Review Highlights
Fantastic tour in the Douro Valley!

We absolutely loved the Douro Valley and the Douro Exclusive Gold tour with Marco was the highlight... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
BadcopBubby
Cleveland, Ohio
A Magical and Memorable Experience in Porto!

I can't begin to say enough good things about the very special experience we had with Ana. We came... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
SmartTraveler927
San Diego, California

Recommended experiences in and around Porto
from $100.97
1,348 results
All reviews doc restaurant gold tour boat ride rui paula gourmet lunch day trip port wine the river wine maker amazing lunch comfortable mercedes van beautiful valley vintage port wine tasting highlight of our trip private tour small winery
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I could type a novel outlining the reasons to book with Douro Exclusive, truly. This day was our favorite of our 2 weeks in Portugal!! From the moment Sandra picked us up to the moment she dropped us off, we enjoyed ourselves so much! Sandra was wonderful - funny, informative, and so nice! Her knowledge of the region was so vast and I learned so much from her. The wineries we visited were so charming and all the wine was fantastic! The lunch at Doc was perfect - the setting, the food, the wine all absolutely incredible! Tasting a 40-year old Tawny Port closed the day on a beautiful river cruise in a moment I will always remember! Booking this trip was so easy and you truly cannot beat the price. It was a small price to pay for a priceless experience! You will not regret taking a trip with this company! I would return to Portugal for this experience alone! An added bonus was meeting 4 other people we didn't know and sharing this day with them. I recommend doing the group trip! Obrigado, Douro Exclusive!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I couldn't recommend Douro Exclusive enough!!! My friend Maggie and I traveled to Porto and did the Gold Experience Day with Ana. It was absolutely one of our favorite days of our 10 day Portugal and Spain trip. We had an amazing itinerary - Ana picked us up from Porto, brought us to breakfast to make sure everyone was able to eat before the tours, took us to a winery where we tried delicious Ports, had the most incredible lunch, a private boat ride on the river, and to another amazing family-owned winery where we were able to try other Portuguese wines. Ana was so knowledgeable of the wines and the valley. We walked away feeling like we had a really great sense of the valley and loved that Ana took us to hidden gem wineries that were not commercial and as publicized. She was so thoughtful and made sure the day was unforgettable for everyone in our group. For example, my birthday was the day before the tour and Ana had the restaurant bring out a birthday treat at our lunch. This is a must do experience if you are in Porto, I don't think there could be a better way to see the Douro valley. Thank you Ana and team for the best day!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The picture alone will finally get me leverage in my family's collective memory bank - our group's last stop on a day's worth of breathtaking landscapes and introductions to the remarkable, UNESCO-recognized wine region surrounding the Duoro River.
The day was rich with sensory delights - wine, sailing the gentle river through scenery that awed, wine, creative foods, wine, and Sandra's fascinating, exceptionally detailed narration that gives context and insight into everything you're seeing. Nothing prepared the delightful mix of guests on this tour, and myself, for the unique opportunity, and ultimate sensory thrill, to tread the freshly-harvested grapes ourselves!
With or without this experience, the tour was exactly what I had hoped for. Small, extremely comfortable, extensive knowledge, and well-sourced.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We went on the Gold trip with Douro Exclusive and I cannot recommend enough! Sandra was well knowledgeable on all things Douro Valley and also kept the day light and fun. Highlight of the trip was a wonderful lunch at DOC and our 2nd vineyard visit where we were able to stomp the grapes since it was harvest time. Truly a bucket list experience!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Amongst our travels we have been very fortunate to see some extraordinary locations, but this rivals anything we have visited, but it was made even better because of our wonderful and knowledgeable host in Ana from Douro Exclusive. The package they presented promised an incredible experience, but I must say it surpassed both mine and my wife’s expectations. Ana being a local of the area was informative, but even more, she was passionate of the region and ensured that we experienced her sentiments. Her local knowledge was able to take to the more remote and exclusive parts of the Douro in her very comfortable Mercedes Benz van which the larger vehicles are unable to access and the lunch at the Michelin restaurant DOC was an amazing lunch and location. I cannot praise the company highly enough other than if you are not doing the Douro with Ana and her team you will not be experiencing the Douro in its entirety.