“Rip-off”
Review of Hotel Siru

Hotel Siru
“Rip-off”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed the night of 16th October. While there was lots of Scottish football fans in town that night generating demand, charging > €300 for a small room with plenty of outside noise and minimal facilities was pure rip off.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank LooneyTours
Victor C, Directeur général at Hotel Siru, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear LooneyTours,

First of all, we would like to thank you for sharing with us your experience at Hotel Siru on TripAdvisor.

We are very sorry that you were disappointed by your stay and we sincerely regret that the delivered service didn’t meet your expectations.

Despite the football game and the noise outside, Hotel Siru is generally considered, by our customers, as meeting rather well the standards and level of service it aims to deliver.

Despite your disappointment, we hope that you will give us the chance, during a next stay at Hotel Siru, to prove you that we can deliver a much better service quality as the one you unfortunately received.

Victor Camhis,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
dublin, ireland
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The rooms are small. The bathroom is very clean and works well. The curtains don't keep out the light well enough. I could clearly hear conversation from the next door room until 2am. I am a heavy sleeper, you might not be so lucky.

The cost was about €120/night which is only OK compared to the huge prices in other Brussels city hotels that week (200-250 night).

There is an odd smell in the corridors and reception but I can live with that. Staff are friendly. Free WiFi

The location is central and near the metro.

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Victor C, Directeur général at Hotel Siru, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Nyomnyom,

We would like to thank you for sharing with us your experience at Hotel Siru.

We are very happy to hear that you especially enjoyed the cleanliness of the room and bathroom, the friendliness of the staff, the good and central location of the hotel as well as the free wireless in the room.

Regarding the curtain and the odd smell, I can assure you that your feedback will seriously be taken into consideration so that further action can be completed in order to improve the quality of our hotel.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back at Hotel Siru.

Kind regards,
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 10, 2012

All previous reviews are correct, great hotel. Great position. Only one problem...
Maybe I'm fussy, but to me the joint smelt funny. I think the corridors in particular, and the rooms to a lesser extent , are not cleaned properly. Not so bad cause it's not your room, but there is defintley a sour smell in the hallway.

Room Tip: Some rooms are on the main road, and are noisy.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Victor C, Directeur général at Hotel Siru, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Dear Tony U,

We would like to thank you for sharing with us your experience at Hotel Siru.

We are happy to hear that you agree with fact that our hotel is great and well located.

Regarding the unpleasant smell, this is a bit weird because as you had probably read in the previous comments, our hotel is rather know as fresh and clean. This is as least what most of the customers notice and share in their comments.

But be sure that our Housekeeping Department has been informed and they will take necessary action so that it doesn’t happen anymore.

We would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused. We hope that it didn’t disrupt your stay and that you enjoyed your visit in Brussels.

Despite this, we hope that we will have the chance to welcome you again at Hotel Siru.

Victor Camhis

Travelers are raving about these Saint-Josse-ten-Noode hotels

São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I booked a room at Hotel Siru 3 hours before getting there because we found a great deal (around 50 euros a night) and the reviews were pretty good.

We arrived at 7pm and left the bags at the reception to go to the supermarket. Raschid (I really hope I'm writing his name write as he was super nice) at the reception advised us on where to go to buy wine at the time and where to get there. The room is small but it's more than enough if you want a place to shower and sleep, and it was super clean. The shower is good and the internet is fast. What more could you want?

On the next day we left our bags at the reception again and had lunch on a nearby steakhouse (lot of restaurants and bars around) and on a thai/vietnamese later. The main attractions are really close by and we have been everywhere by feet, plus there's a shopping mall and a tram station 2 minutes away.

It's not a romantic or luxury hotel but definitely worth if you want to explore the city.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Victor C, Directeur général at Hotel Siru, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Dear Mariana C.,

We would like to thank you for your review that you shared with us on TripAdvisor.
Thank you for your nice and motivating comments that I have forwarded with the mentioned employee you can be sure.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed both the location and the room, especially the cleanliness, the shower and the internet.

Such comments are the best reward we can hope for and proof that our efforts are improving your stay. I promise you that we will continue to do our best to increase our guests’ satisfaction.

We really hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again at Hotel Siru.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 25, 2012

It is a very laid back hotel. The people at the desk, and the cleaners, were very friendly and helpful. I stayed for almost two weeks, because it was usually the best deal around, or not far from it. And, honestly, I was plain lazy. I stayed in 3 different rooms. I paid between 55 and 65 euro a day depending (I was rebooking every few nights) on the time of week. The rooms are nondescript. Unique photography throughout the hotel. The rooms were worth the 50 euros for such a beautiful city like Brussels. One complaint: The manager should learn to smile and be, well, more hospitable. :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Victor C, Directeur général at Hotel Siru, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear Xosgul,

We would like to thank you for giving us a feedback about your experience at Hotel Siru. Be sure that I have transmitted your compliments to the concerned employees.

