“Wonderful dinner”

Cozinha dos Loios
Ranked #97 of 2,262 Restaurants in Porto
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A unique space located in downtown Porto, in the historic center, that mixes the influences of French or Spanish cuisine on a menu for lovers of the Mediterranean diet. Top quality is guaranteed by the best national ingredients. "Cozinha dos Lóios" is a restaurant with two floors, with 50 seats, and a menu that's constantly evolving. It stands for food with passion, in an intimate and welcoming atmosphere.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was such a lovely dinner! The complete package of amazing food, cozy and elegant ambiance, and excellent service. I have struggled a bit with choosing food in Portugal as I do not eat seafood. I am certain the seafood here is great, but the duck confit was outstanding too! It was a unique blend of tastes, and went perfectly with the recommended wine. The prices were also entirely appropriate, and in fact, a good deal. It will be hard not to come here for the next 2 nights I spend in Porto!

1  Thank T4401HHjessical
Rita P, Proprietário at Cozinha dos Loios, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We were very happy to have you here. We will try always to do our best.
Thank you very much!

Reviewed June 11, 2019 via mobile

We were so glad that we chose this restaurant based on recommendations on TripAdvisor. We enjoy eating out when we are on holiday and we were NOT disappointed!
We were guided through our meal choices. So the sharing meal starter of salmon ceviche was tasty ( such depth of flavour) especially with the toasted bread pieces and homemade garlic butter. I wasn’t keen on the butter so some delicious oil was brought as an alternative. I’d like to
know what was in it?
My husband enjoyed his pork fish and semi-fredo,and my sole was superb!
I also loved that everyone gets to taste the chosen wine so any who don’t like it, can choose something different.
Charming service from a man who is passionate about the food and your dining experience! Thank you!

1  Thank Auberiginas
Rita P, Proprietário at Cozinha dos Loios, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2019

What a great review!
It's a great pleasure to hear such satisfaction. Thank's a lot, Auberiginas!!

Reviewed June 3, 2019 via mobile

Really enjoyed a dinner for 6 a few nights ago, just a few metres away from our Airbnb and booked easily online via ‘the fork’. All dishes enjoyed by all 6 diners, especially the crab risotto, confit of duck and daily special, which was a seafood tagliatelle. Super service and very friendly host.

Date of visit: June 2019
Rita P, Proprietário at Cozinha dos Loios, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2019

What a great review! Everybody likes to feel special. We hope you felt the same here. Thank you very much, Justin!!

Reviewed May 29, 2019

Very much enjoyed dinner in this small but cosy restuarant. The owner and staff were very friendly and attentive without being intrusive and where happy to recommend suitable wine & port. The food was delicious and the portions very generous, which sadly meant no room for dessert. I would recommend booking ahead as it is a deservedly popular place.

Date of visit: April 2019
Rita P, Proprietário at Cozinha dos Loios, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2019

We are delighted to hear that you spent a good time with us and enjoyed our food. Thank you!!

Reviewed May 21, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I made a reservation on the basis of the trip advisor reviews - we were delighted. I had the squid ink linguini with shrimp and crab, my wife had the sole. The service was attentive and generous. I highly recommend this restaurant - it is small, but intimate and cozy. Food is great as is the service and ambience.

Date of visit: May 2019
Rita P, Proprietário at Cozinha dos Loios, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2019

It's a great pleasure to hear such satisfaction. Thank's a lot, Michael!!