I work in a hotel and have reasonably high expectations of service. The welcome was friendly, there were two nice gentlemen on reception but one one particular lady a bit short. She didnt seem to care and even gave us wrong directions! We asked where to pick up the 202 and she said to get to where we wanted on the seafront we could get the 201. Wrong it took us way of course and meant me and my mum had to work out the metro completely out of town where noone around spoke English. Very annoying and lucky were pretty savvy otherwise it would have been an expensive taxi ride. It also added a good hour to our journey! In leaving the hotel no one bothered to help is down the stairs with our bags even though there were 4 team members just chatting a few metres away. Little things make a big difference and they weren't all there. But service ok. Housekeeping were good, room was always tided and clean.
No tea and coffee facilities in the room. Otherwise room was good, a few things could do with sprucing up - grouting in the bathroom was stained and bitty and the sink was chipped... Large window that opened which was great and TV with 4 English speaking channels. Good shelving, hanging space. Safe in room.
We had breakfast two mornings. €12 per person, all you can eat. No complaints really, fresh juice and fruits. Breads, meats, cheese and bacon sausage and egg.
Printer for use in the lobby and free computer usage. Wifi is free.
About a 10-15 minute walk from town but not a bad walk! Supermarket close by and cafes. Recommend Apasta on the same road and Bugo Art burgers is amazing!
Overall a nice hotel and safe location
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For people who love art. For people who appreciate port wine and know how to enjoy it with the necessary calm. For these people we have opened the Eurostars Das Artes. The Eurostars Das Artes has a total of 89 modern, spacious rooms, equipped with high-speed Wi-Fi connections, writing desk, air conditioning, mini-bar and satellite TV. The hotel also has 4 single rooms and 3 junior suites with king-size beds and generous extra space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Eurostars Das Artes Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eurostars Das Artes Porto
- Eurostars Das Artes Hotel Porto