“A special guest Erick”

Welcome To My Place
Milan, Lombardia, Italy
“A special guest Erick”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I'just back from a trip in Brucelles. I went there for an health issue trip so I tried to choose a location in a central position and with a friendly atmosphere. Welcome to My Place was exactly the place I was looking for. It is a nice and warm apartment ,very clean and with everything you need. Erick is really a nice and friendly guest .He is always ready for all your request and finally he is a wonderful cook too.....what to ask more

• Stayed January 2014
Erick M, Propriétaire at Welcome To My Place, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Ciao Francesca,

Thank you for your nice comment, it was really a pleasure for me to have you at home and to let you taste a bit my cooking... :) I wish you all the best and hope to see you next time in case you would be back in Brussels...

Cheers,
Erick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 24, 2013

If you want to have a unique experience and to experience Europe like a local, spend a few nights at a true B&B like this one. I travel several time a year on business and like to take a break from the sterile feel of hotel on the weekends. Erik is a great host and very sociable and likeable. The building and his flat have a lot of architectural character. Also, I was the first one up in the morning and as a cat lover enjoyed the attention from Josaphine. (I called her over, so if you are not a cat lover she won't bother you).

The location is good, the Metro and tram station is one block away.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Mikedsn
Erick M, Propriétaire at Welcome To My Place, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Dear Mike,

Thank's a lot for your nice comments about us... ! And really happy that you mention that i'm a true B&B... ! Hope to see you again if you come back one day in Belgium... Me and Joséphine, we wish you all the best !
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Erick is a great, flexible and helpful host. Nice rooms, good breakfast and the most amazing professional steam iron. I enjoyed my stay, and will stay there again if I work in Brussels. Convenient walking distance to Place Rogier or Madou

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank andries v
I'm really happy that you enjoyed your stay and I'm loooking forward to see you again !
Best wishes !
Valencia, Spain
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I decided to stay in "Welcome to my place" when I read all the previous positive comments and I must say they are right. The house is nice, the baldaquin room (where I stayed) very comfortable, the breakfast is good and Erick is very nice as well. I took good notice on his recommendation about where to buy good chocolate, and certainly it was an excellent choice!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JLPamplo
Erick M, Propriétaire at Welcome To My Place, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Dear JL,

Thank's a lot for your comments about your stay,at my place... I'm also happy that you could discover the best chocolates in Brussels I recommanded to you ;-)
Hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again if you come back to Brussels... It was nice to talk with you !

Best wishes,
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed November 14, 2012

It was a nice stay at Eric's place in Brussel. He is a very friendly host and knows a lot about Brussel. His place is very clean and you have all the equipment what you need. The centre is near and you can walk easily to the European Parliament or other hotspots.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gerard v
Erick M, Propriétaire at Welcome To My Place, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Gerard & Mieke,

It was really a pleasure to host you, and I was very happy to participate to enjoying your stay !
I hope to have the pleasure to host you again if you come back to Brussels one day !

Best wishes !!
Sacramento, California
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Stayed at WelcomeToMyPlace for one night. Rooms were clean and spacious, bathrooms clean, beds comfortable, location satisfactory and in walking distance to main sites. Erick was a good and gracious host. We were, however, a bit startled by the accommodations as we were truly staying in his (small-ish) apartment. While we kicked ourselves for not recognizing the obvious (the name, after all, is "WelcometoMyPlace"), we didn't realize that this was the case until we walked into the apartment and somehow felt a bit like intruders into someone's living space. Perhaps that was due in part to the list of rules to abide by during the stay and the toothbrushes in the bathroom (that weren't ours). If you are the type of traveler that wants the anonymity of a hotel, or even the more generic feel of most B&B's, you might not want this accommodation. On the other hand, if you want to stay in a clean room with a nice host, knowing that you are in his apartment, this Brussels choice is great, although maybe a little overpriced. It was our fault to miss the concept of this place, so I figured I'd review to be sure it is clear to others.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Grizzwald11
Reviewed December 14, 2011

Stayed here recently with my wife. It was something different from a hotel but to be honest I'd rather just stay in a hotel it's not much cheaper and just can't compete with a hotel on a city break. Erick is a very nice guy and I wish him well but as accommodation goes it's just not what id expected.

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank Toadstools
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
Made in Louise
Living in Brusel, Urban B&B
Hotel Retro
Hotel Retro
#16 of 209 in Brussels

Been to Welcome To My Place? Share your experiences!