“Great Hotel, Perfect Location”

Hilton Brussels City
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel, Perfect Location”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed at this hotel as part of a Brussels / Bruges deal. We arrived around 11am and were greeted by friendly staff and allowed to check into our room. The room was clean and serviced everyday. The staff were were very helpful and gave us directions t the christmas markets and marked the map with routes etc. The breakfast staff were very friendly and efficient and asked us how we had slept and there was lots of choice at breakfast. The hotel is a short walk from Gare du Nord and right across the road from main shopping streets and also on the route for the sight seeing bus. Overall a very good 3 night stay at the hotel. Thank you to all staff for making our stay very nice

Room Tip: We stayed on the 8th Floor. Room was small but perfect as we only slept there. Very clean and servic...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Donna K
Anais B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Brussels City, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for writing such a positive review regarding your recent visit. It is a real pleasure for us to read that we lived up to our guests’ expectations.

We are really happy to see that you have loved the atmosphere and the overall service at the Hilton Brussels City.

Your kind comments are a very nice reward for all of our staff and we will be certain to share your feedback with all the team.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back again!

Best regards from Brussels,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stayed here on a business trip. The location of the hotel is really good, right at the northern tip of the shopping area and walking distance to the Grand Place. Most importantly, it is only 5-mins walk from the Brussel-North train station, which is very convenience for side trip to Brugge and Ghent and the airport. The hotel room and bathroom are both very clean. For some reasons, the front desk did not check me into the Hilton Honor floor until I requested even though I am a Gold member. Room is rather small, but that is European standard. Otherwise, the stay was generally good.

Room Tip: If you are a Hilton Honor club member, ensure to request the 8th floor. I was checked into a room on...
1 Thank naughtyryan
Dear Guest,

We much appreciate the time you took to write this great feedback and your continuous loyalty as a member of the Hilton HHonors Family.

I am happy to see you have overall enjoyed your stay with us and especially the location of our hotel. However I would like to apologize for the lack of consideration of your HHonors Gold status. I will review this in details with our Front Office Manager in order to avoid this kind of situations in the future.

For your next visit, please do not hesitate to contact me as I will make sure you receive the service you deserve as a member of the HHonors Family.

Kind regards,
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed here on a business trip, found it very hard to get a room in Brussels at a lastminute notice. Prices were steep and hotels fully booked.. after some digging I found a good rate for the Hilton. The room I got on the 6th floor is small but has everything you need, it is comfortable and clean. So a good choice but it pays to shop around for a decent rate.

2 Thank 152Anoniem
Anais B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Brussels City, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience in Tripadvisor. I am glad to see you have enjoyed your overall stay with us.

I hope you can visit us again in the future.

Best regards from Brussels!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I stayed here on a business trip, arrived very late (around 1am) due to a problem with Eurostar which resulted in my train being really delayed. The reception staff were fine. The room was really small, which doesn't bother me as much as it might bother some others. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom (shower, no bath) was clean and had some nice toiletries in it . The room itself was quite tired and the flooring was extremely tatty,

As usual with Hiltons, the charge for wifi was usurious at €20 - totally outrageous, so you need to bear that in mind when deciding if your deal is as good as you think. The wardrobe was minute and if Id been staying for more than one night, would have had problems finding enough room for my clothes, but for one night it was fine.

Although they claim to have 24 hour room service, I could find no sign of that in the room service menu where I could only find menus served up to 11pm.

I was in room 427 which was right at the back of the hotel which overlooked the main railway line into Brussels and once the trains started up in the morning, made sleep quite difficult, so I would suggest that you ask for a room at the front of the hotel if this would be a problem for you.

Overall, as other people have said this isnt up to the standard of other Hiltons Ive stayed in and I probably wouldn't stay here again. The unavailability of room service after 11pm is unacceptable and even in Brussels with its notoriously expensive hotels, you can get a much better deal in other hotels, (and get free wifi). I didnt have breakfast there as I had an early meeting, so cant comment on the standards there.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a room at the front of the hotel as the back overlooks a very busy railway line
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Anais B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Brussels City, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear guest;

Many thanks for taking the time to leave such a detailed review of your recent stay at the Hilton Brussels City. I was sorry to read that certain parts of your stay did not live up to your expectations and I have shared your comments with the management team.

