TripAdvisor
Viana do Castelo
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews santa luzia fantastic views the river grand hotel corner room hill overlooking the town stunning location funicular railway public spaces the atlantic ocean fairy tale three nights wonderful hotel each evening dual aspect pork restaurant staff
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I really liked this Pousada a lot. It's very stylish and charming. The views from the terrace are extraordinary, best enjoyed with a glass of wine. The gardens are well kept without being overly manicured. Most people will arrive by car, but I arrived by train from Porto and took the funicular up to Santa Luzia but failed to find the shortest way to the hotel, so I followed the road which takes about 15 minutes walking up the hill. There's actually a portal at the beginning of that road behind Santa Luzia. Just press the button and they'll let you in.
Dinner was quite good but not exceptional. Service, however, was top notch. One waiter only talked to me in Portuguese because I asked him to. Another one talked to me in English but explained the dishes in Portuguese as well, just so I could learn some new words. The receptionists were equally lovely.
The reason why I can't give it full points is because of the room. I booked last minute and had the take the last available room, which was OK but rather dated and dull and with a mattress a bit too hard for my liking. Having said that, I would have loved to stay at least one more night and will surely go back some time.

Date of stay: October 2019
Pousada_Viana, Gerente at Pousada Viana do Castelo, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Customer,

We thank you for your comments and the time spent.

It is with personal satisfaction that I acknowledge the positive feedback regarding our team work and effort. It is reassuring to know that our endeavor to create memorable moments is successful.

Once again we thank you for your comments which we will be passing on to all our team members and we hope to have the opportunity in welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

the pousada castello is an exceptional hotel due to its location its vieu and its service. It is a place where a person can relax and enjoy moments of calme and meditation. it is not far from Vian the city,which impressed me by its cleanliness. A great hotel

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Pestana Hotel Group

Dear "edouard b",

Reviewed October 13, 2019

The views from this hotel are fantastic both by day and night, and worth the drive up the winding hillside. There was a very peaceful atmosphere and the staff were very pleasant. Breakfast was very good with plenty to choose from. Evening meal, there was always a delicious soup, a good selection of starters, but we were disappointed with the main courses,delicious pastries for dessert. Bedroom wasn't large but adequate, large bathroom. Our stay three night was very enjoyable.

Room tip: A room on the front with a balcony for the view.

Dear Mr. "MC1066",
We thank you for your comments and the time spent.
It is with personal satisfaction that I acknowledge the feedback.
We have taken note of suggestions for improvement. Thank you for your opinion and we will take the suggestions into consideration.

Reviewed October 9, 2019

Dissapointed with rather cramped room and bathroom. Extortianate bar prices. Pleasant hotel though and nicely furnished. Everywhere clean and breakfast offered good variety. Annoyed at being asked to donate to charity at check out as surely the prices charged the company could donate. I already d donate to charities of my choice.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Pestana Hotel Group

Dear Customer,

Reviewed September 29, 2019

If you want great views of Viana and the coastline, do not miss this hotel. We stayed two nights and enjoyed every minute. At our arrival, the Restaurent still served us a great lunch at 3pm. Viana was our first introduction to Portuguese seafood and we loved it. The historic centre is very worthwhile if you do not object to a steep winding drive to the centre of town. The hotel staff was so nice to point us in the right direction.

Room tip: Choose a room with a view of the church, harbour and coastline
Date of stay: September 2019
Pousada_Viana, Gerente at Pousada Viana do Castelo, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2019

Dear Mr. "Gaston M",