Best Western City Centre
Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre(Saint-Josse-ten-Noode)(Great Value!)
$138
$111
$102
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
NH Brussels Bloom(Saint-Josse-ten-Noode)(Great Value!)
$107
Chao Chow Palace(Saint-Josse-ten-Noode)
$66
Cancelon
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswireless signalgare du noordsurrounding area isbig roomtourist attractionseuropean commissioncomfortable roomminutes walkingdutchbrusselproximitybathtubbotaniquesheraton
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a four night break 6th-10th June.

Only booked an ordinary room and this turned out to be on the first floor at the front of the building looking out onto the police station. Had the window open at night as the weather was warm and was not troubled with any noise at all. The room itself was more than adequate with a large comfortable double bed and a very clean bathroom and the water was always hot.

They do provide you with a kettle and cups to make a cup of tea or coffee in your room, all was fine until we tried to make a drink and found out that we had..........

Ipk of earl grey tea.
2pk of coffee
7pk of sugar
no milk powder
no spoon

You would think that housekeeping would check the quantities match up.

Breakfast was good but the scrambled egg does tend to run out, we did ask for it to be replaced but felt the woman who oversees the breakfast could be a little more pleasent.
The coffee comes out of a machine and is the worse coffee I have ever had.

Reception staff are very good and nothing is to much trouble to them, all speak good English.

Its true that this hotel is about an half hours walk into the centre of Brussels and is not in a very good area but for what you pay it is not a bad hotel for a short stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Don't be fooled as I was by the location of this hotel. It is NOT in the City Centre. It is a good 20-30 minutes walk. It is in a seedy part of town. There were no lifts operating at the closest train station Gare Nord as they were boarded up. However, regarding the hotel itself, our hotel room was clean,warm and quiet. The towels in our room were a dark grey (supposed to be white!!) and so thin and threadbare that I would have used them for rags. Staff were helpful, but need to provide precise details for where to pick up the Hop On, Hop Off Bus. My husband and I were waiting almost an hour in the place where we were told to pick up the bus, to find out from another traveller that it was around the corner and we almost missed it. They only come once an hour! Breakfast was standard fare. Wi-Fi is supposed to work in the hotel rooms, but did not work in our room, but did downstairs by reception. I wouldn't go back.

Room Tip: Don't go here unless you are on a strict budget as it is of average quality and NOT in the City Centre.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank virginia096
Reviewed May 9, 2013

As other reviewers have pointed out, it's a bit off center. However, the botanique metro station is close by. At the reception they seemed to be eager to get rid of me. As I was being helped, the phone rang and they completely ignored me and left me standing there for a few minutes. When I got my key and opened the room, the first thing that stroke me was the broken closet door, which was standing next to it. Ok, that was not so bad. They could have taken the door out and just leave the closet without a door, particularly because the door was interrupting the corridor to the rest of the room. Also, the cleaning ladies put the door back in the closet, which made me believe it was fixed but when I went to open it, the door fell on my head!!!

The second frustration was the shower head - when I went to take a shower, the shower head was completely broken and water squirted everywhere. Was not able to take a shower properly and even cut my finger on it. Not nice!

My most important frustration was the internet. I picked this hotel precisely because of internet - but the computer could not connect to the wireless and there was no wired alternative. Weak!!

The breakfast was OK and the internet worked in the (tiny) lobby.

Room Tip: Don't take a room facing the street... It's quite noisy
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank hdeus
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We were not in the best of moods when we arrived at this hotel. We got off the euro star from London at 11.00 and by 11.30 we had been relieved of our passports, tickets and money! We took the tube to Rogier and stood next to our cases. At some point during the journey the bag containing the above was removed from our feet without the us having the slightest suspicion. There were many groups of young men getting on and off the tube and one of then is now slightly better off. We were very upset and the lack of visible police or metro help points didn't help. So the first day was spend cancelling cards and sitting in police stations. Unfortunately nothing could be done until the following Monday, this all happened on Friday, as we had to buy new travel documents from the embassy,115 euros each! In short this was a very expensive and distressing break.
The hotel were very sympathetic and made us coffee and upgraded. However this is not city centre but backs on to a very dicey red light district. Do not walk at night from the north station unless happy to defend yourself. There are underpasses from this and the slightly nearer Rogier metro and they are not pleasant in the day or night.
Hotel was comfortable, clean with a good buffet breakfast. But the position is horrid.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank julesandcilla
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The hotel is located near the very center of the city, just next to the office complex of the European Commission and just a 3 min. walk from the Gare Du Nord train station. Unfortunately it is located on the "wrong side of the rail road tracks", just on th edge of a rough districted of delapidated buidlings, sex shops and peep-shows. The hotel itself is quite OK, the prices and price/value is not great but satisfactory (at least for Brusseles - I suppose). The rooms are clean, quiet, service friendly and efficient. On the down side: breakfast was a real disapointment: the coffee from a vending machine was the worst I have had in my entire life (no exaggeration here), the fact that you can buy coffee from a *coin operated* espresso machine is a bit offending in my opinion, also there was litterally not a slice of a fresh fruit or vegetable served. All in all I can recommend this hotel for a short business trip.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business