Marion, the front desk manager, happily responded to our request to see our room, and allowed us to check in a few hours early, at no extra cost. She was charm itself, as were the other front desk staff, who spoke excellent English, and were always very happy to help, in any way they could.
Our room (708) was very comfortable, great king size bed, very clean, and very quiet. We had a deluxe room at the end of a corridor, chosen so it would be quiet. It was part of a very cheap Eurostar package.
If travelling on Eurostar, you can get a connecting train to Gare du Nord, from Gare Midi, courtesy of Eurostar ticket. Just following signs for Centre/Centrum on leaving Gare du Nord.
HOWEVER, get a taxi if arriving when dark (cost 14-20 euros), as Gare du Nord, and areas east and west of hotel are full of winos/homeless/hotels that rent by the hour etc. BUT don't let that put you off. The street leading to the Grand Place and all other attractions, is FINE and trouble free, only a ten minute walk, and there is a shopping precinct with a big Carrefour (only one in central Brussels) just opposite.
Breakfast is Excellent, e.g unlimited freshly squeezed orange juice, and unusually, SUPERB COFFEE, self dispensed from an espresso machine. We mixed espresso with capuccino to replicate our perfect coffee. Would happily stay there again, certainly for the price we paid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Highlights•Situated in the heart of Brussels near the Rue Neuve shopping district•A few minutes’ walk from Brussels Gare du Nord station•Close to World Trade Center and popular attractions including Grand Place City Square•Wireless internet access, business center and Scandinavian Wellness and Health Club •Bien Belge Living Lounge restaurant and bar serving Belgian specialties, fine wine and beerSituated in the center of downtown Brussels, within yards of Gare du Nord station and in close proximity to the Rue Neuve shopping district and the World Trade Center, the Hilton Brussels City hotel is the ideal place to stay when you are visiting Belgium’s capital. All the facilities are in place to allow you to remain productive during your stay. With wireless internet access, a business center and a range of meeting rooms you will be able to work with the minimum of hassle.After a busy day in Brussels or a long journey, you can relax and rejuvenate in the Scandinavian Wellness and Health Club and sample the delicious Flemish cuisine on offer in the Bien Belge Living Lounge restaurant and bar. Offering responsive service and stylish contemporary comfort in an enviable location, this Brussels hotel has everything you need to make the most of your stay in one of Europe’s most vibrant cities.Local Attractions •Stroll to Brussels’ famous Grand Place, the center of the Old City’s pavement café culture•Stop in at Marcolini’s Chocolatiers and buy some handmade Belgian chocolates to take home•Experience world class shops located on the Rue Neuve •Visit the Delerium Café•View one of the world’s finest collections of pre-modern art at the Musée d’Art Ancien ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Brussels City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Brussels City Hotel Saint-Josse-Ten-Noode
- Brussels Hilton
- Hilton Brussels City Belgium