“A great value!”

Eurostars Das Artes Hotel
Ranked #26 of 111 Hotels in Porto
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Our family of five spent two nights in two rooms at this hotel. The hotel was clean, the staff members were helpful and very hard working (we saw the same man working late at night in the bar and then again bright and early the next morning at breakfast). We enjoyed the complimentary juice cocktail for booking online. The location seemed a little dicey at first but once we got used to the city we found it quite nice and convenient. We arrived on the metro and found the walk there a bit long, The directions on the website are not very clear and we were at the mercy of a nice elderly man who gave us directions (me speaking Spanish and him speaking Portuguese...) The breakfast buffet was also quite good value and we found enough for everyone to eat.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 5Travellers1263
Write a ReviewReviews (1,443)

Reviewed November 14, 2013

There's no doubts, it is a very good hotel, with a friendly staff and good rooms. Don't wait for luxuries or big surprises, there's only a clean hotel, with a very good location (arts street), and with everything you need. I was very surprised. There's only one thing, I stayed for two nights and after my first night, I left in the floor before cleaning, my sheets because for an accident it was dirty in a small part of it. For my surprise, they used the same sheets for the second night (once again, they were in the floor!!!), and it's not a very smart attitude of housekeeping. A part of this, congratulations!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank andre_m_torre
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

This propety is an excellent value for money. Although located just a short walk to the city center I found it quite nice. Nothing special but still interesting. The main building is a traditional portuguese house which was once a school.
The staff was helpful and frendly.
Check in/out was quick and efficient. My room was on the top floor which made it less covenient due to inclinated walls. That was ok but difficult to get closer to the wash basin . I learnt each room had different layout so probably this was the case for this specific room.
The bed was very hard but comfortable to sleep in, the tv had a good choice of channels.
Wifi was fee and breakfast was included in my rate. A regular price was 12€ which is a lot, considering basic choices offered.
The common areas looked a little tired and the bar area boring.
But considering the price, I cannot complain. The hotel needs some minor repairs (holes in the wall, broken window shades, stains on the hallway carpet.)
I was offered a welcome drink on arrival and a small detail in my room which was a nice surprise.
I would definitely recommend this hotel especially for those wanting to explore the traditional parts of Porto and on a tight budget.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Ludwig70
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Okay, there is some walk to activities of Porto, but nothing that you could not do if you value city holidays overall. The hotel is perfect choice if you're looking nice, comfortable and feasible stay for few nights. The rooms and beds were nice and the breakfast was excellent... my special distinction goes to fresh orange juice :-)

Totally worth of every penny.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

After a week in Europe in their small rooms, tiny lifts and terrible beds (including two twins sandwiched together as a "Queen"), I was so surprised to find a legitimate King sized bed with excellent sheets, and a firm mattress. That alone made the hotel worth it. Even better was the breakfast breads and cereals catering to both European, and foreign diets.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Overall, I highly recommend this hotel, the only reason I gave 4 not 5 stars is because from time to time a strong smell of cigarettes came into the room through the air-conditioning. One night it was so strong it was as if someone had been chain-smoking in the room!

The staff were efficient but also very friendly and helpful.

The room (standard twin) and bathroom were large, modern and very nice - though if you have a problem with roosters crowing in the morning, I suggest you take earplugs, how very Portuguese!

The public areas of the hotel are modern and very stylish, the parking is underneath the building and couldn't be easier.

It is located about a (brisk) 10 minute walk from the Riberia district and is 5 minutes from great restaurants (Nicola and Camafeu), shops, etc. There is a laundry when you turn left out of the hotel and then first street on the left, a bit of the way down. This is incidentally also the way to the shops and restaurants, and Cafe Decomur on the corner of Rua do Rosario and that street is EXCELLENT (much better than the one directly across from the hotel). There is also a great little fruit shop near the laundry.

2  Thank SunAndFoodSeeker
Reviewed October 16, 2013

While the hotel is located a bit of a distance from the center of Porto, it was in a quiet area which allowed for restful sleep after a busy day of sightseeing. Walking to activities took maybe 10 or 15 minutes, and I felt very safe in walking through the streets in the area. The street where the hotel is located doesn't look so terrific, but don't be put off by any of that. The area is SAFE and once you enter the hotel lobby you are greeted by modern surroundings. My room was very nice. Even though I had booked a "single" room, I had a double bed and a window overlooking the neighborhood. The bathroom was quite large, and I really enjoyed the speakers which were in there so I could listen to the TV news while I was getting ready. I normally don't order room service but one morning I was tired and wanted to eat and rest at the same time. The breakfast was delivered on time and was just what I ordered. That was a nice surprise. The coffee wasn't so great but I found that type of coffee was typical in Portugal. The staff was MOST helpful with directions, suggestions, etc. I also thought the room rate was very reasonable. The room was very clean and appeared to be new. I also appreciated having air conditioning!!!! A hair dryer was also in the room. All in all my stay was most pleasant and I would stay there again should my travels take me to Porto again.