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed most of the two weeks you spent with us. We are sorry that you didn't really like the atmosphere of the hotel, which is usually rather considered as modern, design, colorful and young.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again at Hotel Siru.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I stayed in a single room for two nights in late July 2012. From the moment I arrived I was surprised at how sleek and modern Hotel Siru is for a budget hotel - especially the signage outside the entrance! My (basic single) room was larger than expected, had a very good shower (hot and with nice handheld showerhead no less!), a perfectly comfy double bed, a good-sized Sony flatscreen TV (which I wasn't expecting!) and was overall a brightly decorated, cheerful modern room. A rather old minifridge was a little dirty and was unplugged when I arrived, and never seemed to get particularly cold even when it was plugged in. The rest of the room, however, was 5-star spotless - for a budget hotel, the cleaning staff deserve utmost praise.

The location is stellar - you're a one-minute walk from Rogiers station which can take you to any of the other main stations quickly, and only 5-10 minutes from Gare du Nord for most intercity travel. A walk to the main tourist sights (Grote Markt, for example) is around 20 minutes. I was on the fifth floor and had no complaints about noise (not a lot of nightlife in hearing distance) but the room across from me had very loud parties until 4am both nights which kept me up. Still, this group was exceptionally loud - not the hotel's fault and not something fair to hold against it.

Overall, don't expect a 5-star hotel and you'll be very pleasantly surprised by the cheerful, well-maintained and well-located Hotel Siru.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank goyston
Dear Visualdichotomy,

We would like to thank you for sharing with us your experience at Hotel Siru.

We are very pleased to hear that you had a great time with us and that you enjoyed your stay.
Be sure that I have forwarded your nice comments to both operational and management teams.

I can promise you that we will continue to do our best to always better meet our guests' expectations.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again at Hotel Siru.

Kind regards,
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 17, 2012

This pleasant hotel is a few minutes walk from the 'Gare du Nord', is adjacent to a metro station and with probably the best shopping street in Brussels 'Rue Neuve' being within two hundred metres. There is a very large shopping mall a few minutes walk away with a huge Carrefour Super Market from where it is possible to purchase all types of ready prepared snacks and items required for the room in the hotel. The hotel room does not provide facilities to boil water, so a tip is to take a small electric water heater element with you. Another small shopping mall across the road from the hotel provides excellent continental breakfasts for four euros. Great value. The hotel does have a nice breakfast room providing ample and diverse breakfasts for 12 Euros. However, I did not use it due to constraints of time in the mornings.
My room was immaculate and modern with a lovely bathroom, and there was adequate provisions for clothing etc....
I found the staff to be co-operative, kind and very helpful indeed. An adapter was provided for me, as my own was not compatible and I required a power point for making coffee and for recharging my razor and mobile phone.
This nice hotel, so reasonably priced, is opposite the Crown Plaza, adjacent to the Hilton and many other world famous hotels. Street noise was no problem. The paramount advantage for me was that the hotel is so close to the 'Gare du Nord' (Railway station) and the City Centre.
Being over 65 years of age I was able to travel, with limited restrictions, over the complete Belgian rail system for 5 Euros 30 cents, with no requirement to purchase a travel card. Do not be caught using this facility if you are under 65 years of age. The penalties are severe. Identification must be carried. On arrival at Brussels Midi station by Eurostar, Thalys and international trains, simply continue to the Gare du Nord at no extra cost. On leaving the station via the exit to Place Rogier the hotel Siru can be seen, clearly marked, from the station exit, on the right hand side of the Rue du Progres. So easy.
To summarise, I found this hotel to be comfortable and reasonable in price, together with being in the centre of Brussels, with adequate and indeed pleasant modern rooms and friendly staff.
During my stay I went down to Luxembourg by train and paid an excess to cover the journey from Arlon to Luxembourg City.
I booked my rail ticket and the hotel combined through the medium of Eurostar, cross channel high speed train from London. Journey time about 120 minutes. The hotel component cost me £206 for the four nights. Believe me this is very good value indeed, and I will certainly be going again in the autumn.
A piece of sound advice is that if you have any knowledge of French, and you leave Brussels to go south to the Ardennes to have a look at Namur, Liege, Verviers or the battle fields of the
1944 offensive, then revise your French, to your decided advantage. The German speaking area of Eupen, Sankt Vith is yet another fascinating area to visit and is 'The third Belgium'. In the north everyone speaks English, but people are more than happy if you use them as a means of using your knowledge of Dutch. For goodness do not try French on them. It is not appreciated.
To my friends at the Siru, thanks for your kindness, and putting up with my limited French, and a bientot. Merci bien!

Room Tip: It may be advisable to avoid rooms looking out over Place Rogier, however I found no trouble from no...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank pastisbilly
Victor C, Directeur général at Hotel Siru, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Dear Customer,

We would like to thank you for the nice, warm and sincere feedback that you shared with us on TripAdvisor. Be sure that I have forwarded all the mentioned aspects and details to the concerned employees. Such comments are the best reward we can hope for in the hospitality industry, as our only purpose is the satisfaction of our customer.

We are very glad that you enjoyed the functionality of the room, the convenience of the bathroom, the central position of the hotel and the friendliness of the staff.

I can promise you that we will continue in this direction to constantly improve the quality of our delivered service.

We are already looking forward to welcome you again at Hotel Siru.

Victor Camhis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
Hotel des Colonies
#9 of 13 in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
Hilton Brussels City
Hilton Brussels City
#4 of 13 in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode

Been to Hotel Siru? Share your experiences!