“Very good hotel”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace
Reviewed April 26, 2014

This is a very good hotel. I stayed there 2 days for business and the room was very comfortable, excellent bed, a decent number of TV channels (although a only one or two in English) and Wi-Fi in the room. The breakfast was not included and the rate was acceptable.
Will stay there again in the future I am sure. The only bad thing is that there is currently some construction going on at one side of the hotel so it can get a bit loud at times...

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,974)

Reviewed April 23, 2014

The rooms were very spacious, clean, and in a great central location. We were in walking distance to great restaurants and bars, but away from the central area where it wasn't so loud in the area. Had breakfast in the hotel every morning and it was delicious, fresh, and tasty. Would stay here again if I am lucky enough to return

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Yasiri13
Reviewed April 20, 2014

On a business trip to brussels in MAR 2008, I stayed in this hotel for three days. Nice central location and proximity to main tourist points, market was a added advantage.
Good clean rooms and nice breakfast spread made it a comfortable stay.
The lounge, and bar area was a good place to relax.
Would definitlely visit again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Having just returned from this hotel, I read the reviews and was a little worried regarding the location as was looking for something central. I was not disappointed at. All. The hotel is very central, about 10 min walk to Grand Place and about 15 mins to the Royal Palace. Perfect.

We arrived very early and wanted to drop our luggage off at 9.00am. Room was ready and they checked us in straight away!!!!! "Brilliant"...reception were very helpful and friendly, all speaking perfect English. Our room was huge and immaculate . Very art nouveau and everything was spotless.....I can honestly say that the bed was by far the best sleep I have EVER had...I need one in my home with all the linen and duvets too....did not want to wake up :)

We stayed for 2 nights. Breakfast was great with a huge amount of choice for all and scrambled eggs and waffles were a traditional start to the day :)

All staff were a credit to the hotel, from housekeeping to reception. All making a huge effort to welcome us and they were highly professional. Got the whole package through British Airways on a bargain and we were truly wowed by this establishment

Thanks to all for a wonderful stay

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RobMT
rm_hurkmans, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Dear RobMT,
Many thanks for choosing our hotel and for this 5 star review. We are really happy, that we could make your stay memorable, as this is what we strive to do every single day. I've shared your comments with all members of our Team and it made our day.
We look forward to your next stay, so we can show we can do it again.
Best regards
Rogier M. Hurkmans and Team

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Good central location close to parking and metro. Nicely appointed hotel. Good meeting facilities on 8th floor and smaller meeting rooms on lower floors. Small fitness centre. Well appointed hotel rooms but a bit noisy if on park side.

Room Tip: Avoid park side near corner or try and be above the 3rd floor - can be a lot of traffic noise
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 16, 2014

This hotel is nicely located, with views over the Botanical Gardens - a pleasant place to walk. The rooms are clean and comfortable (though on one visit, the one I was allocated had not been cleaned.) If you are a light sleeper, though, you may wish to choose your room carefully, because there is a very busy road as well as a railway nearby. Breakfast was fine, but the big downside for me was that my briefcase (including my laptop) was stolen from a meeting room being used as an office on the ground floor. The room was quite close to the rear entrance of the hotel, on which there was no noticeable security. I reported the theft to the Brussels police, who were extremely efficient and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank happywanderer063

Dear happywanderer063,
First of all, my excuses for my delayed responce here, to the unpleasant incident of your stolen briefcase in our hotel. I very much regret what happened and I'm happy that the police assisted you so well. Unfortunately "thieves look like you and me" and 1 second of watching in another direction can be enough for them. To secure a safe place for our guests in our hotel is one of our top priorities. We emphasise a lot on this in cooperation with the police and the Brussels Hotel Association. Apologies once more for what happend to you. It's nice to experience, that despite this incident, you in general, were satisfied with our hotel. I thank you for your trust and hope we can welcome you again in the future.
Kindest regards
Rogier M. Hukmans

