“Turning the clock back...”
Review of Cafe Majestic

Cafe Majestic
Ranked #5 of 23 Coffee & Tea in Porto
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Malaga, Spain
“Turning the clock back...”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

What a diamond to visit. This 1900 style café is heaving with atmosphere. Wonderful, fast service, and a good selection to chose from. This is a famous café--its a must for your tea or coffee ,--and afternoon tea. We did just that and came back for an early dinner--steak--prior to our flight. Not expensive--worth a visit.

• Visited October 2013

• Serbian first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Watford, Hertfordshire
“The name speaks for itself”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

I had read about this cafe and so dragged my boyfriend there. I'm so glad we went as we both agreed it was delicious. The cafe is beautiful, like stepping into a bygone world. It reminded me of being in Paris which is no bad thing. The staff are friendly and attentive. Try the coffee bom bom, it was the best thing I had during the whole of my trip. It's located in the main shopping area of town too so it's good for a quick stop to regain your strength for my retail therapy. A definite visit.

Mequon, Wisconsin
“Very pretty restaurant with a Harry Potter connection”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Had two meals at the Café Majestic in Porto. My sandwich was fresh and flavorful, and served by a friendly waitress. Service was also great and well-timed. I never felt rushed. My second visit was for a "tea" with friends. Again, the food was fresh and flavorful, and ample variety was included, giving each of the 8 of us an opportunity to sample each item, rather than having to choose which of the tasty items to try.

We were told that JK Rowling spent time in the restaurant while writing the Harry Potter series.

• Visited July 2013
Jasper, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“beautiful cafe”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I had to go for coffee in this amazing cafe You cannot top looking around at the beautiful architecture. The ambience was great and the service was good We only had coffe so not sure about the food The window seat is great

• Visited May 2013
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Status slightly exaggerated”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Although I enjoyed the interior of the place immensely, its clientele and the offerings were slightly less appetizing. Overall nice, but a bit saggy.

• Visited September 2013