“Good Value & Style”
Review of Hotel BLOOM!

Hotel BLOOM!
Reviewed February 22, 2010

I've stayed here a few times, and enjoy going back. Its a stylish boutique hotel, with individually styled arty rooms. It can be noisy if you are located at the front of the hotel, so worth paying more to have the back rooms with view. Recently prices have come down representing much better value. Location wise, stay on the main streets, from Rogier and Botanique, the back streets extending back to gare de nord are Brussels red light district.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (3,986)

Reviewed January 24, 2010

This hotel sounded so good on paper and looking at the website. Unfortunately the poor service began as soon as we checked in. The check in staff were humourless and not forthcoming with any information on the hotel or local area. Our room was fine, clean dn a pretty ok standard.
The location of the hotel is not good, it feels threatening outside and the walk into the centre of town goes through some fairly derelict areas which you would not want to walk alone through. More than once we felt threatened by gangs of people begging.
We were told the hotel bar was serving food in the evening, it was a Sunday so we understood it was a limited menu which was fine, however when we went down we were told the bar was closed for th night, despite places being set. We then went to clarify with reception who insisted it was open, when they phoned through to the bar we were then told it was fully booked, this clearly was not the case. The reception staff then suggested 2 local alternatives, both of which were closed.
All in all the attitude of the staff was appalling. I would not stay here again. avoid if possible.

Reviewed January 23, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for two nights, for a price of 150 eur per night, including breakfast.
The parking costed a 66 euro (!!!).

What I liked:
- big bright rooms, with a good bed
- each room has a different painting on the wall (mine was not very special alas)
- staff are friendly
- free wireless internet (very slow though)

What I didn't like:
- lack of customer service: not because they are not friendly, but just because there aren't enough around to help I guess. For example: long rows for checking in and out. When I wanted to pay the parking (machine was broken) I had to wait for a very long time (more than 20 minutes) because at this "peak time" there was only one employee behind the reception. The manager passed by, but didn't react at all.
- make sure to have a room with a renovated bath room. Mine (4th floor) was very worn off and not very clean (hair in the bath tub). Also the furniture in my room was not very nice (cheap quality with alrady a lot of damaged corners!)
- bar looks nice but is very expensive (compared to normal Belgian prices) and very slow service.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 15, 2010

I don't like typical, boring looking hotels so I always look for somehting unique and with a character. Bloom offer exactly that. It is super cool looking with great and modern decor. Each room has a different mural on the wall. I got the cheapest room and it was big with large windows and a huge bed. Wehn booking this hotel look for an option with breakfast - good one with many choices. I got a rate with breakfast which was the same as without breakfast on other sites. If you want to buy breakfast additionally you have to pay 25 euros!!!

Bloom has free wireless Internet and a very hip bar in the lobby, which is quite well known in the city so many interesting people come and mingle. The only bad part about this hotel is its staff. Not very friendly and they simply don't care and have an arrogant attitude. So sad because the hotel is really cool!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed January 14, 2010

We were only at Bloom for one night, and I have to admit bruxelles was not my favorite city, so may color my review. The hotel is clean and uber-modern, and the room was nice and large. There is a bar in the lobby, and a breakfast hall, but the breakfast is quite expensive- 20 euro each...I'm not that into breakfast! My husband and I found it a little odd, the staff all have fake names, an interesting idea, but....weird. The girls are all named after flowers, but I guess the boys have free range, as "Superman" called our cab. My only complaint is that it is a solid 20 minute walk to the Grand Place, with a whole lot of traffic, noise, grit and smog in the middle. Stay closer, since this town isn't known as a beautiful walking city....

Reviewed January 11, 2010

I'm going to be brutally honest. Hotel bloom looked promising. Unique murals in each room was a definite draw for us, and the pictures of the lobby make it look like a fantastic boutique hotel. We have stayed in many boutique hotels and basically Bloom is a poorly renovated budget hotel: The rooms clearly reflect this.

