“Good deal and great service ”

O Afonso Restaurante
Ranked #202 of 2,333 Restaurants in Porto
Description: The Francesinha , is undoubtedly one of the most typical dishes of the city of Porto. Here in Afonso Restaurant , we can find this delicacy Porto with many years experience , coming from the late Cafe Luso times.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I used TripAdvisor to locate this restaurant. I was looking for dinner just for myself. I had wonderful seafood lunch and wanted some else from the local cousins. Reviews looked reasonable. I came around 7:15 and was the second customer; however, by 8 it was full. Menu is limited, but their specialty is what you need to order (I think most guests were ordering it), at was great.

With a glass of beer and and a shot of 10-year Port (on a house), the bill came under 15 euro. Service was great.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (392)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Amazing Francesinhas! The best one i have ever tried! The service is great and the waiter is very courteous!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We are still sitting in O Afonso.. really kind waiters and the food is just..what can I say.. AWESOME!
Best Francesinhas in town!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We wanted to have a traditional Porto meal and we were not disappointed. The sandwich came with a side of sauce and lots of fries. Our waiter was the best.

Reviewed September 9, 2019

O Afonso was the place where we had our first Francesinha in Porto. It was good and came with a big plate of french fries. There were interesting decorations (especially for F1 fans). Waiter was great, funny and helpful. At the end we received glass of Porto (very very good).