Location of the hotel is convenient for the Gare du Nord and its business district. The hotel public areas are small and felt crowded. Frontdesk service was professional although there were probably not enough people on duty considering the number of guests queuing at check-in and check-out. The room was very average and bathroom not very practical (tiny bath, toilet too close to bath tub). WiFi is not free which is quite unreal when so many hotels these days do offer free WiFi in rooms. The restaurant service was slow and the meal did not meet expectations considering the high prices.
I checked into a different hotel for the 2nd night of my trip to Brussels: the Hotel Husa President, not far from the Hilton Brussels City. The room there cost € 108, breakfast included (and I was upgraded to an executive room). The quality of my sleep at this second hotel was far superior to the previous night at the Hilton (better mattress, better pillows, quieter). I paid € 139 + special offer breakfast at € 15 (instead of € 30) at the Hilton and the reason I moved hotels for the second night was because the second night at the Hilton would have cost me € 199, excluding breakfast. The € 139 rate was only just reasonable for what I got; € 199 would have been an outrageous overpayment for what the Hilton Brussels City Hotel has to offer. Whether or not I return to this hotel on a future business trip to Brussels will depend completely on the rate available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Highlights•Situated in the heart of Brussels near the Rue Neuve shopping district•A few minutes’ walk from Brussels Gare du Nord station•Close to World Trade Center and popular attractions including Grand Place City Square•Wireless internet access, business center and Scandinavian Wellness and Health Club •Bien Belge Living Lounge restaurant and bar serving Belgian specialties, fine wine and beerSituated in the center of downtown Brussels, within yards of Gare du Nord station and in close proximity to the Rue Neuve shopping district and the World Trade Center, the Hilton Brussels City hotel is the ideal place to stay when you are visiting Belgium’s capital. All the facilities are in place to allow you to remain productive during your stay. With wireless internet access, a business center and a range of meeting rooms you will be able to work with the minimum of hassle.After a busy day in Brussels or a long journey, you can relax and rejuvenate in the Scandinavian Wellness and Health Club and sample the delicious Flemish cuisine on offer in the Bien Belge Living Lounge restaurant and bar. Offering responsive service and stylish contemporary comfort in an enviable location, this Brussels hotel has everything you need to make the most of your stay in one of Europe’s most vibrant cities.Local Attractions •Stroll to Brussels’ famous Grand Place, the center of the Old City’s pavement café culture•Stop in at Marcolini’s Chocolatiers and buy some handmade Belgian chocolates to take home•Experience world class shops located on the Rue Neuve •Visit the Delerium Café•View one of the world’s finest collections of pre-modern art at the Musée d’Art Ancien ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Brussels City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Brussels City Hotel Saint-Josse-Ten-Noode
- Brussels Hilton
- Hilton Brussels City Belgium