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights over New Years Eve ( 31st December - 2nd January 2014) First impressions were very good, lovely reception area, friendly staff at reception. We paid extra also for a deluxe room so we were very much looking forward to it after reading all the excellent reviews on trip advisor. We went up in the lift and started walking towards where our room was, the corridors were lovely, wide and airy...then as we started nearing the room that we were allocated we started to smell cigarette smoke very strongly all down the corridor...oh dear it seems we were allocated to a smoking room ! We entered the room and the stench hit us with full force !! The windows had been left wide open and the curtains were billowing, this is obviously because housekeeping had been in there to clean it after the last inhabitants and thought that the room stank ! I immediately rang reception to request a change of rooms whilst sitting at the desk on the phone I also noticed a very dirty glass with one small bottle of water ( for 2 of us), also the fact that there was only one robe on the bed but 2 of us booked into the room and on the reservation, perhaps it was to be shared ! Anyway, the receptionist informed me that the hotel was full ! We were not happy at all but there was nothing we could do about it....it was only after we came home that I was told that we should have gone down to reception with our bags ( we had not yet unpacked) and demanded that we be given an alternative as I did not request this stinking room.
We unpacked our lovely clothes that we had brought as we had booked a New Years Eve dinner and dance at the casino, I opened up a wardrobe only to be hit again by a strong smell of stale cigarettes...yes, in the wardrobe !! We did not put our clothes in there !!
We decided to get ready for our evening out and to my disappointment I had forgotten to pack shower gel, bath liquid, shampoo and conditioner, I rang reception again and was told that someone would be along to provide us with some, we waited for about 30 minutes then went out in Brussels to buy our own cosmetics !
We returned to the room and got ready and went out and had a wonderful New Years Eve at the Grand Casino.
We returned back to the hotel and went to bed. Every time one of us moved in the bed the smell of cigarettes once again wafted into our nostrils, all we could think of was that the cigarette smoke must have penetrated the mattress, mattress topper and bedstead itself we slept very badly for the 2 nights that we were there for !
We had breakfast included in the price and breakfast was fantastic, we also had dinner at the hotel the evening of the 1st January and that too was delicious therefore this hotel gets the star for that alone.
We packed our clothes ( that we had kept on a sofa in the room) on the 2nd January and left our case at the hotel. We spent that day in Bruges and when we returned we collected our luggage and got a taxi to the Eurostar train station.
When we arrived home and opened the suitcase yet again the stench of stale cigarettes hit us, it was all over our clothes and everything that we had had in that room !
I wrote an email to the manager complaining and they kindly replied with an offer of staying in a SUITE for one night, free of charge, having spoken to my husband we decided that as we had already been to Brussels that we would now rather try somewhere else, I asked if that offer could be transferred to another of their chain of hotels which they said they could do but I had to register with IHG and they would credit the points to my account. I registered and emailed back my details and have today noticed a credit of 25,000 points ( I did not receive an email from them informing me that they had done this). I checked how many points it would be to stay at this hotel again and 25,000 does not even get me a night at their hotel, I would have to pay USD40 as well and that is for a standard room not a suite !! All I can say is that I think we have been treated abysmally, this exchanging of emails etc has been going on since January and I have even had to send every email that I sent to them twice in order to get a response and this is direct to the person who calls themselves the '' business operations manager''.
I would have expected a lot more from the chain Crowne Plaza, I thought they were something a little bit special and I will definitely think twice before booking with them again and urge anyone who reads this to as well.

Room Tip: Please request a non smoking room unless you smoke !
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Karen332London
rm_hurkmans, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear Karen332London,
Thanks again for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I'm deeply sorry that we didn't make it memorable, because that's how we want you to feel when you're with us and I sincerely apologise for that. When you arrived at our hotel it was really the last room available and we were not able to grant you another room. As we were fully booked the day after as well, we couldn't move you either. Our intention when inviting you to stay in our Suite was to make your stay with us very special and memorable. I can understand that you prefer another hotel of our chain in another city. The IHG Reward Club is the most convenient way to have access to all hotels in our chain. I'll make sure that the issue with the points will be solved.
Once again, you shouldn't have had the type of experience that you described. We will use your valuable feedback to learn from it to avoid simular situations in the future. IHG Rewards Club is a great programme and we hope you will continue to be a member.
If there is anything I can do for you, please don't hesitate to contact me directly (rogier.hurkmans@cpbxl.be) and if you decide to return to Brussels, please do so as well. We're going to do everything we can to make your stay enjojable and stress-free.
With kindest regards
Rogier M. Hurkmans

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
NH Collection Brussels Centre
Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre
Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre
#3 of 13 in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
Novotel Brussels City Centre

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace? Share your experiences!