My husband and I stayed one night at the Hilton Brussels City hotel. The location was convenient near a metro stop, but off a very busy street and seems to be in maybe a business district. The location does offer a nice walk down a pedestrian street, Rue Nueve, with a lot of shops on your way to the Grand Place. We arrived early but the hotel staff was very nice and took our bags to hold until our room was ready. The lobby of the hotel is very nice and modern, but once we did get to our room we were disappointed. I am used to small hotel rooms in Europe, so that was not a problem. However, the bed was not so much a bed but rather box springs with a very thin rubber- or foam-like pad on top. Not only was it rather uncomfortable, it also had a very VERY bad smell to it. There was a switch or something on the desk that was broken and also an odd square cut out of the ceiling and put back. Our room was in the back of the hotel and we could hear the train running until late. They still have old tube TVs that need to be updated to flat screen. The heating/cooling unit is simply a radiator. The best part of the hotel was the bar, where Yousef entertained us! He is a great asset to an otherwise very average hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Highlights•Situated in the heart of Brussels near the Rue Neuve shopping district•A few minutes’ walk from Brussels Gare du Nord station•Close to World Trade Center and popular attractions including Grand Place City Square•Wireless internet access, business center and Scandinavian Wellness and Health Club •Bien Belge Living Lounge restaurant and bar serving Belgian specialties, fine wine and beerSituated in the center of downtown Brussels, within yards of Gare du Nord station and in close proximity to the Rue Neuve shopping district and the World Trade Center, the Hilton Brussels City hotel is the ideal place to stay when you are visiting Belgium’s capital. All the facilities are in place to allow you to remain productive during your stay. With wireless internet access, a business center and a range of meeting rooms you will be able to work with the minimum of hassle.After a busy day in Brussels or a long journey, you can relax and rejuvenate in the Scandinavian Wellness and Health Club and sample the delicious Flemish cuisine on offer in the Bien Belge Living Lounge restaurant and bar. Offering responsive service and stylish contemporary comfort in an enviable location, this Brussels hotel has everything you need to make the most of your stay in one of Europe’s most vibrant cities.Local Attractions •Stroll to Brussels’ famous Grand Place, the center of the Old City’s pavement café culture•Stop in at Marcolini’s Chocolatiers and buy some handmade Belgian chocolates to take home•Experience world class shops located on the Rue Neuve •Visit the Delerium Café•View one of the world’s finest collections of pre-modern art at the Musée d’Art Ancien ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Brussels City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Brussels City Hotel Saint-Josse-Ten-Noode
- Brussels Hilton
- Hilton Brussels City Belgium