The hotel, as others have mentioned, is about a 15-20 minute walk from the Grand Place (down Rue Nueve which has really good shopping). In the other direction, Gard Noord (train station) is about a 10 minute walk- either through office parks or under a highway overpass and adjanct to the red-light district. I arrived at Gard Noord and couldn't convince the one taxi at the taxi stand to drive me to the hotel so I ended up walking and dragging my suitcases (this would repeat itself and I would just go to Gard Centrale and walk to the hotel from there, even as a single female traveling alone at night, because there were always crowds out and about).
The room was very modern, clean, and functional but small. There was hardly any space between the bed and the wall on one side and the built-in desk on the other. The bathroom fits only one person at a time. The layouts of the rooms/bathrooms vary, even on the HiltonHonors floor.
Staff was very friendly and helpful. Free appetizers in the bar during happy hour.
Would stay again, there was nothing wrong with the hotel, but the issue about getting cabs from the Gare Noord was a big drawback.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Highlights•Situated in the heart of Brussels near the Rue Neuve shopping district•A few minutes’ walk from Brussels Gare du Nord station•Close to World Trade Center and popular attractions including Grand Place City Square•Wireless internet access, business center and Scandinavian Wellness and Health Club •Bien Belge Living Lounge restaurant and bar serving Belgian specialties, fine wine and beerSituated in the center of downtown Brussels, within yards of Gare du Nord station and in close proximity to the Rue Neuve shopping district and the World Trade Center, the Hilton Brussels City hotel is the ideal place to stay when you are visiting Belgium’s capital. All the facilities are in place to allow you to remain productive during your stay. With wireless internet access, a business center and a range of meeting rooms you will be able to work with the minimum of hassle.After a busy day in Brussels or a long journey, you can relax and rejuvenate in the Scandinavian Wellness and Health Club and sample the delicious Flemish cuisine on offer in the Bien Belge Living Lounge restaurant and bar. Offering responsive service and stylish contemporary comfort in an enviable location, this Brussels hotel has everything you need to make the most of your stay in one of Europe’s most vibrant cities.Local Attractions •Stroll to Brussels’ famous Grand Place, the center of the Old City’s pavement café culture•Stop in at Marcolini’s Chocolatiers and buy some handmade Belgian chocolates to take home•Experience world class shops located on the Rue Neuve •Visit the Delerium Café•View one of the world’s finest collections of pre-modern art at the Musée d’Art Ancien ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Brussels City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Brussels City Hotel Saint-Josse-Ten-Noode
- Brussels Hilton
- Hilton Brussels City Belgium