“Our favorite restaurant in Portugal!”
Review of Tapabento

Tapabento
Ranked #5 of 2,263 Restaurants in Porto
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We have no other option to announce our holidays: Closed for holidays from 23 December 2018 until the 2 January 2019. We will open again on the 3 January 2019 at 7pm. Wishes of a great year 2019!
Reviewed June 18, 2019

We were lucky to get a walk in here, as one normally has to book quite a way ahead. We tried again for a week later and failed to get a table.
The ambiance, food and service here are second to none. it's only a small place, but I think they plan to expand.It is really as good as the reviews say. If you plan to visit Porto, book before you travel here!
It's just behind the station, which is worth a visit itself.

Date of visit: September 2018
Tapa B, Proprietário at Tapabento, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

It is so nice to read such words!
We appreciate you took your time to write this opinion and hope to see you again sometime.
Wishes of a great day :)

Write a ReviewReviews (4,612)

Reviewed June 13, 2019 via mobile

We tried to get in tonight but they are booked up for the whole week. We are really disappointed but will try to get in at lunchtime. Advice. Book ahead.

Reviewed June 12, 2019

I came here twice on my trip (which I never do) and was inclined to write a review (which I rarely do). This place has unbelievably friendly service and beyond delicious food. The atmosphere is relaxed and comfortable, but always buzzing. It will be full, so make a reservation, get there early, or be prepared to wait. Highly, highly recommend!

Date of visit: June 2019

Thank you very much for your review and visit :)
So nice you enjoyed the food and the service!
Hopefully we see you again soon :)
Wish you a great day!

Reviewed June 11, 2019 via mobile

My friends and I went here based on the reviews here and were so happy we did. The seafood curry was to die for...It’s a must order and the presentation of the dishes was gorgeous. The restaurant’s name is a bit deceiving since there weren’t many tapas dishes on the lunch menu but my friends and I shared mains and were very satisfied.

Date of visit: June 2019

It is so nice to read such words! :))
Wishes of a great day! :)

Reviewed June 8, 2019

to get a table in this fairly small restaurant you need to be organised
We found it on Thursday evening at 7pm and people were queuing outside the door having been told there would be no tables before 20.30

We booked for the next night at 19.00when they opened on the understanding we needed to vacate the table in favour of other guests at 20.30

Well the food was of the clock as was the service.
I had the best sea food curry I have every had and believe you me I have eaten some good sea food curries.

The dishes appear to be their own creations and the menu is fairly simple and uncomplicated and the fore cooked fresh.

The ambience was excellent and the lady owner who also doubles up as a door woman/ bouncer was lovely as were all her staff. No wonder people que. it’s worth the wait.

Date of visit: June 2019

Thank you very much for your review and visit :) So nice you enjoyed the food and the service!
Hopefully we see you again soon :)
Wish you a great day!