My heart always sinks a little when I get to my hotel room and it could literally be anywhere in the world. And that's how I sum up this hotel. The bedrooms are so utterly bland and soulless with dull and slightly tired and scuffed furniture. Given the art reference in the name, it was ironic that the walls are bare and there's no nice accessories that would perhaps make this feel a bit nicer. The Lonely Planet used words like 'boutique' feel and 'handsomely decorated' about this hotel so perhaps there are better rooms but the one I had would not win any awards. The walls were also paper thin so I was woken up thinking someone was showering in our room and the welcome we received at check-in was fantastically abrupt to the point of rudeness.
On the plus side, if you're not bothered about your surroundings and want something reasonably priced and clean then this would do the job. If I visit again I will definitely check out the Gallery Hostel around the corner which looked fantastic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For people who love art. For people who appreciate port wine and know how to enjoy it with the necessary calm. For these people we have opened the Eurostars Das Artes. The Eurostars Das Artes has a total of 89 modern, spacious rooms, equipped with high-speed Wi-Fi connections, writing desk, air conditioning, mini-bar and satellite TV. The hotel also has 4 single rooms and 3 junior suites with king-size beds and generous extra space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Eurostars Das Artes Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eurostars Das Artes Porto
- Eurostars Das Artes Hotel Porto