We stayed as a group of friends on a Eurostar offer so stayed at this hotel for a heavily discounted price including breakfast.
Staff were wonderfully helpful, recommending a fantastic modern Mediterrean restaurant for our first night (Publico). We had a small disaster when our return Eurostar tickets went missing but the receptionist was lovely and contacted Eurostar on my behalf to make sure that the tickets could be reprinted.
Our group had three seperate rooms, I was disapointed to find that my room (631) was much smaller than my friends' (618), even though we'd all paid the same price.
I was also disapointed to find that the electricity wasn't working in the room (631) so as moved to the same room one floor up (731). Staff were efficient and very polite about the problem but it would have been nice to be offered something eg an upgrade to make up for the inconvenience of moving after a long and very humid journey.
Room 731 turned out to be very very hot as the air conditioning wasn't working.
Breakfast was generous and very tasty but the hotel was very busy and this led to long queues, especially for the tea and coffee machine.
The bar is very tastefully decorated and with a great drinks selection, but as a tip, the barman is very reluctant to open bottles of wine. I ordered Sauvignon Blanc and the barman did not ask which one of the two Sauvignon Blancs on the wine list I wanted and opened the Chilean. When I said I wanted the French, he refused as he had already opened the bottle of Chilean. On another night I ordered another glass of wine but as he was refused to pour a whole glass of wine, as this would have meant opening another bottle of wine. Why this is a problem in a bar of a busy city hotel, I don't know.
Hotel was great for the discounted price, but I don't think I would go there for full price!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Highlights•Situated in the heart of Brussels near the Rue Neuve shopping district•A few minutes’ walk from Brussels Gare du Nord station•Close to World Trade Center and popular attractions including Grand Place City Square•Wireless internet access, business center and Scandinavian Wellness and Health Club •Bien Belge Living Lounge restaurant and bar serving Belgian specialties, fine wine and beerSituated in the center of downtown Brussels, within yards of Gare du Nord station and in close proximity to the Rue Neuve shopping district and the World Trade Center, the Hilton Brussels City hotel is the ideal place to stay when you are visiting Belgium’s capital. All the facilities are in place to allow you to remain productive during your stay. With wireless internet access, a business center and a range of meeting rooms you will be able to work with the minimum of hassle.After a busy day in Brussels or a long journey, you can relax and rejuvenate in the Scandinavian Wellness and Health Club and sample the delicious Flemish cuisine on offer in the Bien Belge Living Lounge restaurant and bar. Offering responsive service and stylish contemporary comfort in an enviable location, this Brussels hotel has everything you need to make the most of your stay in one of Europe’s most vibrant cities.Local Attractions •Stroll to Brussels’ famous Grand Place, the center of the Old City’s pavement café culture•Stop in at Marcolini’s Chocolatiers and buy some handmade Belgian chocolates to take home•Experience world class shops located on the Rue Neuve •Visit the Delerium Café•View one of the world’s finest collections of pre-modern art at the Musée d’Art Ancien ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hilton Brussels City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Brussels City Hotel Saint-Josse-Ten-Noode
- Brussels Hilton
- Hilton Brussels City Belgium