“Bright cafe and friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Pattacakes - CLOSED

Pattacakes
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating
Description: Formerly Pattacakes, the cafe is now called Leaf and Loaf is still baking and selling bread.
Ruislip, United Kingdom
“Bright cafe and friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

I enjoyed the toasties. The hot chocolate was ok, but I've had better. It came with loads of cream and marshmallows, so that was good. The bread was nice. I'd have loved to have had a dessert, but I was quite full after the toasties. I bought some marmalade. The cafe seems to have won some awards with some of its desserts, so it'd be worth trying. I'll probably be back again (Welburn/Bulmer is where my ancestors lived) when I visit the area. Staff were friendly; they messed up my order but put it right. I thought that it was a little dear for the prices, though.

• Visited July 2012

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great food, great staff, beautiful cakes.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2011

Pattacakes is in a beautiful village, situated very close to castle howard and is ideal for walkers and ramblers to call in after a long hard slog viewing the countryside that North Yorkshire has to offer. I called in for some lunch as was greeted by very friendly staff and a cake counter to die for. Very reasonable prices for some lovely food. Totally recommended for anyone in the area.

• Visited July 2011