Regarding your comment about Room Service, I would like to inform you that we have recently changed our menu. I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences this may have caused you during your stay.

We have also well noted your comment about the internet connection. We know that these points are more than important to reach the expectations of our guests. I will certainly share this information with the concerned managers.

Looking forward to welcoming you again and restore your faith in our hotel

Best regards from Brussels,
Dublin
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I stayed in this hotel while on business in Brussels in October 2012. I chose the hotel because of its proximity to my workplace, and in that respect, it is excellent. There is a nice shopping centre and a big shopping street right across from the hotel, which was very convenient also. The rooms are small, it must be said. The first room I was offered was right beside some kind of noisy heating unit, so I want back to reception and the staff were kind enough to find a quieter - and much nicer - room for me. I was very happy with all of the amenities - though it must be said that the staff could make a bit more of an effort to be friendly! All in all, though, I was quite happy with my stay.

However, problems arose on checkout when I found that my bill was a lot more than I expected. It took a couple of emails to the hotel to sort this out, and in the end, I was only charged what I had expected to pay. However, I found the attitude of the staff involved to be very arrogant, insisting that they were right and I was wrong, and it really took the shine off my stay. My advice: If you are entitled to a corporate or contract rate, make absolutely sure that this has been applied to your reservation BEFORE your stay - and check your bill to make sure that you have not been charged for hotel dining that is not your own!

Room Tip: If you're not happy with your room, ask if there is another one available.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank GannyGirl
Anais B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Brussels City, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear guest;

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this constructive feedback.

I am glad to see that you generally enjoyed your stay and especially the amenities; however I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences with the accuracy of bill. Also I am really alarmed by your comment regarding the arrogance of the staff who was dealing with your invoice, and I would also like to sincerely apologize for that. We will review this in details with the Front Office Manager.

I will personally follow up on these incidences in order to find out why you have not received the service that you rightly come to expect when staying with us. Please, could send me your complete name by message? I would like to investigate where the mistake has been made in order to avoid this kind of problems in the future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally before your next stay in Brussels as I will cover all necessary arrangements before your arrival.

Best regards,
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed here solo on a business trip. The lobby, entry, and restaurant are very attractive but the setting is very intimate. The staff if very attentive and speak outstanding English. I would recommend the breakfast buffet of dinner in the restaurant. Although meals in a hotel are going to be more expensive, I felt the food and service was excellent. I ordered salmon and an apple tart and it was prepared perfectly. The rooms are exactly as they appear in the pictures: Modern but very small, and well-worn. I haven't seen a non-flat panel tv in a hotel in years, but here one was in my room. Admittedly I can understand why the walls are somewhat banged up in my room: It's hard to unpack and put things away without whacking a wall with your suitcase or hangar. Oddly, the room had no drawers. Not one. I plan to return next year for a similar trip and will probably stay. I rate it average for the room and above average for the entryway style and decor and amenities.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Anais B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Brussels City, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear guest;

Thank you so much for your words, we truly appreciate your time and feedback. Valued guests’ comments are our most important resource to further improve our service. I have shared your constructive comments with the concerned managers.

I am delighted to read that you are thinking about visit us again; please do not hesitate to contact me personally for any necessary arrangement.

Best regards from Brussels;
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights, and they were not (too) bad
The Good:
Check-in/Check-out was very fast, professional staff in the front desk.
There was a kettle to make tea/coffee which was good touch

The Bad:
Very small room
I've asked for in room dinner (about 10:00 PM) but room service told me that they offer pizza only despite what is written on the hotel guide in room !!!
Expensive price compared to service offered

The others...
Breakfast buffet was normal, and not up to the standard other Hiltons I stayed in.
Standard facilities in room

Conclusion:
You need to go there only if you don't have other options with the same price

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Salfons
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
Hilton Brussels Grand Place
Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace
Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le...
#2 of 13 in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
Hotel BLOOM!
Hotel BLOOM!
#1 of 13 in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,776 reviews

Been to Hilton Brussels City? Share your experiences!