While the furniture is updated and modern, like that in the lobby, the rest of the room is circa 1980s Motel-6 quality. The old windows had water collecting in their frames, and mildew underneath the windowsills. They also had such a draft so bad, that it blew the curtains when closed. The valance wasn't flush with the ceiling on one side. The ceiling is popcorn style with waves and ridges (possibly due to repairs?) all over.

The bathroom is outdated with grout discoloured in many places. This might sound nit-picky, but both the room and bathroom doors and fittings are old and out of place in a modern boutique-wannabe hotel. Attention to detail is clearly lacking- the artist statement on the wall, explaining the unique wall mural, is not grammar-checked and appears to be pasted over an old artist statement which can be seen underneath. All details that wouldn't be overlooked in a good modern boutique hotel, and anyone with a minute sense of interior design and decor would notice.

The room was freezing cold when we arrived, and the heater took about 24 hours to make the room feel warm/ at normal room temperature, though still with the cold draft from the window. Some pro's are that the room itself is America-sized, if you like that. Spread all your stuff out. A safe and small refrigerator are also provided. The free carbonated water was very good- very fizzy, if you like that.

Cleanliness-wise, the room itself was acceptable, but the bathroom had water stains or marks all over the shabby wallpapered walls, and a dirty mirror. Hardly any toilet paper left on the roll, and as mentioned before the severely discoloured/stained/mildewed (who knows, didn't want to find out) grout.

We didn't try the restaurant, so I don't have an opinion. We didn't participate in the laughable 25 euro per person breakfast either.

I really can't understand the glowing reviews for this place, unless you slept in the lobby, which is the nicest thing about this hotel, or are used to Motel-6 type establishments.

Hotel concept is good, but execution beyond the lobby is poor.

Reviewed January 11, 2010

It was our first time in Brussels and we checked into Hotel Bloom. It was lovely at first sight but the hotel staff were plain rude and impolite. Rooms were comfortable but when asked for room slippers, staff simply said 'Only for VIPs' or 'Room slippers are not part of your package hotel deal'. As it was snowing heavily with bad weather condition in Brussels, our boots were soaked with water and all we wanted were just a pair of room slippers for us to step into the room, hygenically.

So, we gave up asking for slippers because we were not entitled to have one. When we checked out, the staff at desk wasn't delighted to serve us. She even issued the wrong amount and I specifically asked for a revised version of the receipt. To my suprise, she said "No, I can't do that for you". I didn't know what to say next - either she was dumb enough or she needs IT training. It was not a rocket science task, to get a revised receipt. To top that off, she was staring and me, giving me a very pretentious face the whole time.

One more thing to add is the horrendous food served in the restaurant. 25 Euro per person for a breakfast and it wasn't even good! The scramble eggs look like some beaten yellow powder all mixed together with water. Waffles were hard and cold.

No, I WOULD NOT recommend this hotel to anyone. Location was so-so. Better off getting a hotel near the city with the same price.

Also, remember to bring your own universal adapter/plug as the hotel charges 5.50euro for it, or better - bring your own room slippers during winter season.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hw3i
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
Made in Louise
#6 of 22 in Saint-Gilles
Radisson RED Brussels
Radisson RED Brussels
#3 of 15 in Ixelles

Been to Hotel BLOOM!? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel BLOOM!

Address: Rue Royale 250, Saint-Josse-ten-Noode, Brussels 1210, Belgium
Location: Belgium > Brussels > Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
#1 Best Value Hotel in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
#1 Romantic Hotel in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
#1 Luxury Hotel in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
Price Range: $86 - $160 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Hotel BLOOM! 4*
Hotel BLOOM! is an artwork in perpetual evolution... A unique hotel in the heart of Brussels where no two rooms are alike. Each light-filled room is decorated with a unique hand painted fresco created by a young European artist. You can pick a room to your own taste. From sober to crazy: the choice is all yours.Whether you’re here to work or to have fun, at BLOOM! you will immediately feel a creative vibe that will inspire you and bring you new ideas. Stay with us and live a unique experience. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel BLOOM! reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Bloom Hotel Brussels