“cheap and basic, but a surprise at breakfast”
Review of Hotel Siru

Hotel Siru
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Hotel Siru looks like and is a basic budget hotel, that may have been cutting edge in the 1990's - however it has faded and like most fashion has quickly looked dated and tired.

However the Hotel is clear and tidy and at breakfast you appear to walk from one hotel to another, much nicer hotel with a fantastic breakfast room and bar.

It has a great central location which is minutes from the metro and is ideal for a bargain cheap stay.

Room Tip: Check out the bar and restaurant, much better than the reception would suggests.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Nikki_on_the_trail
Victor C, Directeur général at Hotel Siru, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Muddydolphin,

I thank you for sharing your stay at the hotel Siru with us on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed the good location and the cleanliness of the hotel as well as the price of your room for your stay.

We always do our best in order to satisfy our guest and we are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again at the hotel Siru during your next stay in Brussels.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Basic but clean and comfortable hotel near gare du nord and rogier metro station, also only 15 min walk to grand place. Staff not unfriendly, bed clean, shower room has soap etc. most importantly, it was quite cheap! Note traffic noise if you are a light sleeper.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Prof_Hatman

Dear Prof_Hatman,

I thank you for sharing your kind comment with us about your stay in our hotel Siru.

I am glad to read that you appreciate the cleanliness and the good location of the hotel.

All the staff of the hotel do their best in order to satisfy all our guest and I am pleased to read that you like our staff and the fact that your room was at a good price for you.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you at the hotel Siru during your next stay in Brussels.

Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very well placed with respect to EC premises at Rogier and is also at walking distance from city centre. Recently renovated (?): rather impersonal and unimpressive style. I stayed one night in a double room. Room was quite small but clean and with a comfortable bathroom. Somewhat quirky keycard system for doors and lift. Overall, an adequate solution for a short business trip.

Victor C, Directeur général at Hotel Siru, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear GMicheli,

I thank you for sharing your stay at the hotel Siru with us on TripAdvisor.

I am glad that you appreciated our hotel during your business trip, as it is not far to the city centre and also to the EC offices.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again in the future at the hotel Siru during your next stay in Brussels.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

My initial and lasting reaction was negative! The exterior is not great and the lobby smelled musty and old. The decor was surprisingly bad. Not that this should matter, but the holiday decorations were comical. Strands of cheap silver garland were taped up here and there. It looked like a child decorated their lobby. Strange. Initially, at checkin the person at the front desk was not that nice, but then I guess he warmed upto me and he was then very helpful. This was the most positive part of my experience at this hotel, besides an unusually large bathroom. I apologize, one other positive was the close proximity to the main square. We were able to walk there and watch an amazing light show on New Year's Eve. The elevator was tiny. Not uncommon and not a big deal. I hated the room. I slept I am sure a total of 30 minutes the night that I stayed there and I was so glad that it was for only one night. I was worried about the cleanliness of the room. The carpet was visibly filthy and the decor was so cheap. I felt like I was staying in a college dorm room. The television and the telephone did not work. The response was that the phone had to be activated. No one was working that could check out the television. There was a refrigerator but it was unplugged and hot. There wasn't a safe which is something we always look for to store passports etc when we leave the hotel. We paid 150 euro to stay in this hotel, it was New Years Eve, but I still felt like I was ripped off. Someone at the front desk informed my friend the normal rate is 49 Euro. I do not recommend this hotel. I would not ever stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Victor C, Directeur général at Hotel Siru, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Dear Susan F,

First of all, I would like to thank you for sharing your stay at the hotel Siru with us on TripAdvisor.

I am sorry to read that your stay was not as what you did expected but I am glad to learn that you enjoyed the location of the hotel which is near the city centre.

All our rooms have a safe. In case you needed to use it, you could have asked the reception and they would have been pleased to give you the key of the safe in order for you to leave your important things.

About the price of 49 Euros, I don’t know who gave you that price because the rate for the rooms at the hotel Siru depend of the season and of the specials events in Brussels.

Despite your experience, we hope to have the pleasure and the luck to welcome you at the hotel Siru during your next stay in Brussels.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

The hotel is quite basic but if you are looking for something near EC offices than its fine. Average hotel, the lift is not very big so can't get in more than 2 people with suitcases. Hotel was quite clean.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Victor C, Directeur général at Hotel Siru, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Dear Deepa V,

I thank you for taking time to share your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

I am glad that you enjoyed the location of our hotel and that you appreciated the cleanliness of the hotel.

We really hope to have the pleasure to welcome you at the hotel Siru for your next stay in Brussels.

Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Compared to the Ramada Apollo in Amsterdam which we had just stayed rooms average small... more along lines of an etap travel lodge but on plus side U have access to the adjacent hotels for access around Brussels good location..STAFF lovely....and very clean

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank chevvy53
Victor C, Directeur général at Hotel Siru, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Dear Chevvy53,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking time to share with us your recent stay at the hotel Siru.

We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed the location of the hotel, the fact that you can go to our other hotels without having to go outside, the cleanliness of the hotel and the kindness of our staff.

We always do our best in order to satisfy our guests and we will continue in that way.

Best Regards,

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stayed during November for works trip. Staff always friendly, room clean, but barely space to walk around the beds. No heating in bathroom so that was always freezing, actual room pretty stuffy. Location is good. Price was higher than normal because of an exhibition in city but was better than others in same area. The worst part was breakfast - 15 euro each for a continental choice - after getting stung for that one morning we walked around the corner to a coffee shop and had similar for 15 euro for the 3 of us!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Victoria D
Victor C, Directeur général at Hotel Siru, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

Dear Victoria D,

We would like to thank you for your kind feedback about your recent stay at the hotel Siru.

We are glad to read that you found our staff always friendly and that you appreciated the cleanliness of your room. We try to be and to do the best we can in order to satisfy our guests.

The breakfast we suggest to our guests is a full and beautiful continental breakfast with a lot of choice and this is why we ask that price.

Despite this, we hope that we will have the chance and the pleasure to welcome you at the Hotel Siru for your next stay in Brussels.

Best Regards,
Victor Camhis

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
0 mi away
#4 of 13 in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre
Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre
#3 of 13 in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode

Been to Hotel Siru? Share your experiences!