“no problems”

Hilton Brussels City
Reviewed November 25, 2006

only stayed one night, 4 guys, 2 rooms. One room was of a good size the other small, so it is pot luck. I would ask for 414 if you require a good size, quiet, twin room.
Location was great, staff efficient, hotel and rooms were clean with a nice vibe.
Next door to the Crown Plazza, oposite the Sheraton and Comfort Inn, so take your choice
Graeme

• Stayed: November 2006
Thank graeme.p
Write a ReviewReviews (2,504)

Reviewed November 8, 2006

Been here 5 times. Early in the course room was that miniature sized (read standard).

Pros: location has been suitable for me doing business & its not too far for walking back from Grand Place area after dinner. Room upgrades do follow pretty soon based on your HH honor level or frequent visits to this hotel (oh boy - these are MORE than needed...) As hotel does not make me to stay in my room more than necessary, I guess I could recommend this to any other businessperson staying in Brussels... chance to be more productive, as nobody is gonna spend too much time in these rooms fit for midget.

Cons: rooms are just like during my last visit to Tokyo (Hilton with miniature rooms as welll!). Reception is under par. Service is clearly less than average compared to other Hiltons I have stayed in Europe or Asia. I have had problems in 2 occasions with over heating during winter. I would rather sweat at gym, not in my bed when trying to sleep. Breakfast is not worth paying extra (ok you should get it as part of package), read below price level for my normal stay with breakfast.

Price is one thing. I have paid during last stays around 150 Euros including breakfast. Guess that is not that deep, its ok to stay for a night or two for business purposes. Upgrades can make your stay being from "another planet"!

Being honest, quality of this hotel is surely 3 star. But but I can not stop comparing with other Hiltons. I would not recommend this hotel for longer than max 2 night stays based on my experience.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled on business
7  Thank Abramis
Reviewed September 30, 2006

Now I know what a boutique designer hotel means.

Boutique means small. Small entrance hall,low ceilings, small rooms. Even though I am a diamond hilton honors member I was given a room with a king size that just about left enough room to walk around the bed. In a cupboard , a shower,a wc and a hand basin were somehow shoehorned in.I went down and said I wanted a room with bath. No problem.My next room was twice the size-and had a bath.

Designer means you need a graduate degree in computer engineering to work out how to operate the lights ,the faucets etc.

Location is in hotel square. The hotel is next to the Crowne Plaza, and the Sheraton and Comfort Inn are on the opposite side of the little square.. It is ten minutes walk from the Grand Place and with easy public transport to all of Brussels.

The place was spotless,staff were very helpful, the breakfast was good, and the Russian bus tour groups friendly.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank roger39
Reviewed September 5, 2006

I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions for business. The hotel is badly managed, there is no concierge, after checking in the first time back in March 2006, I was not even told how to get to the lifts to get to my bedroom! (they were hidden up some stairs behind reception)....I even had to struggle carrying a heavy bag and laptop with no offers of help.

I experienced two thefts from my hotel room on two separate occasions......the first time 50 Euros was taken which the hotel did reimburse me with after I suggested that I would need to call the police to ensure my insurance would pay me back. The second time two packets of cigarettes were stolen (one from on my desk and the other from inside my bag) this time the hotel refused to accept liability stating that I was the only person ever to have reported thefts from my room since January 2005!

If you stay there, ensure that you DO NOT leave any money in your pockets in the room and do not even leave items such as cigarettes as these may be stolen by housekeeping (as were mine!!)

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business
11  Thank jimmycricket
Reviewed August 30, 2006

Very disappointed. It looked closer to center of town and Grand Place. Was not as luxurious as expected from reading about it. If you are not able to understand German/French, suggest you stay closer to Grand Place. I was on a trip with my 21 year old daughter and the area was somewhat questionable. There was some construction going on nearby as well which we had to walk around. The help with luggage was nonexistant even though steps are involed from lobby to elevators. Rooms very generic and acceptable but nothing special.

Stayed: November 2005
3  Thank nsm1
Reviewed August 23, 2006

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled solo
4  Thank westashleyguy
Reviewed July 7, 2006

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled on business
7  Thank Afke
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace
Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le...
#2 of 13 in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre
#3 of 13 in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
NH Collection Brussels Centre
Pullman Brussels Centre Midi Hotel

Been to Hilton Brussels City? Share your experiences!