“Depends on the rate you get....”

Hilton Brussels City
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Location of the hotel is convenient for the Gare du Nord and its business district. The hotel public areas are small and felt crowded. Frontdesk service was professional although there were probably not enough people on duty considering the number of guests queuing at check-in and check-out. The room was very average and bathroom not very practical (tiny bath, toilet too close to bath tub). WiFi is not free which is quite unreal when so many hotels these days do offer free WiFi in rooms. The restaurant service was slow and the meal did not meet expectations considering the high prices.

I checked into a different hotel for the 2nd night of my trip to Brussels: the Hotel Husa President, not far from the Hilton Brussels City. The room there cost € 108, breakfast included (and I was upgraded to an executive room). The quality of my sleep at this second hotel was far superior to the previous night at the Hilton (better mattress, better pillows, quieter). I paid € 139 + special offer breakfast at € 15 (instead of € 30) at the Hilton and the reason I moved hotels for the second night was because the second night at the Hilton would have cost me € 199, excluding breakfast. The € 139 rate was only just reasonable for what I got; € 199 would have been an outrageous overpayment for what the Hilton Brussels City Hotel has to offer. Whether or not I return to this hotel on a future business trip to Brussels will depend completely on the rate available.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Deana J
Anais B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Brussels City, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions on Trip Advisor after your recent stay at Hilton Brussels City.

I am very sorry to hear that your recent stay with us did not live up to your expectations in terms of value for price paid. I already noticed you comment in Hilton Guest Reviews and I am really sorry to understand this fact. I will forward your constructive comments to our management team in order to take the appropriate measures.

Please do let me know if you are planning to return to Brussels in the future as I will cover all the necessary arrangements.

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Had a very pleasant stay here last weekend whilst in Brussels for the Xmas Market. We booked a break through Railbookers. The hotel is so handy for the metro which is just across the square as is the huge City 2 shopping centre. Staff were really friendly and helpful and we were upgraded to a lovely clean spacious room, with my husbands Hilton Honors membership. Breakfast gave a good choice, as you would expect. Would definitely stay here again if in Brussels.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Anais B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Brussels City, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear guest,

We much appreciate the time you took to write this great feedback and your continuous loyalty as a member of the Hilton HHonors Family.

I am more than happy to read that you have loved our hotel and had a good stay in Brussels. I am sure that our whole team will enjoy reading your feedback.

We are already looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I have stayed here often and the experience can differ considerably between different rooms. Some are spacious, others quite small.The inward facing rooms are distinctly quieter. However, in this smaller room the bathroom was unsatisfactory - the tap was too small for the round bowl, the toilet needed a deep clean and the bath was difficult to get in and out of - there were no sensibly placed handles. Main light switch only on one side of the bed and an old CRT television. The main fault, however, was the poor wifi, at times no signal, most of the time it was very weak. Hotels that offer wifi should make sure that it can do the job. The nice Hilton breakfast was good as usual, but the limted hot items were identical three days running.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tiptoptraveller

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for repeatedly sharing your feedback on your stay at the Hilton Brussels City.

Please accept our sincere apologies for not managing to meet your expectations, especially regarding the internet connection and the missing items in your room.

I will personally follow up on these incidences in order to find out why you have not received the service that you rightly come to expect when staying with us.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally before your next stay in Brussels as I will be delighted to cover all necessary arrangements before your arrival.

Best regards,

Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed at this hotel as part of a Brussels / Bruges deal. We arrived around 11am and were greeted by friendly staff and allowed to check into our room. The room was clean and serviced everyday. The staff were were very helpful and gave us directions t the christmas markets and marked the map with routes etc. The breakfast staff were very friendly and efficient and asked us how we had slept and there was lots of choice at breakfast. The hotel is a short walk from Gare du Nord and right across the road from main shopping streets and also on the route for the sight seeing bus. Overall a very good 3 night stay at the hotel. Thank you to all staff for making our stay very nice

Room Tip: We stayed on the 8th Floor. Room was small but perfect as we only slept there. Very clean and servic...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Donna K
Anais B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Brussels City, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for writing such a positive review regarding your recent visit. It is a real pleasure for us to read that we lived up to our guests’ expectations.

