“Bueno, bonito y barato”

Ranked #93 of 1,681 Restaurants in Porto
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Restaurante/Taberna onde se servem tapas e pratos da cozinha Portuguesa. E um local pequeno e acolhedor onde o objectivo e dar a conhecer aos nossos clientes a cozinha tradicional.
Darmstadt, Germany
“Bueno, bonito y barato”
Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

Great place where the service is always serving you in the best way and quite fast. The only problem is that the menu is not so big...I have ordered " bacalao con natas" and was really nice.

1 Thank lepetit11

• Korean first
  • Polish first
“Brilliant hidden delight ”
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

What a great little place, I found it by looking through trip adviser so I thought i should add to the list of compliments. If you want fantastic food with great service in a fun and traditional setting this is the place to be. We really enjoyed our visit and ate until we could eat no more! A must do in Porto!

Lorrach, Germany
“Delicious, cosy, warm”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

About a month ago I went to Porto for the first time with my boyfriend.

One evening we decided to look for the 'Taberna do Barqueiro' which was recommended in our tourguide.

After we'd walk up and down the correct street roughly 4 times and hopelessly looking for what seemed to be a non existent restaurant, we finally found it, hidden in a corner of a side street.

It might have been a bit of a nightmare trying to find it but it was definitely worth it!

A cosy, warm atmosphere; a lovely, friendly hostess who welcomes one with open arms and the most delicious food and wine we tasted on our whole trip.

All in all, the 'Taberna do Baqueiro' may be small and hidden at first sight, however it gave our holiday something special :)

• Visited March 2014
Montpellier, France
“Probably the funniest hours in Porto”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Restaurant is really nice and tiny. My girlfriend and I had a very good time, eating (and drinking) a lot for just 15 € per person. Waitress / owner is really hilarious, we spoke a lot of what she served us and everything else. If you don't dislike eating side by side to a complete stranger, this is a the perfect bar.
Totally recommended!

• Visited April 2014
Berlin, Germany
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Chic and Hip Old Porto”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

This place was amazing! The woman who runs it is warm and welcoming and fun! I had a great time there. Very authentic but also "chic." a perfect combination. I have a phobia of Sardines, but I tried them there, and they were fantastic!

• Visited March 2014