“Great hotel.”

Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Second time staying in this hotel on business and it's perfect. Great location for connections to tube/travel.
Rooms are comfortable and facilities are great.
Gym is ok - not the best but not the worst I've ever seen. Close to very good restaurants as well and the bar by reception is funky!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Stuart R
ManagementTHBCC, PA to the General Manager at Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Dear traveler,

We thank you for your evaluation on your stay with us at Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre.

We are happy to hear that in general you had an enjoyable stay.

Are location is one of our surplus. We are situated at a 10 minutes walking from the city center. If you take the metro, which is situated just in front of the hotel, it will take a couple of minutes
There are indeed some really nice restaurants in the direct surroundings of the hotel.

We are happy with the suggestions of our guests, as this helps us to improve our service to you.

We hope we’ll have the pleasure of welcoming you again upon a next occasion.

Best regards,

There are newer reviews for Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre

Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is built practically on top of Rogier Metro Station so is really easily accessible. Staff at reception were very helpful and informative. The room was clean, modern and practical. We had booked a twin room and although we had separate single beds they were pushed together with little room to separate them. Wifi was free for 1hour. The hotel was within walking distance of all the points of interest in the city. Breakfast was extortionate so we chose to eat elsewhere

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear traveler,

We thank you for sharing your objective opinion on your stay with us at the Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre.

The internet is for free on our lobby computers. The WIFI on the other hand is for free for the first hour for all our guests. If you book trough our own website, the WIFI is for free for the entire stay

We do hope we’ll have the pleasure of welcoming you again upon your next visit to Brussels.

Best regards

Reviewed March 16, 2014

As others have noted, the wifi here is a complete scam, and a rip-off. I booked through a company that stated the wifi here was free. I asked them if they were sure, to which they sad yes, and I still asked them to double-check with the hotel since I've been fooled before. Thon verified the wifi was included in the room, but when I got their the person at the desk was completely unsympathetic and only after refusing to leave the desk without resolution did he offer me codes for 3 devices if I purchase one pass. They charge PER DEVICE using the wifi. That's ABSURD. I paid 25 Euro to connect one device to their wifi for 5 days. It would have cost me ONE HUNDRED EURO for FIVE DAYS ACCESS should I have paid for my both iPhones and iPads we brought. Again, they had NO INTENTION of helping me even after I asked to call the booking group while I was there, after I tried to show them confirmation emails from the tour company ... the guy simply. Did. Not. Care.

The hotel itself is in a business district, bordering on a red-lightish area. Convenient to the metro and train station. 35 Euros for breakfast? No thanks. Rooms are nice, clean and modern. Folks that worked the bar were always polite and friendly. Grocery store and an Illy right next door on either side. The sauna was lovely, with a great view.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank maladrin
ManagementTHBCC, Duty Manager at Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Dear Traveler,

First of all, I would like to thank you for having taken the time to fill out our satisfaction survey.

We regret the inconveniences you have experienced in our hotel with the internet access and we apologize for it.

You can be sure that your remark about the internet access which is not yet for free, have been discussed with the responsible and appropriate actions have been taken in order to avoid such situations in the future.

Once again, we would like to thank you for your comments and we are looking forward to welcoming you in the Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre during your next visit in Brussels.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for further information.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Good location, close to Brussels Noord train station and an easy walk to the centre. Half price breakfast at the weekend. There's also a supermarket next door so you can buy your own. If you don't need the room cleaned (maybe arrived late the night before) you can hang a card on your door that gives you 5euro to spend at the bar. They have a half price happy hour every day around 6 o'clock. Wifi isn't free. Definitely a business hotel but clean and efficient.

Room Tip: High building and very quiet in a high room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kate M
ManagementTHBCC, PA to the General Manager at Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Dear traveler,
We thank you for your comment on your stay with us at the Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre.
We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and that you appreciated the service you received from our staff. We try to do our best to help our clients in every possible way;
The internet is for free on our lobby computers. The WIFI on the other hand is for free for the first hour for all our guests. If you book trough our own website, the WIFI is for free for the entire say.
We hope we’ll have the pleasure of welcoming you again upon a next occasion.

Best regards,

Reviewed March 12, 2014

The services offered by this hotel are generally very good. Moreover, it is placed conveniently across the Rogier subway station. HOWEVER, my booking had the indication "Free WIFI". As soon as I reached my room, I released that this is NOT TRUE. WIFI is free ONLY for 1 Hour per stay (not per night). For longer access to WIFI one has to pay something like 7 euros per 24 hours. This is a bad cheat for a Hotel charging 150 euros per overnight. I find myself insulted by such a "cheap" treatment.

Afxentios Tychopoulos

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Afxentios T
ManagementTHBCC, Duty Manager at Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Dear Traveler,

First of all, I would like to thank you for having taken the time to fill out this satisfaction survey.

We regret the inconvenience you have experienced regarding the internet which was not for free and we would like to apologize for it.

You can be sure that your remark about the internet access, have been discussed with the responsible and appropriate actions have been taken in order to avoid such situations in the future.
I would like to let you know that if you book through our website ( thonhotels.be) the internet access is for free during your entire stay. Also if you become a Thon Member (register at reception or online) then internet is also free of charge.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for further information.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

THe hotel had spacious and clean rooms. But the issue was that the staff was not so helpful and the a/c was broken throughout the entire duration of our stay. the only positive part is its location. right in downtown, and close to great shopping streets and also Grand Place. Great restaurants nearby too and close to train station and public transport.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Traveler,

We regret the inconvenience you have experienced regarding the kindness of our staff and we woulld like to apologize for it.
We already took the necessary measures together with the head of departments, in order to avoid such situations in the future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for further information,

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Hotel was very clean, hotel staff spoke English and we're very helpful. Breakfast room was spacious with a good selection of food. Facilities in room were very good. The only thing going against it was no milk for tea and no evening food available

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Traveler,

It is always a pleasure for us to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and your comments encourage us to continue in the same way.
Regarding the fact that there is no dinner available in our hotel, it is only because the hotel is located in an area with too many restaurants. I would like to let you know that we also propose snacks at the bar from 5Pm to 1Am.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again in the Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre during your next visit in Brussels.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for further information,

Yours Sincerely,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
Thon Hotel EU
Hotel Metropole
Hotel Metropole
#74 of 198 in Brussels
Adagio Brussels Grand Place

Been to Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre? Share your experiences!