“A pleasant experience with SIRU.”
Review of Hotel Siru

Hotel Siru
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Stayed at Hotel SIRU for 3 nights being on a Round Table conference next door,

First of all, the welcome from Goshja was very good and she explained the terms and rates for my intended stay, I was actually surprised that the rates i was given were better than on the internet, and even more; before coming to Brussels on the internet you had no space as compared to when i walked in. Anyway, all went well !

I must admit that the size of the rooms were quite small, but very functional as i was just meant to sleep and shower there. An iron was also available at reception if required - free of charge.
Good pressure in the shower and nice hot water. The room was clean and so was the shower and toilets. No air-conditionning in the rooms, which was not an issue for me.

Breakfast, was not included in my package and was at extra costs, which actually suited me as i never have time to have it anyway.

Security for the door and elevator works well, specially when you come back late at night.

What i really enjoyed, was their proximity to the Rogier railway station and their location plan in the middle of the city. Its at walking page from nearly everything.

On Sunday, i had to leave the hotel at noon to catch my train and with my big bags and a pouring rain, 20 meters away was the Sheraton Taxi place.

So thanks again to Gosja for this stay and keep the good work.

Room Tip: Higher floors are less prone street noises at night.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank JP_Bellerose
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Dear Customer,

We really would like to thank you for your detailed review about your stay at Hotel Siru. Positive comments like yours are the best reward we can hope for, as we do our best everyday to satisfy our customers. Be sure that I have shared your feedback with all the staff of the hotel and especially with the employee mentioned.

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed both room and location of the hotel. We hope that we will be able to welcome you back at Hotel Siru very soon.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Siru

Reviewed June 18, 2012

All rooms are very small except the rooms at the corner of the hotel. The hotel is solely for business trips but again I would not suggest but for people who just want a clean bed just for sleep. The breakfast is charged extra 12 Euros (I do not suggest it) and is downstairs in a rather sultry place.

However, the location of the hotel is excellent in Place Rogier, next to Hilton, Crown Plaza and Sheraton. The shopping mall is at the other side of the road.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank 123_athens_123
Victor C, Directeur général at Hotel Siru, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2012

Dear Customer,

Before all, we would like to thank you for having shared your experience with us. We sincerely regret that you didn’t really enjoy your stay at hotel Siru. Concerning the size of the room, they aim to be functional at first; as the length of stay is rather.

Concerning the breakfast, actions have already been taken to improve the quality and the offer but we will continue our efforts to meet always better our customers’ expectations.

Despite our disappointment, we hope that you will give us the chance to prove you that we really take into consideration the comments of our customers to serve them always better.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights on a business trip to Brussels. First the good. Fairly cheap for Brussels (around €90 per night , breakfast is @10 euro extra so didn't bother). Friendly and helpful staff. Good location very near the Rogier Metro stop (about 3 mins walk) and about 20 mins walk from the Grand Place. Clean and quite modern rooms. Now the bad. Noisy. My room fronted the street opposite the Hotel Sheraton and the comings and goings of taxis and cleaning wagons and so on all night would put off light sleepers. But it is in the middle of a capital city so what do you expect I suppose. Other bad thing was that the "double bed" was actually two single pushed together with a sheet over it. OK if you are are on your own but not OK I reckon if there was two of you.
Didn't have breakfast so didn't use the breakfast area. Didn't check if it had a bar but i don't think it had. Not really a problem though as its very close to bars and restaurants. Conclusion? I would stay again. Definitely. Cheap and safe and friendly and well located. Thats enough for me!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are probably quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
HotelSiru, Directeur général at Hotel Siru, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2012

Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor, we really appreciate the effort.

We are delighted to hear, in general, you enjoyed your stay in Hotel Siru.

I’ve taken carefully note of your comments about the beds, please be assured I’ve forwarded the remark to the head of the concerning department.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you back, we thank you again for your nice comments.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

This place was like a youth hostel, rooms were very cold, atmosphere, quality...

I had housekeeping knocking my door at 0600 wanting to clean the room despite me checking out same afternoon, they were so persistent I had to eventually open the door and tell them politely to go away and stop knocking the damn door!!

I paid over €200 for one night, hotel true value would be €30 per night...

They share the building with three other hotels, thus the breakfast lobby is shared too!!

Rooms were really dreadful, basic, under furnished and very, very overpriced.....!!

Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
HotelSiru, Directeur général at Hotel Siru, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

Dear Guest,

I’ve taken carefully note of your comments concerning the early cleaning of your room, the price and your remarks about the rooms and the building.

Please be assured that comments like yours are taken seriously, I’ve forwarded all the messages to the concerning head of department.

Despite your disappointment, I really hope you will give us the chance to welcome you back at Hotel Siru.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

Lets just say that due to an exhibition in Brussels the hotel SIRU took full advatage of the limited hotel availability.

The hotel is situated close the the metro and arond 20 minutes walk to the grand Plaza.

The hotel room was small and dirty, the wind blew through the window so much that the curtain moved most of the time (it was very wet and windy in Brussels last week).

There is no buiness cenre and the free wifi was not working, Breakfast was in the hotel next door with a very limited offering for breakfast.

I was in room 706 and kept awake most of the night from the draft from the room and the noise of the traffic , the traffic noise reduced betweem 3.00am and 06.00am: you would have thought that in this day and age double glazing would be a priority.

The hotel charged €260 per night so for 3 nights € 780 !!!

On checking out O overheard a customer asking for one nights accomadition after the exibition has ended ...amazingly quoted €87 ....if he had been quoted €40 i would have said well thats what you get for €40

This type of excessive charges for poor hotels can only lead to one thing....a lasting memory of being ripped off in Brussels

Room Tip: Find an alternative hotel
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
HotelSiru, Directeur général at Hotel Siru, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I’m very sorry to hear our services were not at your satisfaction.
I have taken carefully not of your comments about the rooms, the WIFI, the breakfast, … and please be assured I’ve forwarded the message to the managers of the concerning departments.

Despite your disappointment, we hope you will give us the chance to prove you that comments like yours are taken seriously and we’re looking forward welcoming you back of Hotel Siru.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Good Location close to everything , Friendly Staff ,Clean small room ,free wi-fi

Room Tip: Higher floor is better
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
HotelSiru, Directeur général at Hotel Siru, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

We’re delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay in Brussels, and we appreciate your kind comments about Hotel Siru.

Please be assured that we shared your remarks with all the staff of the hotel.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you back at Hotel Siru, may I take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed April 12, 2012

After reading some reviews I booked a tower room in this hotel with a friend.
In general:
* Although the hotel staff didn't speak Dutch/Flemish, they were friendly and helpfull.
* We requested two separate blankets/duvets the room when we booked. Upon arrival the staff immediately told us they hadn't take care of that yet, but they were doing their best. In the evening they fortunately brought us as second blanket
* We had to pay upon check-in, but I already read that in a review, so we were prepared and it didn't bother us.
* Breakfast was in the hotel next to Hotel Siru and costed € 10,- per person. It was fine, but if you a light breakfast eater and only want a croissant and coffee/tea, I would advise to eat outside the hotel, for instance in the Coffee Club next doors (although that place is only open on weekdays).

Pros:
* The hotel is only a 5 min. walk from the train station Brussels-North
* It is very close to the metro station Rogier (only 2 min walk)
* Across the street you'll find a mall City 2, with a Carrefour in the basement, which is open until 20.00, and one of the main shopping streets: Nieuwsstraat
* The tower room was spacious and clean, we could walk around the bed.
* The toilet and bathroom are separate
* The house keeping was okay. Although we didn't throw our towels on the floor, we got fresh/new towels
* We didn't hear other hotel guests. We are not sure if that was because we were in the tower room or because there were no guests on our floor

Cons:
* Despite the double glazing, you could hear the traffic noise very clear. Since I'm not use to that I had a lot of trouble sleeping
* The air in the room and toilet was musty/not really fresh. An air freshner might help...
* The matrass of the bed was very hard
* The elevator is a bit slow and very small

All in all it was a good, not too expensive, very central located, hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank KemangTiaree
HotelSiru, Directeur général at Hotel Siru, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2012

Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for your haven chosen Hotel Siru and to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

We are very glad to heur that, in general, you enjoyed your stay in our hotel.

We have taken carefully note of your comments about the elevator, the air and the mattress, and we can assure you that we’ve shared your remarks with the manager of the concerning department.

We hope you will give us the chance to prove you that comments like yours are taken seriously and we’re looking forward to welcome you back at Hotel Siru

Victor Camhis

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
Hotel des Colonies
#4 of 13 in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
Best Western City Centre
Best Western City Centre
#9 of 13 in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode

Been to Hotel Siru? Share your experiences!