“OK for business at nearby EC offices”
Review of Hotel Siru

Hotel Siru
Rome, Italy
“OK for business at nearby EC offices”
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very well placed with respect to EC premises at Rogier and is also at walking distance from city centre. Recently renovated (?): rather impersonal and unimpressive style. I stayed one night in a double room. Room was quite small but clean and with a comfortable bathroom. Somewhat quirky keycard system for doors and lift. Overall, an adequate solution for a short business trip.

Victor C, Directeur général at Hotel Siru, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear GMicheli,

I thank you for sharing your stay at the hotel Siru with us on TripAdvisor.

I am glad that you appreciated our hotel during your business trip, as it is not far to the city centre and also to the EC offices.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again in the future at the hotel Siru during your next stay in Brussels.

Victor Camhis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 11, 2013

My initial and lasting reaction was negative! The exterior is not great and the lobby smelled musty and old. The decor was surprisingly bad. Not that this should matter, but the holiday decorations were comical. Strands of cheap silver garland were taped up here and there. It looked like a child decorated their lobby. Strange. Initially, at checkin the person at the front desk was not that nice, but then I guess he warmed upto me and he was then very helpful. This was the most positive part of my experience at this hotel, besides an unusually large bathroom. I apologize, one other positive was the close proximity to the main square. We were able to walk there and watch an amazing light show on New Year's Eve. The elevator was tiny. Not uncommon and not a big deal. I hated the room. I slept I am sure a total of 30 minutes the night that I stayed there and I was so glad that it was for only one night. I was worried about the cleanliness of the room. The carpet was visibly filthy and the decor was so cheap. I felt like I was staying in a college dorm room. The television and the telephone did not work. The response was that the phone had to be activated. No one was working that could check out the television. There was a refrigerator but it was unplugged and hot. There wasn't a safe which is something we always look for to store passports etc when we leave the hotel. We paid 150 euro to stay in this hotel, it was New Years Eve, but I still felt like I was ripped off. Someone at the front desk informed my friend the normal rate is 49 Euro. I do not recommend this hotel. I would not ever stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Victor C, Directeur général at Hotel Siru, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Susan F,

First of all, I would like to thank you for sharing your stay at the hotel Siru with us on TripAdvisor.

I am sorry to read that your stay was not as what you did expected but I am glad to learn that you enjoyed the location of the hotel which is near the city centre.

All our rooms have a safe. In case you needed to use it, you could have asked the reception and they would have been pleased to give you the key of the safe in order for you to leave your important things.

About the price of 49 Euros, I don’t know who gave you that price because the rate for the rooms at the hotel Siru depend of the season and of the specials events in Brussels.

Despite your experience, we hope to have the pleasure and the luck to welcome you at the hotel Siru during your next stay in Brussels.

Victor Camhis

Travelers are raving about these Saint-Josse-ten-Noode hotels

London
Reviewed December 3, 2012

The hotel is quite basic but if you are looking for something near EC offices than its fine. Average hotel, the lift is not very big so can't get in more than 2 people with suitcases. Hotel was quite clean.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Victor C, Directeur général at Hotel Siru, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Deepa V,

I thank you for taking time to share your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

I am glad that you enjoyed the location of our hotel and that you appreciated the cleanliness of the hotel.

We really hope to have the pleasure to welcome you at the hotel Siru for your next stay in Brussels.

West Midlands, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Compared to the Ramada Apollo in Amsterdam which we had just stayed rooms average small... more along lines of an etap travel lodge but on plus side U have access to the adjacent hotels for access around Brussels good location..STAFF lovely....and very clean

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank chevvy53
Victor C, Directeur général at Hotel Siru, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Chevvy53,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking time to share with us your recent stay at the hotel Siru.

We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed the location of the hotel, the fact that you can go to our other hotels without having to go outside, the cleanliness of the hotel and the kindness of our staff.

We always do our best in order to satisfy our guests and we will continue in that way.

Hereford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stayed during November for works trip. Staff always friendly, room clean, but barely space to walk around the beds. No heating in bathroom so that was always freezing, actual room pretty stuffy. Location is good. Price was higher than normal because of an exhibition in city but was better than others in same area. The worst part was breakfast - 15 euro each for a continental choice - after getting stung for that one morning we walked around the corner to a coffee shop and had similar for 15 euro for the 3 of us!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Victoria D
Victor C, Directeur général at Hotel Siru, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear Victoria D,

We would like to thank you for your kind feedback about your recent stay at the hotel Siru.

We are glad to read that you found our staff always friendly and that you appreciated the cleanliness of your room. We try to be and to do the best we can in order to satisfy our guests.

The breakfast we suggest to our guests is a full and beautiful continental breakfast with a lot of choice and this is why we ask that price.

Despite this, we hope that we will have the chance and the pleasure to welcome you at the Hotel Siru for your next stay in Brussels.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Stayed at this hotel in October 2012, payed 60 eur for 1 night in a single bedroom.

Area is a bit dull but you are just a few minutes walk from the main sights and shopping streets (I arrived by train to Gare Nord railway station which is also very close). Closest metro station is Rogier which is a few seconds walk from the hotel.

I suspect I was upgraded to a double room, which was very nice, spacious, clean and had a nice view from the fifth floor. Slight noise intrusion from the hallway but nothing major,

The room and ensuite bathroom had a fresh feel to it. Bed was very comfortable and everything was very clean. Wifi worked without any problems.

Two things: Key card system was a bit of a mystey to me at first as I was used to a different system, but read on the back of your key card and you'll be aright. Also I could only find one electrical outlet in the entire room and on in the bathroom.

Hotel has a secure luggage room which is nice.

Did not try the breakfast as it was not included and there were many cafés around.

Staff was friendly enough!

Only reason it doesn't get 5/5 was that the breakfast was not included.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank TravelingNormands
Victor C, Directeur général at Hotel Siru, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear JohnnyBoiii,

We would like to thank you for your kind message and to take time to share your mind about your stay at the hotel Siru.

We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel in Brussels and that you liked the room we assigned to you for your stay. We are pleased to learn that you have appreciated that your bed was so comfortable in your room and that the hotel was good located.

We are sorry that there were not enough electrical outlet for you in your room and we have taken note of this.

We thank you once again for your kind comment and hope to have the pleasure to welcome you soon at the hotel Siru in Brussels.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed the night of 16th October. While there was lots of Scottish football fans in town that night generating demand, charging > €300 for a small room with plenty of outside noise and minimal facilities was pure rip off.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank LooneyTours
Victor C, Directeur général at Hotel Siru, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear LooneyTours,

First of all, we would like to thank you for sharing with us your experience at Hotel Siru on TripAdvisor.

We are very sorry that you were disappointed by your stay and we sincerely regret that the delivered service didn’t meet your expectations.

Despite the football game and the noise outside, Hotel Siru is generally considered, by our customers, as meeting rather well the standards and level of service it aims to deliver.

Despite your disappointment, we hope that you will give us the chance, during a next stay at Hotel Siru, to prove you that we can deliver a much better service quality as the one you unfortunately received.

Victor Camhis,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
Hotel des Colonies
Hotel Queen Anne
Hotel Queen Anne
#100 of 199 in Brussels
Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace
Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le...
#2 of 13 in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode

Been to Hotel Siru? Share your experiences!