We had a lovely eurostar city break at this hotel and made the following observations:
Arrival: if arriving by Eurostar to Brussels Midi you can use the same ticket to go direct to Brussels North - all northbound trains seem to stop there from Midi. When you come out of Brussels Nord station - keep left and head for Rue Neuve and you will see the Sheraton Hotel sign and the hotel is only a very short walk away, opposite the Sheraton.
Hotel - reception were pleasant and gave us the upgrade as requested. Room was very modern and clean and was a good size with two twins together - no 618, no view but a nice big bathroom. We were very pleased.
Breakfast - was included for us but DON'T pay the 30 euros they were asking otherwise. The cold selection and fresh omelettes were good but the hot was terrible - it was barely warm and was inedible.Staff again were very nice.
Bar and mini-bar - were overpriced (6 eurose for a beer) and not welcoming.
Location: surrounded by other top hotels and across fromt he main shopping street and only a 10 minutes walk to the centre. We were happy with the position but a single traveller might feel daunted as there were a few unsavoury characters around at night but no-one bothered us at all.
Food - the Belle Epoque restaurant opposite was amazing - really good food at a fraction of the normal prices in the town centre. Be wary of restaurants in the town centre as the set menus are often only valid for lunch and we ended up with a very expensive meal as we were too polite to argue the case.
Sunday ALL the shops are shut but we enjoyed the 16 euro hop-on and off bus tour.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Highlights•Situated in the heart of Brussels near the Rue Neuve shopping district•A few minutes’ walk from Brussels Gare du Nord station•Close to World Trade Center and popular attractions including Grand Place City Square•Wireless internet access, business center and Scandinavian Wellness and Health Club •Bien Belge Living Lounge restaurant and bar serving Belgian specialties, fine wine and beerSituated in the center of downtown Brussels, within yards of Gare du Nord station and in close proximity to the Rue Neuve shopping district and the World Trade Center, the Hilton Brussels City hotel is the ideal place to stay when you are visiting Belgium’s capital. All the facilities are in place to allow you to remain productive during your stay. With wireless internet access, a business center and a range of meeting rooms you will be able to work with the minimum of hassle.After a busy day in Brussels or a long journey, you can relax and rejuvenate in the Scandinavian Wellness and Health Club and sample the delicious Flemish cuisine on offer in the Bien Belge Living Lounge restaurant and bar. Offering responsive service and stylish contemporary comfort in an enviable location, this Brussels hotel has everything you need to make the most of your stay in one of Europe’s most vibrant cities.Local Attractions •Stroll to Brussels’ famous Grand Place, the center of the Old City’s pavement café culture•Stop in at Marcolini’s Chocolatiers and buy some handmade Belgian chocolates to take home•Experience world class shops located on the Rue Neuve •Visit the Delerium Café•View one of the world’s finest collections of pre-modern art at the Musée d’Art Ancien ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Brussels City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Brussels City Hotel Saint-Josse-Ten-Noode
- Brussels Hilton
- Hilton Brussels City Belgium