We are really happy to see that you have loved the atmosphere and the overall service at the Hilton Brussels City.

Your kind comments are a very nice reward for all of our staff and we will be certain to share your feedback with all the team.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stayed here on a business trip. The location of the hotel is really good, right at the northern tip of the shopping area and walking distance to the Grand Place. Most importantly, it is only 5-mins walk from the Brussel-North train station, which is very convenience for side trip to Brugge and Ghent and the airport. The hotel room and bathroom are both very clean. For some reasons, the front desk did not check me into the Hilton Honor floor until I requested even though I am a Gold member. Room is rather small, but that is European standard. Otherwise, the stay was generally good.

Room Tip: If you are a Hilton Honor club member, ensure to request the 8th floor. I was checked into a room on...
1  Thank naughtyryan

Dear Guest,

I am happy to see you have overall enjoyed your stay with us and especially the location of our hotel. However I would like to apologize for the lack of consideration of your HHonors Gold status. I will review this in details with our Front Office Manager in order to avoid this kind of situations in the future.

For your next visit, please do not hesitate to contact me as I will make sure you receive the service you deserve as a member of the HHonors Family.

Kind regards,

Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed here on a business trip, found it very hard to get a room in Brussels at a lastminute notice. Prices were steep and hotels fully booked.. after some digging I found a good rate for the Hilton. The room I got on the 6th floor is small but has everything you need, it is comfortable and clean. So a good choice but it pays to shop around for a decent rate.

2  Thank 152Anoniem
Anais B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Brussels City, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience in Tripadvisor. I am glad to see you have enjoyed your overall stay with us.

I hope you can visit us again in the future.

Best regards from Brussels!

Reviewed November 23, 2012

I stayed here on a business trip, arrived very late (around 1am) due to a problem with Eurostar which resulted in my train being really delayed. The reception staff were fine. The room was really small, which doesn't bother me as much as it might bother some others. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom (shower, no bath) was clean and had some nice toiletries in it . The room itself was quite tired and the flooring was extremely tatty,

As usual with Hiltons, the charge for wifi was usurious at €20 - totally outrageous, so you need to bear that in mind when deciding if your deal is as good as you think. The wardrobe was minute and if Id been staying for more than one night, would have had problems finding enough room for my clothes, but for one night it was fine.

Although they claim to have 24 hour room service, I could find no sign of that in the room service menu where I could only find menus served up to 11pm.

I was in room 427 which was right at the back of the hotel which overlooked the main railway line into Brussels and once the trains started up in the morning, made sleep quite difficult, so I would suggest that you ask for a room at the front of the hotel if this would be a problem for you.

Overall, as other people have said this isnt up to the standard of other Hiltons Ive stayed in and I probably wouldn't stay here again. The unavailability of room service after 11pm is unacceptable and even in Brussels with its notoriously expensive hotels, you can get a much better deal in other hotels, (and get free wifi). I didnt have breakfast there as I had an early meeting, so cant comment on the standards there.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a room at the front of the hotel as the back overlooks a very busy railway line
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Anais B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Brussels City, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Dear guest;

Many thanks for taking the time to leave such a detailed review of your recent stay at the Hilton Brussels City. I was sorry to read that certain parts of your stay did not live up to your expectations and I have shared your comments with the management team.

Regarding your comment about Room Service, I would like to inform you that we have recently changed our menu. I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences this may have caused you during your stay.

We have also well noted your comment about the internet connection. We know that these points are more than important to reach the expectations of our guests. I will certainly share this information with the concerned managers.

Looking forward to welcoming you again and restore your faith in our hotel

Best regards from Brussels,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
Hilton Brussels Grand Place
0 mi away
Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace
Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le...
#2 of 13 in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre
Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre
#3 of 13 in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
NH Collection Brussels Centre
Novotel Brussels City Centre
Hilton Garden Inn Brussels Louise

Been to Hilton Brussels City? Share your experiences!