered my room, the first thing that hit me was how small it was! But it was functional enough but a tight squeeze and the company will probably be booking this hotel again for further training. They had free wifi which was good, it was tempremental at times. Breakfast was ok. Very close to public transport connections.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Was weighing this hotel up against another one close by for the same price. Should have chosen that one:

Hotel itself is quite nice for the price. Rooms look like they have had a recent re-fit which has been well done.

Single rooms are extremely poky but workable. Shower does flood the bathroom a bit but that's no biggie.

Beds were comfortable, and room was very clean.

Service was not what I would call super-friendly, but I was not there to buddy up to the staff, so that was fine.

HOWEVER

For whatever reason, there was an extraordinary amount of heat coming through the floor. Either it was a heating system with a rogue thermostat or there is some kind of industrial kitchen (or nuclear reactor!) downstairs.

Whatever it is it makes the room stiflingly hot. And not just stuffy but I mean possible health code violation hot.

It was obvious that this was an ongoing problem as when I checked in both the thermostats in the room were already set at zero (to no effect).

You can open the door on to the patio to cool the room down, which works, but you are also inviting in some Belgian mosquitos as room guests.

Lucky for me I was only transiting the following day and did not have an important meeting - I left the place feeling like steamed mullet!

Room Tip: If they offer you any of the single rooms on the first floor - don't go there!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Nigel P
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Small rooms, dirty bathrooms, indifferent breakfast, bad neighbourhood and one of the most incredibly obnoxious people at the front desk I've ever seen. I've giving it "poor" but that's already pretty generous.

I've seen half a dozen different hotels in Brussels in the same price range, so I have a pretty good idea of what's ok and what's not... this one you should avoid.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank BoudewijnCuracao
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed here for one night during our trip to Brussels. The hotel was about a 20 min walk from Grand Place & a 13euro taxi from MIDI which was good. Our room was clean and tidy but tiny! There were double doors on to a patio shared with other guests. I was glad we were only staying 1 night as it was so small.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple