“This, for 90 euros?!?”

Hotel Prestige
Belgrade, Serbia
“This, for 90 euros?!?”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My rating for this hotel is - poor. Very, very poor for its rude high price.
If you want to charge 90 euros per night & breakfast, you should really offer at least minimum of comfort - even if you are settled in Brussels, the very heart of Europe. Or, just because of it.

So, what do you get for your 90 euros:

1. a very, very small room
• with single, tiny bed with 2 little, tiny and thin pillows
• located in the remote and inaccessible spot on the third floor without elevator and with
over 60 uncomfortably high stair steps
• without table and chair
• without air conditioner
• with plenty of useless satelite TV channels
• with acceptable wifi connection
• with closet for your things
• with empty and turned-off mini bar
• with broken light - switch above your bed
• with poor illumination (additionaly worsened with aforesaid broken light-switch and
consequent impossibility to use a light above the bed)
• with dirty carpet

2. a bathroom
o with enough warm (not hot) water
o without shampoo
o cleaned everyday

3. a very modest breakfast

There is no elevator in the hotel. There is no service for carrying luggage neither. So, be prepared to carry your own luggage all by yourself. My experience is unpleasant: it is not that easy to carry the suitcase and two bags to the third floor, over 60 high steps, at 10 pm, after a half-day-long travel.

An advice: if you have any kind of health problems, you should not consider staying in this hotel.

Yes, the room was cleaned every day, and yes, towels and bedclothes were changed every day. But, if you report to the receptionist that something has to be changed or fixed in the room - like I asked for switch to be fixed and mini bar to be turned on - you will get an empty promise. In my case, the switch remained broken and mini bar empty and useless till the day I left.

Overall, choosing this hotel will mean that you will not freeze somewhere on the street; you will have a place to sleep; and will not be hungry and thirsty. But that's it. Your 90 euros will not ensure you even minimum of comfort, except you will have fair internet connection to lament to your friends and family over your bad choice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank NBPI

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed September 12, 2013

we were there in july and stayed 2 nights,Murat was so great with us,and he knows a lots about Brussels and around,you should to come in Berlin to visit us,thanks again.
Room was ok for the price !!!
clean

Room Tip: ask to Murat :)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank daan B
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Got a deal on late rooms for 45 euros for a twin room including breakfast. I was visiting belgium for the fomula 1 grand prix and this was a great hotel to save a bit of money. The room was basic, as expected for the price, but was spatitous and clean. The breakfast is pretty decent as well. I was only planning on staying one night but, after my eurostar got cancelled, the staff were very accomodating allowing me to get the same room for the same price. The area around the hotel is pretty run down but it's situated just a 10 minute walk from Brussels Nord train station and a 25 minute walk from the Grand Place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Harry M
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Got a deal on trip advisor for £50 euro for a twin room. It's a little tricky to find but as my phone didn't have roaming on I couldn't use GPS, so my fault there. The staff are great though, they lent my mate a power adapter, they have 24 hour reception, give tips on places to go and let us leave our bags there early and later. Basic breakfast, fills you up. The room is also basic, only complaint are the beds in the twin room are silly close. But the bathroom is much bigger then I expected. Looking for a nice cheap and polite place to stay. Stay here. If you get a deal like we did, def stay here

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Gray_area1987
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The hotel's staff is much kind. The rooms are confortable and clean, except for mouquette that should be changed. The breakfast is various and plentiful. In conclusion it is an excellent hotel for his quality-price relationship. I advice this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Eereereer
Indonesia
Reviewed May 12, 2013

In this Hotel, you get what you paid for, for a low price, you'll get a room, that big enough for two, with LCD Tv [which i've never turned it on, after all, you're in Brussels for a vacation, right ? not for watching TV :( ], and a bathroom, with hot, and cold shower, and hairdryer for my wife.

That's more than I expected for this Hotel. Overall my review is :

Comfort : [8/10] Clean, big room for two, with air conditioner and heater, and a clean bathroom too
Location : [7/10] The bus stop just across the Hotel, which I find convinient, It's not advisable if you're walking [I don't really like walking in this neighborhood]
Breakfast : [8/10] the breakfast has much variety, with croissant, ham, cheese, cereal, milk, egg, and yoghurt to fill you up
Parking : [?/10] when I have my breakfast, I saw there's a lot of car parking here, they got quite a space there, but since I don't use it, so I can't give my honest review
Staff : [9/10] They're very helpfull, when I come early, they gladly take my luggage first [luggage storage], and I take my day trip first, and when I depart, they told me which bus to the bus station departing France
Value [10/10] : For this price, I gladly return here again. I got more than I paid for.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Johan G
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I booked this hotel as it was described as being a "few minutes" walk from Grand Place. I deliberately paid more than average so I expected a lot more than I got!! I was expecting to spend some time alone as my brother, who I was meeting in Brussels, was working, so as a female alone I wanted to be able to come and go as I pleased in an area where I felt reasonably safe (I have stayed in Brussels before on my own with no problems). I am not particularly fussy about where I stay and am fluent in French but I did not even feel safe when I arrived by the nearest metro in the middle of the afternoon. On my short walk to the hotel there were dead rats on the floor, graffiti everywhere (including on a church), sirens going off constantly and lots of buildings nearby with smashed windows. The hotel itself is very pleasant, clean and calm. I was not offered help to my room with my things, just given directions, albeit the staff were polite. I asked how to get to the Grand Place and it was suggested I should take a bus as it would be at least a 20 minute walk. Obviously 20mins is not very long, however I felt that the location had been falsely advertised. This was not what I had envisaged and I certainly did not want to walk around this area on my own in the dark. The room itself was more than substandard for the price. The TV didn't work, single beds (my brother and I shared a twin room) were both very hard and uncomfortable, shower hot but needed descaling...very little water came from it?! I was impressed by the cleanliness of the towels and bed linen, also the service when my brother rang to ask for help connecting to wifi. In the morning, we were both woken up, first at 6.30am by staff shouting in the kitchen, then again at 8am onwards by cleaning staff who were vacuuming rooms and slamming doors. We were provided with reasonable choice at breakfast and enjoyed what we had. Overall, this hotel is not at all good value for money and, in my opinion, its location is falsely advertised, including in its own marketing.

Room Tip: Lone travellers, avoid like the plague, there are cheaper and better hotels nearer the nicer places...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Saint-Josse-ten-Noode hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
MEININGER Hotel Brussels City Center
MEININGER Hotel Brussels City Ce...
#1 of 2 in Saint-Jans-Molenbeek
#5 of 22 in Saint-Gilles
The Residence Les Ecrins
The Residence Les Ecrins
#60 of 198 in Brussels

Been to Hotel Prestige? Share your experiences!