2,740 results
All reviewsthe grand placedeluxe roombrussels citytrain stationminute walkbusiness hotelconvenient locationshopping streetgare ducity centrewaffleshonorseurossaunastatuseuropeslippers
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I stayed in this hotel while on business in Brussels in October 2012. I chose the hotel because of its proximity to my workplace, and in that respect, it is excellent. There is a nice shopping centre and a big shopping street right across from the hotel, which was very convenient also. The rooms are small, it must be said. The first room I was offered was right beside some kind of noisy heating unit, so I want back to reception and the staff were kind enough to find a quieter - and much nicer - room for me. I was very happy with all of the amenities - though it must be said that the staff could make a bit more of an effort to be friendly! All in all, though, I was quite happy with my stay.

However, problems arose on checkout when I found that my bill was a lot more than I expected. It took a couple of emails to the hotel to sort this out, and in the end, I was only charged what I had expected to pay. However, I found the attitude of the staff involved to be very arrogant, insisting that they were right and I was wrong, and it really took the shine off my stay. My advice: If you are entitled to a corporate or contract rate, make absolutely sure that this has been applied to your reservation BEFORE your stay - and check your bill to make sure that you have not been charged for hotel dining that is not your own!

Room Tip: If you're not happy with your room, ask if there is another one available.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank GannyGirl
Anais B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Brussels City, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Dear guest;

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this constructive feedback.

I am glad to see that you generally enjoyed your stay and especially the amenities; however I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences with the accuracy of bill. Also I am really alarmed by your comment regarding the arrogance of the staff who was dealing with your invoice, and I would also like to sincerely apologize for that. We will review this in details with the Front Office Manager.

I will personally follow up on these incidences in order to find out why you have not received the service that you rightly come to expect when staying with us. Please, could send me your complete name by message? I would like to investigate where the mistake has been made in order to avoid this kind of problems in the future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally before your next stay in Brussels as I will cover all necessary arrangements before your arrival.

Best regards,

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed here solo on a business trip. The lobby, entry, and restaurant are very attractive but the setting is very intimate. The staff if very attentive and speak outstanding English. I would recommend the breakfast buffet of dinner in the restaurant. Although meals in a hotel are going to be more expensive, I felt the food and service was excellent. I ordered salmon and an apple tart and it was prepared perfectly. The rooms are exactly as they appear in the pictures: Modern but very small, and well-worn. I haven't seen a non-flat panel tv in a hotel in years, but here one was in my room. Admittedly I can understand why the walls are somewhat banged up in my room: It's hard to unpack and put things away without whacking a wall with your suitcase or hangar. Oddly, the room had no drawers. Not one. I plan to return next year for a similar trip and will probably stay. I rate it average for the room and above average for the entryway style and decor and amenities.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Anais B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Brussels City, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Dear guest;

Thank you so much for your words, we truly appreciate your time and feedback. Valued guests’ comments are our most important resource to further improve our service. I have shared your constructive comments with the concerned managers.

I am delighted to read that you are thinking about visit us again; please do not hesitate to contact me personally for any necessary arrangement.

Best regards from Brussels;

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights, and they were not (too) bad
The Good:
Check-in/Check-out was very fast, professional staff in the front desk.
There was a kettle to make tea/coffee which was good touch

The Bad:
Very small room
I've asked for in room dinner (about 10:00 PM) but room service told me that they offer pizza only despite what is written on the hotel guide in room !!!
Expensive price compared to service offered

The others...
Breakfast buffet was normal, and not up to the standard other Hiltons I stayed in.
Standard facilities in room

Conclusion:
You need to go there only if you don't have other options with the same price

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Salfons
Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Spent 3 nights there last week and I have spent over 40 nights there in the last 7 years. Last weeks experience was the last straw. While the staff and location are generally solid. The facility is very, very tired and not particularly clean. This says it all- noticed a badly torn bed skirt that I mentioned to the front desk and they could not get it fixed for 3 days. Now can we talk about the lukewarm shower one morning and the shower door that had the seal completely removed so it leaked ALL over the bathroom floor....

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear guest,

I am very sorry to read that your recent stay with us did not live up to your expectations.

I have personally investigated the issues you have described with the shower. I can only apologize that we were unable to rectify this during your stay.

Please note that your comments have been taken on board for review and discussion with our management team.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally before your next stay in Brussels as I will be delighted to cover all necessary arrangements before your arrival.

Best regards,

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights at the beginning of my holiday.

Check in was good, staff were efficient and friendly, my room was good and the bathroom clean.

I like where the hotel was located - the area was good, close to shops and walking distance to the Grote Place and restaurants.

I had some issues with the lights in my room being broken - which I feel housekeeping should have picked up - having said that though as soon as I mentioned it to staff downstairs they had someone come up and repair them.

I like that the hotel put on a "cocktail hour" to meet and greet other hotel guests - it was a great initiative and whilst I was hesitant at first to attend, I am glad that I did.

You have to pay for WIFI in the hotel - but I have found that in the Hilton you usually do - the cost just varies - and this was not the most expensive.

The breakfast was really good in this hotel if you couldn't get out or like to eat early.

There was a good range of brochures on show for you to look and choose something to do, as well as being able to ask staff.

If I was in Brussels again, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Anais B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Brussels City, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear ELMOTJ;

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share this great feedback.

I am really happy to hear that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us, as it is our main priority to make feel the most comfortable and cared for.

We are already looking forward to welcome you back!

Best regards from Brussels,